Sign in to follow this  
Scribbles

Allow domination of (Lava) Spiders

Pretty much every animal can be tamed or charmed, but when it comes to domination of monsters, Huge Spiders and Lava Spiders seem to be immune for no apparent reason.

This has always irked me, as it seemed rather random for dominate not to work on them. I mean, it works on Scorpions, so why not Spiders? Domination of Lava Spiders could be especially useful.

Spiders and lava spiders will not agro a sufficiently high faith/favor Fo priest.  Scorpions and other dominatable monsters will.  So there's some difference intended between spiders and scorpions.

I think it's fine as it is.

Id like to be able to charm them, since they act as animals. (not agro to high faith fo) Which also makes me wonder why we cannot charm boars or dominate gorillas.

I assumed boars, anacondas, and gorillas were untameable/undominatable because they were holy animals.

I assumed boars, anacondas, and gorillas were untameable/undominatable because they were holy animals.

go BL if you want them ;)

These two quotes combined Show why i think i is so silly :P

You know, you guys don't NEED every creature to be pets. Really.

You know, you guys don't NEED every creature to be pets. Really.

Yes, Breeding is on the front page. Using mythical creatures as pets and light houses is not.

Its silly you can tame, or in anyway control some of the most dangerous creatures in the game. I prefer keeping the danger in the game personally, this means not seeing a burning spider caged every 2 deeds :)

I am free to speak my mind, as a developer or not. You are free to disagree with my opinions all you want.

I'm sitting here with a genuine wtf?? feeling towards the totally unwarranted reactions to Mr B.

If you must attack people who don't share your opinion (not the maturest of reactions, but such is the interweb and it's hard men), attack ME then, I'm the one suggesting to nerve taming for just about everything except cattle  ;D

EDIT: some parts of the discussion seem to have been removed, so not all of this post makes sense anymore :D

Anyway, Dominate is a signature ability of Magranon Priests. When someone on the development team says that having high level pets is wrong, then he's not just being stupid, he's being asinine. It's like saying high quality gear is unintended, because it makes newbies feel insignificant.

Back on topic, Spiders and Lava Spiders should be able to be Dominated. Right now, the list of creatures susceptible to domination is very small. Lava Spiders are creatures designed by Magranon, so it would make sense he is able to control those.

I'm sitting here with a genuine wtf?? feeling towards the totally unwarranted reactions to Mr B.

If you must attack people who don't share your opinion (not the maturest of reactions, but such is the interweb and it's hard men), attack ME then, I'm the one suggesting to nerve taming for just about everything except cattle  ;D

Don't be ridiculous, re-read my post and notice how in the last line it says that it isnt just about this thread. It's a general feeling I know a lot of people share with me. I also replied to what I think about the OP. It's not about someone's opinion, sure I disagree with it, I also said everyone is entitled to theirs. I'm just saying giving your opinion in a fashion that almost can be seen as trolling makes the whole staff look bad.

(such as MrB's post in this case, he couldve just posted a -1 and explain why, instead of taking a snarl towards the people who like to collect creatures.)

That is all. +1 to the OP. I hope spiders to be charmable (as they are not agresive to Fo priests, and as such are seen as animals) And lava spiders to be dominatable (they're lava creatures, and belong to magranon)  I also hope to see that priests of a set religion can make their gods animal theirs by casting a certain spell on it. Bless would work well for this, in example.

Well in some cases the manner and conduct in which you agree or disagree with another can be interpreted as trolling.

<Art Developer>

as a staffmember you should show restraint towards argueing with the community, rather look into the community what the people of the game would like.

in the end, its the people who play wurm who make it possible for rolf. this isnt some big mmo that can just loose a thousand subscribers.

also why are you fighting the things rolf implemented, in the suggestions forum... while you are staff?

You are absolutely right. I should not engage the player base in discussion in a game I actively help develop the art, Tech and systems for. Clearly, I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

I shall fix my ways.

::)

Lava Spiders are creatures designed by Magranon, so it would make sense he is able to control those.

Just curious - where do you get that from, that Magnaron designed lava spider?

Lava Spiders are creatures designed by Magranon, so it would make sense he is able to control those.

Just curious - where do you get that from, that Magnaron designed lava spider?

Ah, in the puppet shows, one of the gods asks magranon about the lava creatures he designed.