Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Creature deed protection

We can have good hunting and danger (which is great) without needlessly  people off when they just want to work away on their deed.

The aggro cap is fine IMHO, bashing *into* deeded enclosures by animals isn't. Movement looks good too, if lag related (if they are related at all) issues can be solved.

I forgot to add - tone down aggro speed down a bit. It is too damn hard to run away from an aggro now.

I forgot to add - tone down aggro speed down a bit. It is too damn hard to run away from an aggro now.

has aggro speed even changed?

Animals were never hindered by steep slopes. Mountain nor moat, they skip across it with the same speed. Besides, i have not noticed any difference in speeds. I can still outrun mobs on flat ground, i only get in trouble with spiders or trolls if i am either hurting or running up slopes, not roads.

yeah, mobs never changed speed depending on slopes, that's why whatever you do, don't go uphill when running from one. On the other hand going downhill makes it easy to escape, often even being worth the risk of running straight past the aggro if you can run quite a distance downhill.

oh, I had that! one aged greenish troll ran the whole time after me into my deed! and a mature champ troll killed my guards without any problems.  :-\

i find that they are very aggro and very fast now. to run away from them isnt easy anymore.....especially if you have armory on.

one other thing I could watch too! my horses were scaredy-cats as they saw an adolescent slow scorpion which wanted to destroy my fence from the off-deed-side. they all hung on a pile for a few hours. what a pity that i didnt made a screen from it.....

so, i find that these changes needs a correcture.

and that with the horse-breeding: hmmm....that isnt easy to handle..... me (for example!) like horses with nice names. i have alot now and the problem to kill them, too    ::)

..... so i let them die....

a few month ago i had an idea in my brain: that there is a pool with named horses on freedom which you can catch in the wilderness. if you have luck you get one with good traits. if not then use the genesis-skill or kill it so that there can come another one.

greetings chikiza

btw.....i dont like the new changes from the aggro beasts  -.-    bashing the fence down invites griefer to kill your horses if you have no guards there. or by the speed which the horses have now....they would run out off deed and everybody can kill them.....

We note in passing, we had these changes before. And nobody wanted to have this ..... why is it back now?

Its quite funny that the whole reason we have wall bashing mobs is so uniques are less likly get penned. Well that's what started this garbage anyway. With these changes in place do we actually have any uniques running around?  I don't think we will because players are willing to put the effort into keeping uniques penned up but not trolls or lava fiends. What we have now is players who where not part of the penning argument in the first place are getting penalized. So the complaining hunters don't have uniques to fight, third party players with no penned animals are getting sieged by wall bashing mobs (penalizing non-affiliated parties), unique penning players (who caused this whole problem) still have their penned pets. oh, I don't care if players pen up unique, I actually like it. I'm very offended by the idea of trolls bashing into my deed and causing trouble.

When are the dev's going to get it? When you make changes, need to ask yourself if PvE deeds will be threatened, if yes, then don't do it!

Adding to what joe said, it wasn't about hunting the uniques in the first place.

They did not want to fight it, they wanted dragon scales... If they wanted to fight the uniques, they would be chasing the troll king now, who is the greatest threat on Independence now.

Adding to what joe said, it wasn't about hunting the uniques in the first place.

They did not want to fight it, they wanted dragon scales... If they wanted to fight the uniques, they would be chasing the troll king now, who is the greatest threat on Independence now.

Does that also explain why most other uniques on the other 2 servers are dead now?

And indi is huge, i cba finding the troll king there, and actually going to kill it having to travel for it so much.. maybe we will if we get the red dragon as we have players over anyway, who knows.

I agree with Mirabella

give each premium account at least 4 guaranteed creature slots, so we can breed replacements in time.  Everyone should have a chance to bred an animal. 

how about making an extra database for "young" animals, seperated from mature ones and above? that means: horses can still give birth, but the young ones won't get any older until the cap is free again...

another thing I could imagine is: that breeded ones and wild horses should be handled seperately anyway....so those which are tamed and hold on a deed are not counting as "free non-aggros running around in the world" and so everyone could breed as many as they want and still wouldn't change anything to the overall "wild" population.

just in case: i Don't mean the "wild server" with "wild"....

I'm sure there are other solutions also....

Dunno why this got brought up again. The problem has been solved for several months. As best as I can tell for some inane reason Tritus necro'ed it and then people derailed it recently to talk about other, non-related changes that have been made recently.

Its quite funny that the whole reason we have wall bashing mobs is so uniques are less likly get penned. Well that's what started this garbage anyway. With these changes in place do we actually have any uniques running around?  I don't think we will because players are willing to put the effort into keeping uniques penned up but not trolls or lava fiends. What we have now is players who where not part of the penning argument in the first place are getting penalized. So the complaining hunters don't have uniques to fight, third party players with no penned animals are getting sieged by wall bashing mobs (penalizing non-affiliated parties), unique penning players (who caused this whole problem) still have their penned pets. oh, I don't care if players pen up unique, I actually like it. I'm very offended by the idea of trolls bashing into my deed and causing trouble.

When are the dev's going to get it? When you make changes, need to ask yourself if PvE deeds will be threatened, if yes, then don't do it!

Well I am on Indie and I like that mobs like trolls can bash fences.  Keeps things interesting and gives more of a true medieval feel.

Well I am on Indie and I like that mobs like trolls can bash fences.  Keeps things interesting and gives more of a true medieval feel.

Hate to break it on you, but there were no trolls that could bring down a stone wall in a few minutes in the Middle Ages.

This is a fantasy game where Monsters exist and must be dealt with.

Says who?

If you can put up a woven fence and be safe from the King of all Trolls it sorta cheapens the experience.

Reductio ad absurdum working fine for you?

If you enjoy the added experience of Trolls and the Troll King so much, how come you didn't go to fight him yet?

1. Because there were no trolls at all in the middle ages.  (only existed in fantasy worlds where they did siege towns)

2. if you want to grow and make stuff in a totally fight free enviroment may I suggest Farmville..    ::)

3. I been busy and he doesn't take my calls or rsvp my invites to come over.   :D

I agree (though it is totally offtopic) with what is said above. Merely becuase of some silly uniques (read; several gold worth of dragon armour) being penned up now suddenly trolls have to bash whatever they run into. People need to realise that they have to be carefull with what they wish for, becuase with a developer like Rolf; when something does get added, never expect it to get added like you want.