Sign in to follow this  
Zcul

Third person view

What do people think about being able to zoom out from your head and look at yourself in third person view?

Could this be useful?

People would use it to gain an advantage over first person people in PvP.

I'd like it, though.

People would use it to gain an advantage over first person people in PvP.

So can all other players, so theres no real advantage.

I'm sure the combat log would tell you that theres 2 guys attacking, and who just stands there in PvP anyway? I'm sure they're looking around.

Maybe something like 2-3 tiles back.

Then you get into questions like, will it be a freecam when your holding in the mouse button?

Don't let the 20 people that PvP ruin a possible feature for the rest.

They've done enough.

I'd like third person view, would make things more interesting. It would be especially nice if the characters can look different from one another and if you could see what kind of armor/clothing everybody (including yourself) is wearing.

i realy dont want to seee the pitiful animations of my character :(

I vote no.

+1 Would be usseful to have, but I think other things are more important at the moment (fighting, animations etc)

Keeping the first person perspective makes the game more real for me, being able to zoom out, pan around and scope the area is too much like runescape. It also means you lose the drama when being chased.

Instead I'd like the ability to "glance" either left or right, hit the appropriate key and its as if you turn your head without changing direction. That would be better and would be more in the spirit of wurm.

Leeping the first person perspective makes the game more real for me, being able to zoom out, pan around and scope the area is too much like runescape. It also means you lose the drama when being chased.

Instead I'd like the ability to "glance" either left or right, hit the appropriate key and its as if you turn your head without changing direction. That would be better and would be more in the spirit of wurm.

Leeping the first person perspective makes the game more real for me, being able to zoom out, pan around and scope the area is too much like runescape. It also means you lose the drama when being chased.

oh how I would love a glance key....

No, god please NOO  :-X

Third person view ruins the feeling for every game. Offering it as an alternative isnt an option either since people will just use it to gain advantages.

A realistic-ish game that wants to offer the players a world they can immerge in and get a real game feeling just doesnt go with a 3rd person "Hey Im sitting in my living room playing this game" view.

i dunno on this one, Dark Age of Camelot was 3rd person and RVR was a blast (till mythic screwed it up)  not too certain about 3rd for terraforming and such, but if changable, then no issue. as was said earlier, without proper animations and such, it is rather pointless atm, since this would really be the only reason to add it in.

Not until  models and animations are acceptable.

This, and I think it would ruin the immersion, would be more like playing Tomb Raider or something :(

Not until  models and animations are acceptable.

And there are other more important stuff to attend imo

Third person view ruins the feeling for every game. Offering it as an alternative isnt an option either since people will just use it to gain advantages.

Options for players = more players

Whether you use the options available or not is your own problem.

I have 4 friends that turned this game down, not because of the graphics, but because they couldn't see the JK females butt, I told them to look down, but they didn't feel it was good enough.

I have 4 friends that turned this game down, not because of the graphics, but because they couldn't see the JK females butt, I told them to look down, but they didn't feel it was good enough.

Yeah but this would be as bad as saying "Lets implement wallhacks, whether or not you use them is your problem"

This would ruin Wurms uniqueness. Nope, plus woulnd't it be laggier?

Yeah but this would be as bad as saying "Lets implement wallhacks, whether or not you use them is your problem"

That's a pretty wrong analogy on several levels I don't feel like explaining right now.

This would ruin Wurms uniqueness. Nope, plus woulnd't it be laggier?

id say +1 don't like it don't use it

come on guys you might say no now but once we have it and you have to go and just look over that wall or house to see if any particular item is there its nicer if you can do that from a save distance as in just standing there zooming out and just looking over it sure it might be darker due to shadows but he

atleast give it a try lets just get it added and then see who likes it and who don't

for the ones who don't they just don't have to use it it wont be a life saving advantage anyway it will just make it look more fun for ppl who like to have 3rd person view

a few friends of mine turned wurm down as well for the lack of 3rd person so do a lot of newbies these days

they like to be able to switch between first and 3rd when ever they want and when they cant it tends to bug them more then it does for the ppl who play it for ages

now i could go on about it but im sure i have made my point

Yes please, you have no idea how many new players were asking me about possible camera setups :P

id say +1 don't like it don't use it

come on guys you might say no now but once we have it and you have to go and just look over that wall or house to see if any particular item is there its nicer if you can do that from a save distance as in just standing there zooming out and just looking over it sure it might be darker due to shadows but he