Sign in to follow this  
Postes

artifact change

I know that thread got locked but I just wanted to say that I didn't care either way, but, a lot of us always complain about PvP being boring or stale.  I think that really comes from a lack of change in the Wild server.  Nothing really ever changes, we fight, we get a few kills, we die, and repeat.  There have been no winners nor losers, just battles.  Yeah, it's fun, but when you've played Wild for more than 2 years you feel that it becomes redundant.  

I understand JK worked really hard to get all the artifacts, and everyone had a fair chance especially MR because they had one right at Whosville.  I've always voted no to an artifact reset because they were earned, and it was up to JK if they wanted to use them.  But, maybe give this artifact timer and even message a shot.  Wouldn't it be kind of fun to have to gather like 20 people up to charge them, and then wonder, "Ohh man, is anyone going to come?"  To me I think it'd be fun playing on either side like that.  The risk of it all is what makes it so fun, going into enemy lands perhaps outnumbered or into a trap.

I understand the changes seem bias or unfair to others, but they happen anyway-- at least now maybe something will change and excite Wild more than just ganksquads.  To be fair you know if you charge these at like 4am, when 20 people are online that no one is going to come stop you.  Lol.  I dunno, just my two cents.

It's nice to see that there's people looking on both sides.

Not just reasoning from their own selfish position, and only wanting changes becuase of their own agenda.

It is a good change either way.

JK shouldn't fear it too much.

A 4 minute timer isn't that much. (Don't get me wrong, it's enough, I don't want it to be more)

There's at least the possibility now, to have a chance at fighting over them.

It's still on the owners of the artifacts when and with what force they go to recharge them.

It will most likely be at a time when the server population is rather low, but either way, even if the population was high, it takes more than 4 minutes to get for e.g. to the BL, even from the closest towns.

Not to mention that people have to gear up first, drop tools, etc. That alone takes time.

Some people even play on low settings and only turn them up for PvP, so they have to relog - more time gone.

Of course, we could set twigs to the Blacklight, though, we would twig there without having horses, while the opposing force would most likely have at least a few (depending if they came by boat or land). And the risk of twigging into a way too big force to even fight.

Conclusion:

The risk of losing an artifact has grown slightly, but is still acceptable.

Change for the good of the game imo.

It's nice to see that there's people looking on both sides.

Not just reasoning from their own selfish position, and only wanting changes becuase of their own agenda.

[me=Postes]stretches, "Soooo, we'll let you use the BL if you give us one artifact of our choice."[/me]

What will probably happen is they will only recharge the one or two good artifacts (The one that dominates and maybe the orb of doom), and just let the other ones rot. I just don't think they can justify sitting there and recharging all of these artifacts when so many of them are useless and terrible. Just my two cents.

Or you could strike a deal with Mol-rehan, and we let you use the White light to recharge your artifacts. Of course it would be on one condition, we get to choose and keep an artifact of our choice. And remember, the WL is much closer for you guys, far less dangerous trip for you.  ;)

Or you could strike a deal with Mol-rehan, and we let you use the White light to recharge your artifacts. Of course it would be on one condition, we get to choose and keep an artifact of our choice. And remember, the WL is much closer for you guys, far less dangerous trip for you.  ;)

Hello,

Funny you should mention that friend, the timer and message was introduced and endorsed by Xallo, AFTER Rolf made it so that artifacts reset. There was too be 3 weeks time before they were cast into the ground again. The timer and message were endorsed by Xallo when the artifacts were going to be reset and out of JK hands momentarily. However speaking of agendas, this change did not last a week before JK got to Rolf and the "reset" update was undone. I find it funny some continue to take shots at me for "having an agenda" and "pushing my cause" etc. It seems others had the agenda, thus the magical changing of Rolfs mind about artifacts not being reset after a time which was the original update. Funny how when they were going to be reset periodically and possibly out of JK hands, some people petitioned for a timer and message, Xallo going as far as to suggest a 10 minute timer!

Fast forward to today. Now that the artifacts are not going to be reset and will remain in JK hands the timer and message is deemed ridiculous by the holders of the artifacts, and its Tonygreen pushing an agenda. The hypocrisy is laughable.

-Touche

i stopped reading after you mentioned xallo and it became clear to me you are just going to end up derailing the topic.

just stop.

-PTO

Hello,

Funny you should mention that friend, the timer and message was introduced and endorsed by Xallo, AFTER Rolf made it so that artifacts reset. There was too be 3 weeks time before they were cast into the ground again. The timer and message were endorsed by Xallo when the artifacts were going to be reset and out of JK hands momentarily. However speaking of agendas, this change did not last a week before JK got to Rolf and the "reset" update was undone. I find it funny some continue to take shots at me for "having an agenda" and "pushing my cause" etc. It seems others had the agenda, thus the magical changing of Rolfs mind about artifacts not being reset after a time which was the original update. Funny how when they were going to be reset periodically and possibly out of JK hands, some people petitioned for a timer and message, Xallo going as far as to suggest a 10 minute timer!

Fast forward to today. Now that the artifacts are not going to be reset and will remain in JK hands the timer and message is deemed ridiculous by the holders of the artifacts, and its Tonygreen pushing an agenda. The hypocrisy is laughable.

-Touche

Don't really know who Touche is, but truth is that Tonygreen has a history and pattern of complaining to Rolf for changes in game when things are too hard.  This is one of them.  The truth is you could of gotten an artifact easily without any warning message, but Tony choose complain over it instead to make it even easier.  Wurm is more fun with challenges.  

I fully supported the artifact change ( Did not go far enough for me though :) ) and the announcement. Feel free to blame me, I hear its a sport!

I fully supported the artifact change ( Did not go far enough for me though :) ) and the announcement. Feel free to blame me, I hear its a sport!

Well no offense; but you're an art developer, you shouldn't really make endorsements for game changes when you don't even play Wild.  Not that I think you had a big say in the change at all though, but it's like a blind man shooting a gun at a shooting range.  There's suggestions & ideas subforum for a reason.  

I realize some people get mad over updates but honestly the forums isnt the place to take out your anger. Trolling everyone else who does not agree with you do nothing positive. Also a 4 minute timer and a message is a joke. It would take longer than 4 minutes for anyone at pizza to grab gear and ride to the wl in time to interfere or kill those recharging the artifacts. So with that said there is no point in trolling each other over this recent change. If anything the most useful thing it does is allow other kingdoms to know which artifacts have yet to be charged.

mrblood you dont play on wild, if you did and really knew wurm.. MYCELIUM WOULD LOOK BETTER!

ty

mrblood you dont play on wild, if you did and really knew wurm.. MYCELIUM WOULD LOOK BETTER!

ty

I may just surprise you one day.

Well this got a bit off-topic, anyway my point is maybe this will bring some new fun and change to server other than suggestions for a map reset, or a full reset.

Also a 4 minute timer and a message is a joke. It would take longer than 4 minutes for anyone at pizza to grab gear and ride to the wl in time to interfere or kill those recharging the artifacts.

is this true for people? i can usually go from crafting or casting into pvp mode in like 30 seconds... then its just grab a horse or my twig and get there which the trip from Pizza mine to WL is a couple minutes, its still a warning and now that you cant twig out of an altar influence it may make some interesting fights for the charged artie

Well this got a bit off-topic, anyway my point is maybe this will bring some new fun and change to server other than suggestions for a map reset, or a full reset.

But can I still have a knarr?

Yes, bring the Orb of Doom with you, but we're also willing to settle for the Finger of Fo. 

JK has already given us the finger.

But can I still have a knarr?

Yes, bring the Orb of Doom with you, but we're also willing to settle for the Finger of Fo. 

I can give you the finger and I'm Fo, is this what you mean :)

Ooooo, fightin' words!

thread reopened.  Keep on topic.

However much i think this is unfair on the members who got the artifacts - investing many hourse of work, gems etc etc. Yes, maybe other kingdoms should have put in more effort for the things they want rather then just whine about it afterwards. However, i think this change could be for the better. I say could because it still not enough to even have a chance - However coming back to the people with the artifact's side - If you made it harder then it would be more chance then to loose them - Again unfair(?)

This is my two cents. But I think its a big circle; You please one side and you annoy the other.