Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

Love the program with the exception of the slopes view. Half of my tiles have a number on all four sides while the other half has them on the top and bottom only. Also what do you do when a tile has a different elevation on all four corners. The slope view should follow what the game has by letting you set the elevation on the corners of the tile.

hey budda when will your planer be able to remember where he saved the last file? going thru my hard disk everytime i want to open/save a file is ...... somewhat inconvenience.

but else its a great progam.

one question thou: does the zoom factor determins the size of the map? cause i made like 4 different images of the same map and all turned out at different resolution....

Love the program with the exception of the slopes view. Half of my tiles have a number on all four sides while the other half has them on the top and bottom only. Also what do you do when a tile has a different elevation on all four corners. The slope view should follow what the game has by letting you set the elevation on the corners of the tile.

First of all a big thx for the work you've already done. It really helps planning my deed.

Now the requests/suggestions:

- more options on text layers, f.e. text size, bold, italic etc. (on bigger deeds/zoom-out it's really hard to read the text layers)

- having trees and bushes would be great too

- a "in-line" function for walls and fences; f.e. activating a fence, then holding ctrl-LMB and dragging a line to place fences/walls along that line

- a "box" function for terrain and overlay; f.e.: activating a terrain tile/overlay, shift-LMB and dragging to place a box of the selected terrain/overlay

- a combination of "in-line" and "box" function for placing slopes; modifying the slopes on every tile is a pain in the a... tbh :P

I'm sorry if any of this was suggested before... didn't have the time to read the whole thread ;)

On Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) I get (running as java -jar WPlanner.jar):

Unable to continue. Pre-checks failed. (Error code 102)

It then outputs "./" and quits (exit code 0).

Any hint? The data folder is present in the same directory as WPlanner.jar and has fences and stuff in it.

As per help file:

102 – Wurm Online registry node could not be found – Try reinstalling Wurm.

(Since you're on a Mac, it'll be wurm's java preferences (where it stores where wurm is installed) that it can't find)

UPDATE:

I have begun working on a rewrite of WPlanner, which I am planning it to be more robust and easier to use (with a less crappy GUI). The map format will stay exactly the same, maybe a few changes when I get to that, but if that happens I will build it so the current map files still work (without the blunder of last time).

If you have any big changes you want in WPlanner, now is the time to start listing them.

Great news! :)

I would like to see another approach to slopes. Let us define slopes by corner, not by tile.

Please add an "Undo" button, I ruined 2 hours of work by forgetting the fill option was selected.

Fantastic work so far - very helpful in roughing out a deed and refining later.

The biggest wish list item I've had since starting to use WPlanner is a desire to be able to cut and paste from one rectangular or user defined area to another.

Often in working with a large area it's easy to get one or a few tiles off - currently you need to redo everything.  This would also allow the combining of maps or pasting a mine map from one WP file into the mine layer of a map with the correct land above in another file.  ...or just simply duplicating design elements in other locations.

Been working on this today, just set up a git repo to keep track of everything (in case anybody wishes to see how its going):

https://github.com/BuddaT/WPlanner

As for requests, keep em coming. I am currently building this version so everything is mostly separate from the GUI, so it should be fairly easy to add in these changes you have been asking for.

One idea I had, and am working towards, is the ability to have multiple maps open at the same time, most likely handled via tabs (possibly split screen too?).

I have already made this new version so that when you try to open another instance of the program, it passes any arguments off to the original instance and shuts itself down (meaning if you open the maps via double clicking them, they will all open into the same program).

Was just about to start out on the GUI, but thought I had better think of a different design first, so here is a new possible design I have come up with, along with a design detailing the current layout.

If you have a different idea you would like to see, please do share, otherwise tell me which you would prefer (notes etc are always welcome)

Option One (Similar to current):

option1.png

Option Two:

option2.png

Option two seams the better option as well i think. the space used at the bottom of the screen is not alot.

Option 1:

- standard deed is square anyway

- vertical screen space is a rare thing on widescreen laptops with resolutions like 1366x768

Am currently working around this test layout:

testLayout.png

The barrier between the left and right areas is drag-able so you can resize the tile/object/fence section as you see fit.

Any objections?

Option 1 but pls resize the left itemicons to the size of those from Option two that are under the Maparea.

Option one takes too much space from the map Area. which you can bring bakc if you resize the iconsize at the left.

I know this may sound stupid but could you add an Icon for tree's please. Like a green grass background with a black tree on it? I'd like to map out my tree farm areas as those will be non build-able and I share my map with friends.

Great work so far, I'm not major fussed on layout, I just love the tool.

Right, this is what I've decided to do for the GUI (tile/object/fence picking will be in the left pane obviously):

guipreview.png

Not sure if this has been requested previously or you are already planning to implement this.

Please can you make the zoom in and out buttons keep the current centre point of the map in view.

Currently it jumps over the map and you have to re-move to where you were previously.

Thanks.

As it turns out, I have been working on a Mapping program for the last month or so as well, didnt know you had planned on making major improvemnts on this one. (Look for mine soon).

A few comments. The feature you made to have a second instance perfer to the first. As a two monitor owner, please have a way to verride this, or I could not have a different map on each monitor. This occurs frequently in excel when I open a seond workbook, only to have to close it in the first instance, purposely launch a second instance, then load the workbook. Hope you understand what I mean.

The new UI. Is the picker pane on the left going to have the tabs, or only show the tools for the selected tool. ie If you choose the object pencil, will the left pane show objects? It just seems that show the same tool three times (well some 4, pencil, eraser) might not work as well, perhaps all the tools and a dropdown for current set? radio button would mean all the text and too much room. UI is the worst at designing. Having difficulty with mine so I feel your pain. :)