Sign in to follow this  
xtigermanxx

Abuse and harrasment on kchat.

So, don't be trolling on here please, if you don't agree with me go away. Numerous people have been pretty much cyber bullying on here. Here's whats happened:

I've been called stupid, ugly, I've had people say no one likes me, one guy even called me an obnoxious jerk. These people seem to think I am some sort of trolling jerk, and I'm not. I only mean well and I get abused for it. So, after the guy called me an obnoxious jerk, I was offended and angry, and I said a swear word. What do I get? Muted. They get absolutely no punishment at all for saying appalling things about me. I'm getting muted and warned for retaliating to abuse. This needs to stop... Again, please no "You're a troll tiger you deserve everything you should shut up stop whining QQ"... I'm just trying to voice that I'm getting upset with all these insults. I was just talking about updates today and someone suddenly said I have an ugly face out of nowhere. I didn't provoke that, so there isn't any excuse.

1) You can /dev and report him.

2) You can /mute another player.

I'm getting punished by devs for retaliating to harsh abuse. I don't see how I am acting poorly.

I'm getting punished by devs for retaliating to harsh abuse. I don't see how I am acting poorly.

Well you admitted to swearing.  Sadly Wurm is like 3rd grade, and you just have to tell the teacher on people instead of dealing with it yourself by fighting. 

Posting in here isnt gonna serve you any good; if you have a problem with people harrasing you you can contact a gm by sending a /dev.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a staff member you can send a PM to Oracle.

Well you admitted to swearing.  Sadly Wurm is like 3rd grade, and you just have to tell the teacher on people instead of dealing with it yourself by fighting. 

Yea, because clearly "cyber bullies" are intimidated by your textual kung-fu.

Didn't I ask people not to accuse me on here? Calling me stupid and ugly and that no one likes me has no justification.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

Just trying to firmly astablish that I am not trying to be an . I just got a PM saying "youre ugly." I ignored the troll of course, but seriously.

Once again I am shocked how well Wurm represents the real life :)

Now I really would like to know who wrote that PM... I'm not exactly fond of your presence here, either, but personal attacks at that level is a sign of a definite lowlife.

It was Traveler. I do not know who this person is. I try to be friends with everyone, but my personality seems to conflict with others, and people automatically assume I am just a jerk.

Don't take anything Traveler says seriously.  He is a troll that is on mute and KOS throughout most of Freedom.  And Tigerman, grow some thick skin.  They are words, mere scatchings and sounds.  You can ignore those folks that want to talk badly to you or about you.  Don't let their words outdo your indifference to their opinion.

Hey man, if the guy called you those things..so what ? He's not calling YOU those things is he..because nobody has a face on the internet, only a signature. How can this person know if you're stupid or not ? I'll bet he does'nt know you RL, has never met you, and is probably never likely to.

The reason people are doing it is, I believe, you reacted in the way you did initially. Then calling kchat  'pricks.' Just chill out. It's the internet. someone calls you that in real life, like on the street....then you react differently. On here, take it with a pinch.

If you find there is a problem with moderation, please take it up with Oracle via PM. Criticising over the forums will merely create unnecessary conflict.

I see that abuse on chat all the time that's why I hardly say anything there I just follow along and if someone is asking for help I'll give info if I can.   There seems to be a lot of children acting up on there and they do it cause they can get away with it.  If they did it in RL someone would smack the crap out of them.

Don't take anything Traveler says seriously.  He is a troll that is on mute and KOS throughout most of Freedom.  And Tigerman, grow some thick skin.  They are words, mere scatchings and sounds.  You can ignore those folks that want to talk badly to you or about you.  Don't let their words outdo your indifference to their opinion.

Well said, thanks for the encouragement.

/dev it. If CM's ignore it send a PM to Oracle with your complaints.

As everyone knows, there are always 3 sides to every story.  His side, their side and what most everyone else sees.  At least in my case, what I have seen many times with tiger is he touched me make him stop.  Then when it doesn't.  He gets uglier and uglier and whoever he is arguing with keeps going just to egg it on.

This.

You have the /ignore function for a reason.

Whole of society are turning into ruddy carebears.... ::)

You are stupid and ugly. However, considering everyone in this game looks the same that means we are all stupid and ugly. Come brothers, let us rejoice in our similarity!

Send the crap to oracle, sadly there is alot worse then that that goes on. But really thats all you can do if ignoring it is too hard or it bothers you too much.

Send the crap to oracle, sadly there is alot worse then that that goes on. But really thats all you can do if ignoring it is too hard or it bothers you too much.

Ok, I'm a little late to this discussion but let me see if I got this right....

You state you are/were being bullied (i.e. you didn't like what was being said to you in Kchat).  You responded by swearing and were muted.  You then posted here on the forums about actions taken against you by a moderator.

Ok..got it.

1.  If you beleive somone is being abusive towards you, it is YOUR reponsibility to report them using the /dev command or a PM to a GM on the boards.  It does not make "them" right if you do not report them, but it is difficult for a moderator/gm to know you are having an issue if you do not report it.  This is covered under the "Chat Rules", item #3 posted by Oracle - "3 ) You may not harass (sexually or otherwise), verbally abuse, threaten, berate or cause unwanted distress to anyone."

2.  Discussing action taken by any moderator/gm is a violation of the "Game Rules", also posted by Oracle, under section "Wurm Personnel" specificly "If you have a gripe with something or someone then you are to forum PM a GM or the Head GM with your concerns.

There will be no airing of such enquiry or dispute in game chat / irc or the forums. This also includes anything dealing with player penalties such as bans etc."  

This thread needs to end now.