Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Creature deed protection

Rolf, could you add a way to check if an animal is already being "Cared for" by yourself? I know if someone else tries to "Care for" an animal that is already cared for, it won't give the option. But the wording in the menu doesn't change if you right-click an animal you have "Cared for" yourself. It still says "Care for", but choosing it again will actually result that you stop caring for that animal. Could you please either change the wording into "Stop caring for" or have an extra pop-up menu warning that you will now stop caring for < > and asking if that is really what you want? I know someone will make a mistake of clicking an animal twice and seeing it die before their eyes :D. Thanks!

Edit: there's a thread in suggestions http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=55547.0.

Not sure if this was meant to happen or if it's a bug, but from the first post, it's stated hitched animals won't die from old age.  I'd like to state that I've found this is not true at all after having one of my horses on a cart keel over.  Fat little sucker too.

This was also on the 25th when it happened.  Just thought I'd mention this in case it was a bug or I missed something about that post.

Limit how many non aggro animals can occupy a single tile. like 2 horses too a tile, so if peopel want to hoard 1000's of creatures they need 1000's of tiles, wich means 1000's of silver for deeding, else anyone can break and slay em.

Limit how many non aggro animals can occupy a single tile. like 2 horses too a tile, so if peopel want to hoard 1000's of creatures they need 1000's of tiles, wich means 1000's of silver for deeding, else anyone can break and slay em.

ohforf's sake stop spawning wild non-aggro animals if the cap is about to be reached.

Rolf, could you add a way to check if an animal is already being "Cared for" by yourself? I know if someone else tries to "Care for" an animal that is already cared for, it won't give the option. But the wording in the menu doesn't change if you right-click an animal you have "Cared for" yourself. It still says "Care for", but choosing it again will actually result that you stop caring for that animal. Could you please either change the wording into "Stop caring for" or have an extra pop-up menu warning that you will now stop caring for < > and asking if that is really what you want? I know someone will make a mistake of clicking an animal twice and seeing it die before their eyes :D. Thanks!

Edit: there's a thread in suggestions http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=55547.0.

I kind of agree with this. If there was some kind of psuedo-model collision, then it wont be as easy for piles of animals to end up in 2 tile pens or in the case of trapped mobs, in pits.

Does that mean my aggros will be gone as well on Wednesday?

But I am unable to protect my venerable champ croc with Care For, it is not an available option.

Need to tame it to care

actually the upkeep for 1089 deed tiles is 1s 79c... so the upkeep of 3 of those deeds is nearly the same cost as a single alt.

the original deed cost is merely 17s 98c.

So yea.... thats not gonna solve anything im afraid, its really cheap to do it.

and if the rules were altered into your views, then non-deed players could be griefed all the time... and it would be allowed.

Iow what you suggest is not really helping the situation.

offdeed is fair game already...

offdeed is fair game already...

Not on Freedom:

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=10.0

Animals and Livestock.

It is illegal to take,tame or kill any animals in an enclosure, or any animals on a deed that you are not part of.

Enclosure is defined as a completely enclosed area, composed of fences, gates or walls, and attached to or surrounding a completed intact house.

However, having a player banned for griefing by killing off-deed animals is little consolation to most players, so most who want to have a large time investment in animals are likely already on deeded lands.

We should wait to see what impact the Great Culling has on Wednesday, I'd still like to see regular animal care to prevent starvation and disease play a larger role. Not too draconic, just to take care of situations where players abandoned the game long ago and left behind large herds of untended animals. Or maybe have regular grooming add a minor life extension, much like repairing damage/decay on items. The person with only a few animals that they cherish and care for would benefit, the person who has far more than they can properly care for would be impacted most.

deed the edge of the fence, then bash the fence part thats on deed, then kill the animals as they wander out.

This new caring for thing is nice and all, but raising the AH to animal ratio a bit would be nice. This in adjusting the non-aggro/aggro ratio to 60:40 would fix all problems.

I know I probably am the only one, everyone else having fun just walking around killing animals non-stop, but I feel bored and annoyed that I have to conquer 20-30 animals every time I just take a 5 minute walk outside my house. Now I just tend to stay in my house and grind skills all day.

I feel bored and annoyed that I have to conquer 20-30 animals every time I just take a 5 minute walk outside my house.

It does get old, especially 500 wolves at once.

I dont know what the fuss is about.. this really only applys to Venerable creatures.. will do nothing for the hoarding of younger Mobs so in the end we will go full circle and the cap will be reached in 5 days or less.  Yet the dying of Venerables is long overdue and appreciated.  I await the mass dying and wait to see how it rolls out next week..

I have noticed a significant decrease in aggro mob spawns now that the cap has been reached.. even though there are a few more wandering about  we have reached a sort of balance...and are pretty much back to where we started..  Not enough are being killed...

I have noticed a significant decrease in aggro mob spawns now that the cap has been reached.. even though there are a few more wandering about  we have reached a sort of balance...and are pretty much back to where we started..  Not enough are being killed...

So glad I am not on Freedom anymore. What a horrible map with all the problems that created the need for this "fix".

Thanks Rolf, for listening to and activating this change for venerables. Now I can keep my 2 horses for pulling my cart, which is all I really need for my deed. I am sure there are many others that are happy with this protection for the same reson.

I agree that free accounts should get their first "care for" animal at 10 AH skill though.....

If this has already been discussed I apologize.

If someone steals one of the horses I've "cared for" how do I uncare for it without uncaring for all my horses with the /uncare command? If this is done after Wednesday won't it cause all my venerable horses to keel over?

Unless theres something I'm missing there HAS to be some way to uncare for just the one horse.

Reposting this here because rolf admitted he's not reading the suggestions often.

beware of inbreeding. It adds to negative traits as well but silently and doesn't count against the pool.

Inbreeding is mating with your father/mother or when you have the same mother or father. Basically if you only can find two horses you'll be ok in three generations. But it my be better to mate with your neighbours horses.

Wait, so you want us to keep MORE horses now? I thought the idea was to keep less of them?

I think you are grossly overestimating the animals needed to breed. I don't expect to have too much trouble mixing the 10 horses I am keeping (6F, 4M). Sure, occasionally you are going to have a male that can't really breed with any of your females since he's either brother, father or son to all of them. That's when you trade that male to someone else for an equivalent male, or just sell him. The same goes for any female that is a matron of the herd - sell her.

Well yeah, you can get around with 10 horses for breeding, even without trading if you plan ahead who you pair up.

But consider that you need to keep around growing horses (young foal => mature horse, 1+ month of waiting time).

If you are selling horses you'll have more of them around waiting, horses used as mounts, etc.

My point being is that if Rolf's goal is to decrease the amount of animals per player, then adding inbreeding and making longer for a horse to go from born to able to breed state is counterproductive.

If it's only mother-father (son-daughter) and brother-sister then breeding grandparent/grandchild should work okay? Which would alleviate the above a bit? Or am I seeing this wrong.

And indeed what happens when parents are dead, so the child has no visible parents listed anymore. Is there still a hidden message who the parents are? Or is culling the parents one way you can safely breed sister-brother? (If this is true, the reason Rolf implemented it could be to encourage culling this way? Not that this will happen very fast with good breeder-parents of course, but maybe somewhere down the line of age it could become a choice).

Hopefully this is the right place, but I have notice an accelerated rate of aging on my animals. I have a Horse that just hit Old today and was mature for only a few days, seems like he when from Ado to Old in less than a week, it's this intended? It's this part of the "fix", making animals age faster to "cull" them? if so, not a good move.