Sign in to follow this  
Gibraltar

Trees

Many have agreed on adding tropical foliage such as Palm Trees, and Banana Trees. With visible growing fruit that may be for visual effect, or better utilized as a harvest item.

Not to mention cacti and the like.

+1 for cacti, with cactus fruit that can be harvested and either eaten or fruit pressed into cactus juice, that gives water and a small amount of food.

Because adding them on the run to a existing server it would make forrests look really stupid.

And visible fruits? If only we even had those on our current treesĀ  :P

Perhaps only growing on sand? I don't know but i don't see reason adding them either.

+1 for tree's growing on sand.

Sand is currently barren, a few cactus's of the like or other things would make it look a little better. The desert isn't really a desert, there are tree's ya know :D

Because adding them on the run to a existing server it would make forrests look really stupid.

And visible fruits? If only we even had those on our current treesĀ  :P

Perhaps only growing on sand? I don't know but i don't see reason adding them either.

I think these issues could be easily addressed.

Perhaps the Palm Trees would need to be within X tiles from Water of X depth.

Perhaps Cacti would only grow on sand and must have X Sand tiles in the surrounding area. Other things could be grown near them, but another Cacti would need to be X tiles away.

Banana trees... Could be allowed on dirt or sand, but face a similar restriction to Cacti unless hand planted?

Just some examples of ways that issues could be addressed. Not necessarily recommendations.

+1 to Palm trees

+1 to limited amounts of Cacti in the desert