Sign in to follow this  
Ethipi

Rice and Sushi

Rice and chicken Gumbo!!  oops forgot Rice and Shrimp/Crab Gumbo!

Oh and I like the Rice Pudding too!  ;D

There are so MANY international rice-based recipes, both food & beverages, perhaps we can get several ^_^  Might have to add PEPPERS as a new farm crop for some like kimchi & rice.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGjxRpKuslXJKzGbqdsyzRTbuXxBsm3XIpFdx1GHmD8FB3gycfimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3VeFAW730A1QeTX5oeBGDbXtsTiAuG-10h7bWEERgBHEREhPF

Mmmm spices .. once we have SALT and PEPPER .. might be nice to have regional spices in some manner that encourages a SPICE TRADE. Or just use foraged herbs but more regionalized. Perhaps some spice-or-herb-infused foods might have a random 15 minute "affitinity bonus" that players might like trading for (and since food is very perishable, it would discourage hoarding and instead encourage actively trading it while "hot off the griddle".

I think one issue discouraging trade is most things have very slow decay so easier to toss it into a bsb or even a chest than to try to really trade it.

Highly perishable "valuables" might reverse that tendency.

Stop looking in the packs you spoilering bunch  ;D

NEVER!!!  :P

Well trade with food is also more of an issue in the matter of decay. To discourage some old practices of food storage (banks, merchants, etc), they decay fast when placed on merchants. Course theres also being unable to merchant-sell containers with liquids.

A player has to be online to trade in food and drink.

I don't think highly perishable foods would help trade. Travel and such takes a while in Wurm, being online at the same time as your client might also take more time due to timezone differences, forcing you to be online when you normally aren't. So that's some time lost there for the food item (causing it to spoil a bit before you even receive it), but worst is that you can't buy all that much of it since if you buy it in bulk then it would spoil before you could use it all.

So then you'd get trade in small volumes for low cost items, which often isn't worth the time. Unless of course you live next door to each other, so I guess it's not totally true that it wouldn't help trade, it would help trade but only short distance trade between people who are often online at the same time.

On the other hand making it low decay food would make trading it worth it since you could buy the low cost food items in bulk. People who'd make their own food wouldn't trade in either case because cooking it is going to take less effort than arranging for the trade every time. So the only people who'd really hoard it are those who cook their own food in the first place and wouldn't be buying it if it was very perishable, they'd just cook it a bit more often in smaller volumes. The people who buy it in big volumes use those up and then buy it again, there'd be no point to buying it to start with otherwise, so they aren't the hoarders.

So wouldn't making it low decay overall be better for trade than making it high decay?

omg its food, who cares about the market. 

Fried rice with egg

Nasi Goreng (rice, onion, garlic and any vegetable and/or meat)

I am loving the recipes being mentioned.

But I am begging that if additionally recipes are added, then force us to use some ingame items that are fairly ignored.

For example:

The rice pudding WITH milk...

Fried rice WITH egg....

Rolf, if you want a more in-depth cooking system in Wurm, all of these suggestions being mentioned here (especially Axeblade's) are great for doing just that! ;D

Bump!

Lol, no need to look into the packs for spoilers, it has been on test for quite a while now.

It is farmed like other grains and vegetables, but only on dirt tiles that are under water, shallow water probably.

Bwt, same goes for reed (Papyrus)