Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fyrehand

Enchants Wearing Off

I recently bought some tools, and I noticed that the enchantment on them has dropped by 1 so far. There is only 2 damage on them, so whats the deal?

enchants fade with time. some say linked to repair, but i've found no correlation other than time so far

They don't fade with time, they fade with use. So CoC will degrade by a point every x actions, where x is a fairly big number :)

I actually beleive they fade with time at the rate of 1 point per month as that seems to be happening on all my tools

I actually beleive they fade with time at the rate of 1 point per month as that seems to be happening on all my tools

That's far greater than the decay of my enchanted LW tools. I think two of them has lost one point each since I bought them several months ago.

Maybe QL and power has something to do with it?

I bought a 99coc 98woa pickaxe months ago, imp'd it ot 50ql and the 99coc hasn't worn off ever but the woa decayed to 96 and has stayed like it for a while.

I bought a 99coc 98woa pickaxe months ago, imp'd it ot 50ql and the 99coc hasn't worn off ever but the woa decayed to 96 and has stayed like it for a while.

Bummer, guess it's useless then. I'd be glad to take it off your hands for ya  :D

I know of people that has had 80-90 coc, which is now down to 50, so its definately not 1 per month.

I know of people that has had 80-90 coc, which is now down to 50, so its definately not 1 per month.

That's rather extreme. Never seen that (luckily)...

That's rather extreme. Never seen that (luckily)...

I had a shovel with 50CoC that disappeared within a month.

I've only had enchantment decay on one item, my enchanted pickaxe. But strangely enough, it's 92 WoA turned into 91 WoA and it's 62 CoC turned into 63 CoC, unless I wrote it down on my pickaxe wrong.

You wrote it down on your pickaxe wrong.

Enchants do wear off slowly, although it seems slightly random. Probably related to total damage taken.

Lower power decay faster, just like lower ql items.

I had an 18 woa shovel which decayed in about 5-6 days of digging.

Lower power decay faster, just like lower ql items.

I had an 18 woa shovel which decayed in about 5-6 days of digging.

Wonder if the same applies to QL? The lower QL, the faster the enchant decay?

My LW tools, 80QL 80/80 has been around for months and they have lost less than one point each. LW tools take less damage per use than shovels and pickaxes, could this be an explanation?

same. for example after half a year my old enchanted saw gone -4coc/-3woa and it havent been used by that time. so the only thing that counts is time

Spell effects on items now slowly dissipates with use. The enchantment dissipates faster the lower the power of the effect.

Well, I suppose it decays over time as well then  ;)

I had a shovel from Uzetaab many months ago, i didn't use it once for about 3 months, it stayed the same powers of CoC/WoA, After a month of using it, the powers started to decay :P

This is still ridiculous and unnecessary.

Rofl, I didn't notice how old this thread was.  I saw an Awesomefusion reply and got excited.

I don't know if I'd call it "unnecessary" I think it has some logic to it.  You use it up, it wears down on the spell casting.  You recast on it from time to time.  I guess I don't think it's that big of a deal.  It's easy to live with.

Mine have only worn with use, I have never noticed it just dropping with time as I have several tools that have been enchanted for many months now and havent been used that still have the exact enchant I cast/labled it with. I do think they wear far too quickly especially the Woa. Wore my 98Woa  shovel down to nothing fairly quickly from use. It still has some COC left on it.

I guess to be fair that its only some tools that wear the enchants quicker than others(ive been kinda watching that since Othob clued me into that). I use my hammer BS as much as I use my shovel but the hammer holds the enchants way way better. Chisels,Picks, wear fast also. Coc usually wears slow compared to Woa but I have noticed Fishing Rods seem to suck the Coc off very fast.

I bought a 99 woa 97coc shovel from duce when i started so long ago, its decayed in QL a bunch of times and been reimed and still holds the original enchants... who wants it?

My CoC seems to get eaten up only when I actually gain a lot of skill. My Carp tools were loosing thier enchants slowly until I started getting serious about fletching (which also gives huge carp gains too). After gaining about 20 points of skill in Fletching the tools had lost quite a bit of enchants. I'd guess it is weighted somehow by the relationship between the cast and the task difficulty.

My WoA seems to just burn by use. Tools that you use nearly constantly when employed (saw, pick, shovel) seem to burn up WoA much faster than those that you use on and off (like a crafting tool set or a pelt).

Amount use time and actions wear down the cast. may be something to the damage thing but I think its more about time/action.

Higher casts last longer.

Also some items the spells wear off of faster.

Makes sense. Otherwise the market for enchants would eventually dry out. Tools wear off, why not enchants.

Best way to keep enchantment / DMG low

CoC Iron, pelt etc

1)Bank

Second best thing is keep them in inventory.

Worst case

As long you do not drop them to "bulk storage bin" when did mean to drop CoC iron to forge in this morning.