Sign in to follow this  
coolecola

Animals keep vanishing in mines.

It seems that animals especially horses turn invisible if they are parked in a mine before a server restart.

I lost this year already 2 horses to this bug and never seen them back but I was still to see them in the animal list of the spell 'reveal creatures'.

Now I heard from other players that they also lost horses cause of horse hungry mines.

I have once found one of their horses back inside the mine after the horse given birth but the gear was gone.

Sometimes it also happens that you will get disembarked from your horse after you made contact with a cavewall. This does not happen with reinforced cavewalls.

I think players posted about these problems before but I think it is good to be aware of those animal eating mines.

Yup happened to a lot of people i know

yes it also happend to me some weeks ago when i logged out with my horse in a mine and the next day i could see it next to me but i went out of the mine and back in to get my horse but it was gone.

In my Mine deed, a neighbour who has access had his issue. I could see it fine. he could not. once I led it a tile he could see it.

Get someone else to examine for you.

The bug you described is when you hit into a wall, either the horse kicks you off and vanishes into the wall, or you disembark in the same situation. Relogging works, but it can be seen perfectly fine by another person.

The bug you described is when you hit into a wall, either the horse kicks you off and vanishes into the wall, or you disembark in the same situation. Relogging works, but it can be seen perfectly fine by another person.

Indeed Redd, that is the second bug I tried to describe but the first bug about horses vanish on server restarts I seen no solution for yet.

wurm201106031717.jpg

This is an example of the 2nd bug, this one is not fatal for the horse, you get kicked off the horse and the horse gets stuck in the wall like here but you can easily lead it out.

can happen to boats too, the "rumored" stealth bug is related to this, ive had my alt on a horse riding by with my other char looking at the time he was completely invisible with horse, inside  a mine. no idea how to duplicate but think its a lag issue with mine doors (many bugs with those dont get me started) and i know a few jk know i complained about the horse issue enough:P. ive also lead horses into mines then come out,  i look around 5 minutes later, cant see my horse, go back in mine, out again , poof thers my horse still being lead again. rendering issue?

Just lost my horse with all my horse gear after that restart today >.>

it really is aggravating :(

(Had to ninja log out in a mine for server restart)

A long walk home now

EDIT: Enki helped me find it, it was at the very bottom of a dropshaft