Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Incentive to raid

I honestly have no issues with the current speed of the crafting system in Wurm. The only thing that I think could use some readjusting is the enchanting difficulty, once again. If high powered WoA was more abundant, it'd be even easier to imp all of your stuff. Part of the game when playing Wurm is that you have to get involved with some sort of community if you ever want to get anywhere in Wild. Make some friends, get people to improve your stuff and you can improve their stuff in return. Time after time I am requested to improve a set of Drake or Scale and I gladly accept, and I appreciate whenever someone improves lets say, a few shields or weapons for me in return. For me, improving a set of armour to 90QL doesn't take as long as people are making it out to be. I only have 94.5 Leather-Working, which isn't the best by a longshot compared to others, but I can confidently improve a piece of armour to 92-94QL in about an hour if I am imping it from 80QL. If it's a fresh piece, give me 2 hours and I have it done.

If the full loot system was implemented, yes sure it'd be the worst day ever if you lost your precious 95QL set of armour that took 10 hours to make, but you can just as well very easily get that same set of armour back from the same exact person who killed you if you manage to kill them.

No matter what happens, tbh, there's really no REAL way to encourage PvP. PvP happens at the will of the people who play the game. If someone gets bored, they will go out and try and cause hell, therefore inducing PvP, which often ends up in gatehopping fests. The real concern to me, is this. Gatehouses and Minedoors NEEEEEDDD to be fixed. Without fixing them, PvP will continue to stay as crappy as it is today.

Indeed this is one of the problems but your aproach is not a correct one. Making the overall creation process of PvP gear easyer is not the soluton for the reason state above again and again and again.

There are three solution to this:

1. Cap armor at 70Ql, after wich it gives no more aditional damage reduction.

2. Revert to the old system where no matter the quality the type of armor alwais had the same damage reduction but higher Ql meant higher glance rate.

3. Make the difference between 50QL gear and a 80QL gear smaller, so it might not be worth the effort but you can still do it for a slight advantage, (this could be an effect of solution Nr.2)

-1 I would rather go with Othobs 70 rule.

Gear, enchants, and full loot prevent a lot of pvp as Tony pointed out it requires a lot of play time and several skilled players granted they must be playing to produce a new set for someone to run around in. Then we have the massive skill sets required to participate in pvp which is not bad but they do take a new player a good 6 months to reach a viable pvp level.

-1 still to the off deed gate houses. I have off deed gate houses that will never be used for pvp and to have those entry points in to a off deed area completely open and accessible by all defeats the purpose of why I have them which is to keep those I don't want in out.

What do you call viable PvP level? 6 months is a ridiculous time to, let's say survive enough to contribute towards your side.

You need as follows:

1) shield skill

2) weapon skill

3) fight skill

4) sub fight skill

5) high alignment

6) body strength for damage

7) body stamina

8) body control

9) mind speed

All of this along with gear and enchants on that gear plus horse gear with enchants. It's a lot of stuff but all possible to achieve with time invested in a short period of time but when you lose all that gear it does take at some times weeks to replace. The skill required I have seen people get in short order but are discouraged when they lose all gear and have to wait days sometimes weeks to get back out and enjoy the pvp they want. I could make spare armor and swords but we all get burned out doing the same thing over and over. The gear that I stock pile will get used quickly as well.

thne the enemy must be thriving, each one of them wearing 2 sets at a time even. As i see it, the side that loses people all the time, withut ever killing an enemy is disadvantaged by this.

1) shield skill  (50 min i recommend 70)

2) weapon skill (50 min i recommend 70)

3) fight skill (50 min i recommend 70)

4) sub fight skill (50 min i recommend 70)

5) high alignment (100)

6) body strength for damage (30 min i recommend  40)

7) body stamina (30 min i recommend 35)

8) body control (30 min i recommend as much as possible)

9) mind speed (25 min but higher helps with specials)

some numbers i hope these help

these a min pvp requirements as you gotta think here are people out there with 60 body strength 90 large metal shield 95 long sword ect.

to reduce the requirements work with a group numbers beat skill. gank is the way forwards. but obviously skill and tactics beat all.

-1 I would rather go with Othobs 70 rule.

Rolf's from inspiration by PTO. My only contribution was to provide a curved equation to replace the original break-point line.

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=40403.0

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=40501.0

I think this is one of those massive game changing improvements that was blocked by the player base because they did not understand it and a few elites felt understandably threatened by it. I know my little armor crafting business on Freedom (pays for my deeds, subscription and my steam and sushi budget) would be pretty much negated by it, but I think it is better for the game.

It would pretty much do everything that people that want easier enchants and easier imping want, just in a different way without borking the entire casting and crafting system.

While you can think some don't PvP because they might lose all their stuff, think some PvP because they might be able to gain others stuff. Loot is just as much a reason to PvP as a deterrant.

In regards to skills, I think people seriously overestimate how much they need to PvP - I've been fighting on a account with terrible skills compared to most active PvPer's, wearing 70-80QL chain and have yet to die - yet to come close to dying, and do more or less the same damage I did on my character with crazy skills - as I've always said, 70fs and 50 weapon is all you need to throw hits as good as anyone - all higher determines is how well you block, which is totally irreverent if you are not the one being attacked.

Just don't expect to be able to fight up the front with the big guys on foot in chain unless you have exceptional skills and know how to use them.

That nimbleness/woa small maul helps you alot too. You getthe added benefit of woa and the extra crit chances so you hit more crits and faster, so dont let it go to far to your head gavin.

I haven't used that maul in a long time, look in your logs, I was using RT yesterday.

why not make certain shrines that give bonuses to the kingdom that controls it?

like relics in daoc

Like many many(so you cant fortify all of them) and you have to pay like certain amounts of money to "control" it and then of course you can drain it to switch control.

then we only need something against all those high FS guys with the ubergear! ^^

Because 99% of the time every bonus you add is one more thing a new player has to compete with.

The less bonuses and special abilities the better, imo.

That nimbleness/woa small maul helps you alot too. You getthe added benefit of woa and the extra crit chances so you hit more crits and faster, so dont let it go to far to your head gavin.

Because 99% of the time every bonus you add is one more thing a new player has to compete with.

The less bonuses and special abilities the better, imo.

err faction based so new players get those bonuses aswell !

and then u could even tweak, like smaller factions get more bonus per relic, certanly better then to just give the bonus to deeds with lots of money ...

Djuk, how would you like this one? Take away all bonuses! ? Iam for it.

My body stats suck.

I don't have very special skills either.

I'm a priest, in another thread you said long time priests are bad in pvp.

How do you explain that I do just fine in pvp?

My body stats suck.

Djuk, how would you like this one? Take away all bonuses! ? Iam for it.

My body stats suck.

No offense but you are weak in pvp, without your champ croc you go down near immediately on the rare occasions you actually put yourself out there.

My body stats suck.

No offense but you are weak in pvp, without your champ croc you go down near immediately on the rare occasions you actually put yourself out there.

Lets compare kill lists.

KDR sounds better. :)