Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Suggestion: Genesis Shatters Animals

Much of Wurm is concerned with either terraforming, or grinding skills. Vynoran priests have been made very valuable due to two casts that assist with both of those tasks: Circle of Cunning, and Wind of Ages. Priests with low channeling skills are no doubt familiar with how difficult casting either of these spells can be. Even with decent skills, a casting failure will often result in a "shattering" failure, in which the item is damaged or completely destroyed.

In the past, the Bless skill worked the same way, for all religions. Unfortunately, this led to an exploit in which players would purposely fail to cast Bless on the guard towers on their enemies, thus destroying them. From this, it was made impossible to shatter an item when casting Bless. Clearly this was just a band-aid over Rolf's true intention to give every spell an element of difficulty.

I propose we start by restoring the failure rate of the Fo spell Genesis. This spell removes all negative traits from the animal on which it is cast. This spell makes perfect horses far too easy to produce. The Breeders must be stopped. I have already produced much of the necessary artwork.

Gw0Rk.gif

I knew you would see it my way. I think the artwork sells it.

I can't believe that Fo-llowers were allowed to get away with this for so long!

+1

If the caster gets covered in gore.  ;D

uhm

No?

"perfect horses far too easy"

Out of 10 horses I breed I keep maybe one, thats worth genesis-ing for me.

If you make horses even more difficult people will only herd MORE horses and that is exactly the problem. Besides, spells cast on creatures do not hurt, or harm the creature upon failure; refer to magranons dominate. If it fails it doesnt do anything, it doesnt hurt the animal.

If you make horses even more difficult people will only herd MORE horses and that is exactly the problem. Besides, spells cast on creatures do not hurt, or harm the creature upon failure

If you make horses even more difficult people will only herd MORE horses and that is exactly the problem. Besides, spells cast on creatures do not hurt, or harm the creature upon failure

You're right, I hadn't considered that. What if the head didn't fly off the torso so horribly, but instead just twisted around like in the Exorcist. So the horse is still alive, just badly injured. Permanent -10km/h movement speed penalty.

Heck yes!

Wurm needs more Asplosion.

/me is amazed at how many people are seeing this as anything other than satire   ::)

If you want the spell to have a failure rate, just have the spell fail.  The horse doesn't need to be blown up (although the artwork was pretty good) or maimed.  As the suggestion is now though, -1.

The horse doesn't need to be blown up (although the artwork was pretty good) or maimed. 

The horse must blow up. I stand adamant on this point.

Actually the more likely result is people will be less likely to use Fo priests with low skills. Just as with enchanting a sword... it blows up and after slapping the priest around a bit, you get another sword. People are still going to keep as many horses as they can keep alive regardless.

Sure as a horse breeder, Id be all for having Genesis remain nice and safe. Currently the only downside is it still uses up favor even if no bad traits exist (having locksmith and ropemaking skills helps there  ;D). However, I can see the need for aggrevating the failures more.

Heck even dominate already has some builtin downsides from failing; although, on reflection the target should blow up as well. Or become stronger perhaps.

EDIT: Perhaps on failures, genesis actually adds a bad trait and/or removes a good trait.

Which just brings us full circle to again having 20 times the animals needed in search of the good traits, while now you can remove some with a Fo priest, its not overnight to get 70 faith, then you'll want to grind channeling, which you currently do to get decent mailbox enchants, no with a chance to " blow up animals" people that have the high channeling will charge quite a bit more or people wont bother to use the service.

Besides the cool use of photoshop, is this a proposed fix to the current breeding issues with yet another thread, or screw it I'm done with breeding lets add some more hurdles to an already broken system, as Alyeska mentioned your not really gonna bother with using Genesis on your prime breeding horses and as it is you might genesis one or 2 per 10 or so born as most times you wont have your few key traits and genesis is already flawed that the removed traits still tend to appear in the next generation.

30 minute refresh , length of time to gain the faith and already too many questions if Genesis really removes the traits or just takes them out of examine makes me wonder why you would feel this is necessary, either way people will still breed far too many to avoid using the spell altogether if add this.

What about the possiblity of adding a bad trait on failure doesnt blow up the horse but still has a negative effect

You guys are aware that the spell has a 30min cooldown right?  ::)

Eh cooldowns outside pvp have far less impact. For me the usual number of bad traits per foal is one or two.

uhm

No?

"perfect horses far too easy"

Out of 10 horses I breed I keep maybe one, thats worth genesis-ing for me.

If you make horses even more difficult people will only herd MORE horses and that is exactly the problem. Besides, spells cast on creatures do not hurt, or harm the creature upon failure; refer to magranons dominate. If it fails it doesnt do anything, it doesnt hurt the animal.

-1 from me too, Same reasons above ^

also you could use it to insta kill animals? just fail on purpose and bang you get a dead horse with no wounds to you

I'll +1 IF you can get the audio clip from Mortal Kombat sounding when the horse blows:

FATALITY!

mk2_fatality1.png

personally I think qol means adding an option to animal husbandry skill to remove bad traits

AH and breeding is disgusting as it is.. 1 new horse takes 1 to 2 weeks to maybe be a thing or not, or lose the mother in the RNG process( so much fun in waiting and rng.. oh my dayumn gawd.. 'love it' )

Than we get terrible traits or low traits.. there's no option to remove these without a priest.. when idk but you usually never need a priest to perform exorcism on your horse to get less stubborn or to fix it's deformed legs or w/e of the sort.. let players fix these easier at low age and maybe slightly harder later on..

As it is.. genesis is not a money maker it's a blocker, whoever have a fo.. good.. own/friend with one/alliance helping out.. but anybody else is stuck with bad traits..

Suggestion is introducing worse time for everybody, instead of fixing a problem it's creating a bigger one

Thank you for the necromancy. +1 to exploding animals on failure, fair is fair gear can shatter, animals can get this as well. Ever over microwave a burrito?

• Like 1