Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

Test/Unstable pack update. [r588] 5/19/11 (Oh god it burns!)

* Removed old flame and fire pillar mappings. All that was replaced by the new flame sprite.

* New nail models. Removed old mapping lines.

* Added New Chests. Removed Old Chest objects. Adjusted mappings.

* Added factional duel rings.

* All lamps with glass now have a lit state, all lamps that use flame, have a flame.

Known issues:

* The switching between lit, and unlit visuals is a bit buggy in some cases, They also do not seem to persist between log ins.

* Coloration of glass in lamps with glass is a bit hit and miss, likely related to the above.

* Lamps lit before log in tend to have the FX in the wrong places.

* Some creatures, like lava fiend and spider need more work on the "Look at me! I'm on fire!" Effect.

It's pretty damn nice I must say. And by pretty damn nice I mean awesome. :D

I'd like to point out few bugs I caught instantly:

* Lights shine through mines now apparently. That is - underground lamps show light blobs on the surface.

* After relogging all lamps not only had the FX in wrong place but also emitted teal-coloured light.

* Brass, bronze and imperial lamps seem to be missing the light effect on the model (glass part).

Any nice screenies of the Duel Rings for a currently prem-less player?

Heya :) just thought I'd add I'm having some odd bursts of the cyan colour the lamps get , it dosnt seem to dissapear if i stand still either.

Love the lamps, Love the work, keep it up :)

Hello Mr. B,

Im encountering some of he Known issues, but I guess that expected.

Also I think the new light effects are way to strong, my neighboorhood looks like circus now.

Why Im writing is, that I have white lamp (197), that is for some reason lighting up the surroundings in blue.

Here is the screen:

wurm2011051916521.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So personally Id love something in between (in terms of intensity)...

Here is why I call it Circus Online now

wurm201105191703.th.jpg

(notice the new lamp on left and old one at right side of the house)

Go the the area with a lot of lamps around (I live near FM), it really looks funny instead of decent.

Snuff and relight them and you'll see the circus light go away. For a while.

It's still WIP after all

I like the increased light range myself. Just saying.

I like the increased light range myself. Just saying.

+1

nice work Mr. B

Very nice - Top Quality as usual Mr.B

Don't praise me, This was Haradar, Wollschaf, Saroman and myself working together.

And yes, its a bit buggy for some reason, was not like this on test. So we will track it down and fix as soon as we can.

well congrats to all - especially to Haradur (and for those that don't know why, check the blog ;) )

I love the new light and torch FX. It makes wurm seem more lively, for some reason. Also, congrats to Haradur for hopefully becoming Rolf's first employed developer. :)

Don't praise me, This was Haradar, Wollschaf, Saroman and myself working together.

And yes, its a bit buggy for some reason, was not like this on test. So we will track it down and fix as soon as we can.

Is it possible to move the light source to the lamp/fire instead of having it at the bottom? Like in this picture:

Here is why I call it Circus Online now

wurm201105191703.th.jpg

(notice the new lamp on left and old one at right side of the house)

Go the the area with a lot of lamps around (I live near FM), it really looks funny instead of decent.

Its a bug thats its not. Snuff and relight to "fix", though that shows other issues.

The new lighting looks great, even with some bugs it's still 10x better than before, great job!

Just want to said the light update looks awesome.  Keep up the good work. 

Its a bug thats its not. Snuff and relight to "fix", though that shows other issues.

I tried this on a few lamps today and the light intensity dropped dramatically. Ql of lamps are ok, I would rather have dots of teal all over at night so I can see better, too bad it's a bug.

The flame in the torch is great, that one is worth relighting. I hope people remember these cool things you guys do, good job.

The color of the light outside is not white but more greenish strange enough inside caves it is correct. Torch lamps outside I could not see the flames as clear as in cave.

All the lamps are light greenish-blue whenever I see them... not sure what's up with that...

9d42c.png

Fire!  8)

There is a bit of blue or teal to the lights. Then again I just may be accustomed to having more yellow mixed in.

My lamps are red from far away (thats the colour they should be) but go blue/green as I approach, except for some of them which are blue/green from far away (so far away in fact that I can't see the light from any of my other lights of higher ql) and flash at me as I approach, almost like a working lighthouse ;D