Sign in to follow this  
Threads

Remove CA Ignore Immunity

Today I realized you can't ignore CA's and I think you can guess how. Obviously I'm not an idiot, authorized volunteers such as GMs need to be able to talk to people to do their job, but IMO... CAs dont. I know a lot of CAs prefer PMing people that are disrupting chat before they mute them, but in reality mutewarns show up in the event log, not to mention the "reason" part to a mute that also shows in the event log.

I've been muted myself a few times without any PMs, and I don't feel like I've been treated wrong or hurt, a reason is given, and I go on about my business without messing around in kchat for an hour.

Some people might think it's a bad idea to mute a CA, because then you definitely won't get a PM before you are muted, so give us a warning then? Instead of "[20:13:31] You may not ignore <CA>" give us something like "Warning: You're attempting to ignore a CA, are you sure you want to go through with this?" And then the next time you type /ignore <CA> you ignore the person in question.

Obviously you are shooting yourself in the foot by doing this, but ignoring someone is often a sacrifice, you might miss out on any deals the player in question is offering, or other conversational material you are actually interested in, but the ignore function has always been about giving the player a means to altering their own incoming chat, and if it doesn't disrupt anyone else in any way, I don't see any reason to nullify it.

If you have an issue with any CA or GM you may always contact Oracle for review of the situation.