Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

Fo armor enchant

I've been looking at the spells a bit, been casting a lot of AOSP on my chain lately :)

and i've come to notice that Fo doesnt have any armor enchants, so i thought of a nice one i'd like to share with you all.

Name: Aura of Natural HealingĀ  (or whatever, fits sorta with Aura of Shared Pain)

It would be availabe to Fo only, mag and vyn already have AoSP

Im thinking similar casting requirements to AoSP or something like that.

It will be cast on Armor pieces, and it will act as a permanent Healing cover (treated) effect on all the wounds that are done to the body part that you have the armor on.

I'm thinking it would work so that the Potency of the effect would be a potency of the cast divided by 4.

so a 100 cast would equal a 25 potency healing cover

and 50 cast = 12.5

20 cast = 5 pot etc.

It'll saved people a ton of time to scavenge for healing covers or backpack space carrying healing covers if they wear armor enchanted with this.

And it will give Fo priests a little something to do with armor.

Also i dont think it will be too powerful in pvp, because healing ticks are relatively far apart., im not sure most pvp'ers rely on dmg/healing ticks to kill their opponents.

What do you think of this enchant?

-1 Sounds a bit OP and don't we have enough enchants and do-hickeys already.

+0

+1, as it sounds like a good idea, with regards to current enchants

-1 as it's another enchantment that could be a must have.

However, it seems well suited to PvE

yeah my main thoughts were for PvE applications..

it fills well into Fo's arsenal of healing spells. imo.

If you should either have AoSP or AoNH on a pice of armor.Ā  I also think that its far too powerfull, Most people using it would have the effect of a +10 Healing Cover.Ā 

Maybe make it so 100Ā  cast = 12 potency

I wouldnt mind seeing fo get some more spells.

+1

Little too strong as it sort of negates RT (but I guess thats not a big deal since LT negates AoSP....)

I dont see an inherent problem with it other than that, since priests can apply healing covers on their own this doesnt seem to imbalance anything.Ā 

Would make hunting alot easierĀ  :)

Sounds OP, if then enchant/8 so you would still need to sort your bigger wounds out but have more time to do so, and need lower HC potencies if it stacks with covers, but imho i don't see this working out well beside for bardings,Ā  ...

Maybe allow it to negotiate RT / Venom on wounds. So still FA and FB wound, and the additional damage rt does, and still get wounds from poison weapons, But they turn into generic wound.

So if I get hit with an rt sword with a special fo armour, itll be a normal cut instead of an infected one.

It's not really that strong at all, you still gonna have to wait 10 minutes for the healing tick. In actual combat it'll be weaker then aosp and web armour. However, after the combat it'll just make wounds heal easier.

+1

-1 we have too much as is, we don't need another new requirement for pvp.Ā  Tooth and gland Healing covers are very, very easy to obtain and make, and more than you'll mostly need.Ā  I always have 40 on me since I'm always overloaded with teeth and glands.

just a few simple things so it wont make it OP.

- When you get hit, with a piece of enchanted armour that wound will in effect have a HC applied to it. (say it has 80 aonh, the wound will read the same message that a 20 pot HC would read.

- Putting the armour on after you get the wound won't do anything.

- Can't stack with other armour enchants.

It really would be just a nice feature that would be far from game breaking lol

-1 we have too much as is, we don't need another new requirement for pvp. Ā Tooth and gland Healing covers are very, very easy to obtain and make, and more than you'll mostly need. Ā I always have 40 on me since I'm always overloaded with teeth and glands.

Personally, I don't see it as a requirement for PvP because A) AoSP is better, and B) If they are that easy to make, just bandage the wound and treat it.

Still a +1 from me.

Permanent HC on all wounds on the body part?

So someone gets a supreme in PvP and they may immediately get a healing tick. That could really imbalance things surely?

What quality HC or is that determined by the power of the enchant?

I like the basic idea but would expect something much more minimalistic in order not to mess up PvP and I'd probably expect them to require that the wearer be a follower of Fo or better.

Permanent HC on all wounds on the body part?

So someone gets a supreme in PvP and they may immediately get a healing tick. That could really imbalance things surely?

What quality HC or is that determined by the power of the enchant?

I like the basic idea but would expect something much more minimalistic in order not to mess up PvP and I'd probably expect them to require that the wearer be a follower of Fo or better.

Healing covers do not heal wounds after you put them on, they only heal whenever the next healing tick is. Remember, a supreme cover would likely be a 90+ cast, but getting that on all 9 pieces of armour will be quite difficult.

PvP wouldn't mess up more than it already is. Besides, AoSP will still be the better alternative because it deals wounds back to the person who hit you.