Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

Weaponspeed and how it affects taming. (unintended?)

i dont do taming really atm but out hunting i have noticed the animals turbo attk now and before i would come close to dying from tiny cuts/bites :) now today i fought a young scorp *do all the time and walk away around 90% health* and it had no conditions just a normal young scorp and it kicked my ass!!! within sec i had 2 med wounds which i NEVER get in my 80ql studded leather. and before i killed it, it brought me down to 20% roughly of my health!!! wtf are u devs feeding the animals? that is insane dif on outcome in a battle. i cant imagine trying to STAND there and not fight back trying to give the dam thing a piece of meat lol. props to any tamers out there atm cause the animals are all on steroids! FACT!!!

Testing condition:

Armor: full chain armor, ql 70-75

Shield: Large metal shield, ql 34, skill 38

Fight stance: Defensive

Tame skill: 50.18

Tame food: porridge, ql 90.93

Tamed animal: Mature fat fierce crocodile

Average tame time: 6-8 seconds

Test 1: Success, Tame action: 5, HP: 92%

Test 2: Success, Tame action: 2, HP: 97%

Test 3: Fail, ran out of stamina, Tame action: 8, HP: 93%

Test 4: Success, Tame action: 5, HP: 90%

Conclusion: I dont see any problem with taming as it is right now.

Damage check with an aged fat champion wildcat using the same gear:

Test duration: 1 minute 11 seconds

Total attacks: 19

Total successful attacks: 9

Total damage: 10.39%

Average damage per successful attack: 1.154%

Average damage per second: 0.146%

Conclusion: I dont really see anything unbalancing from this result, wildcats, even champs, are still wuss.

That is the most asinine test I have ever seen. For this to be properly gauged, you'd need to conduct a control test that DIDNT have this update.

yeah but it looks like he didn't die or OMGWTFIMONFREEDOMANDIHAVETOWORRYABOUTHEALTH?? so the problems in this thread might be a little overstated...

I have to agree in the sense that tweaks to Wurm are often not thought through far enough to end the side effects of a change on other systems. Eventually I think something will break or it will just have to revert back a few years in development >.<

+1

30 second charm spell

10 ql medium shield

80 ql chain armour

Venerable champion crocodile

Got it on the third shot - not a problem at all if you ask me.

You shouldnt be able to tame something that you cant kill, in regards to the brown bear taming and killing story.

If you want a shorter taming timer, get higher ql taming food.

You shouldnt be able to tame something that you cant kill, in regards to the brown bear taming and killing story.

Says who? Taming was worked just fine before it was messed up by yet another misaimed PVP change.

Says who? Taming was worked just fine before it was messed up by yet another misaimed PVP change.

Says me. Duh.

YES!!! make taming back to how it was before please. Even before, with my 50ql chain, taming a brown bear took me down to half health, now it kills me unless i back off between every attempt.

+1

If you can't fight it, you shouldn't be able to tame it.

And me too.  :o