Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

Is there a 3d planner anyplace? I used a cad program to plan ramps and levels, but it doesn't work very well on w7 and they want big bucks now for new version. It was a bit over kill and clumbsy for this anyway.

Is there a 3d planner anyplace? I used a cad program to plan ramps and levels, but it doesn't work very well on w7 and they want big bucks now for new version. It was a bit over kill and clumbsy for this anyway.

Google Sketchup, http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=6888.0

Free and very easy once you get the hang of it

I used to work on one in past, but it was never got and got almost no atention..

I've just discovered the WMP, can I import data from the old Wurm Mapper?

It would save me the long time of remaking my 250x250 tile perfect map :)

I used to work on one in past, but it was never got and got almost no atention..

Maybe just got over looked. A lot going on and some post/threads scroll down quickly. I don't recall seeing it.

Cool app, lovin the stuff, been using it to plan projects.

One question, how do you erase an overlay?

Cool app, lovin the stuff, been using it to plan projects.

One question, how do you erase an overlay?

Just change the opacity to completely transparent

I really enjoy using your application. I do have what I think is a bug report. I have several files in my saved directory with similar name (e.g., My Farm Rev 1.wpm, My Farm Rev 2.wpm etc.) and no matter which one I load, I always seem to be editing the very first file I created. In other words, I don't know that the load file function is working as intended. I work around this issue by using the Save As function not the Save. Keep up the good work!

Any work going into make the saved file smaller? 500x500 with a few archery targets place is 82 megs. Sharing 82+megs back and forth kind of an issue for some.

I really enjoy using your application. I do have what I think is a bug report. I have several files in my saved directory with similar name (e.g., My Farm Rev 1.wpm, My Farm Rev 2.wpm etc.) and no matter which one I load, I always seem to be editing the very first file I created. In other words, I don't know that the load file function is working as intended. I work around this issue by using the Save As function not the Save. Keep up the good work!

Good catch. Fixed and updated the installer.

Any work going into make the saved file smaller? 500x500 with a few archery targets place is 82 megs. Sharing 82+megs back and forth kind of an issue for some.

That's pretty much the current to-do list. Rewriting the save/load format so you can have larger maps overall with smaller file sizes.

Doesnt install at all for me, I am running Ubuntu Linux version 11.0 something, and this is the error message that pops up:

Unable to continue. Pre-checks failed. (Error Code 108)

When I run it using the terminal i get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: WPlanner/jar

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: WPlanner.jar

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

Could not find the main class: WPlanner.jar. Program will exit.

Excat same error / problem. No way to start up though. Placed WPlanner.jar in every possible folder, and tried to start from every possible folder, still getting the same 108 error. Using Ubuntu 10.04

Added Linux download to the downloads page for those that don't want to build it themselves.

Shell script may be wrong, may need to edit that yourself.

"Invalid or corrupt jarfile WPlanner" -- I get this when I try to install using the script attached to the linux download. I don't know if it's the script, the jar file, or a problem with the package I needed to get to unrar the file. .rar isn't natively supported by Ubuntu and so you have to download a package in order to extract the files from the .rar.

Is there a chance you could offer a different archive format? This would cut the unrar package out of the debugging process here. Supported (out of the 'box') archive formats in Ubuntu are: tar, bzip, gzip, bzip2, LZMA, ZIP, JAR, and .iso.

There's the possibility I'm doing something wrong here, if so, please forgive me.

Sorry about that, added zip file.

I've left the shell script out in case it was that.

The command you'll need to run it is:

java -jar WPlanner.jar -Xmx512m

Up and running now, thanks a bunch!

Here's a note to other Ubuntu users: if you right click the .jar and 'extract here' it very well may not work. When I was doing this, the jar wouldn't be extracted. I solved this issue by right clicking each object (the .jar and the directories) and extracting each one individually. Once that was done I used the command:

java -jar WPlanner.jar

The program didn't like the -Xmx512m option.

Just a quick progress update.

Started working on the new map format today, currently got it down to 9MB for a 512*512 map before compression, and 576MB for a 4096*4096 map before compression.

This is worst case scenario stuff, so if you use up every slot for objects, fences and terrain on both layers it will be at max this size.

Currently looking into gzip compression for the save files so they will be a lot smaller. Will edit this post with the final values when I know them.

EDIT: Alright, empty 512*512 map file size down from 88MB to 1KB. Bit of an improvement.

EDIT2: 512*512 map with random terrain scribbled all over it - 94KB, and instant saving. Looks like I've got it sorted. Just have to make everything else work with it, get the loading working, and the conversion from the old format to new. So couple of days and should have an update out.

Just a quick progress update.

EDIT: Alright, empty 512*512 map file size down from 88MB to 1KB. Bit of an improvement.

Thats a lot more than a bit!

Very nice prog, works like a charm, thanks Budda - I've mapped my 2 deeds and also my mine with it to plan ahead etc. :)

Mystecore...now everytime I'll read you name I'll see THIS pic in my head  :o ... you know how to scare people :D

Another added bonus of changing around the map format:

Just rewrote the fill function using a different algorithm. Filling a 512*512 map now takes a second or two instead of a minute or two.

EDIT: Although it still has a cry for a 4096*4096 map when you flood fill everything...eats RAM like crazy...will have to see what I can do about that.

awesome, cant wait for the "smaller file size" update to come out :D

Also, have been thinking (could have been suggested already, didnt scroll through the entire thread). But instead of sending an image to my fellow citizens of our mine, wouldnt it be possible to make a map "viewer"?

So I can send the map file and they can open it in the viewer and when they hover over veins in my mine for example, a popup window appears giving info on ql/miningactions remaining/..., or giving popups whats in which bulkbin in my mine? (all of these popups edited in the map-maker of course, but "read only" in the map-veiwer).

Anyways, really enjoy mapping with your mapmaker :D never thought I would find counting cave tiles fun :P

A feature I would really, REALLY like in this mapper would be the ability to rotate objects, so far I haven't found anything in the mapper that would let me do it and I hate it when my beds are aligned in the wrong direction :P  Also maybe not perse a mapper gunction, and I don't know if it would be possible at all, but a way to enter the slopes on tile borders manually would be nice, and I would love you for ever if it could somehow quickly calculate how much dirt you would need to raise it to a certain height, like the top corner of a certain tile.

A feature I would really, REALLY like in this mapper would be the ability to rotate objects, so far I haven't found anything in the mapper that would let me do it and I hate it when my beds are aligned in the wrong direction :P   Also maybe not perse a mapper gunction, and I don't know if it would be possible at all, but a way to enter the slopes on tile borders manually would be nice, and I would love you for ever if it could somehow quickly calculate how much dirt you would need to raise it to a certain height, like the top corner of a certain tile.

Object rotation: right click the object. Same way to rotate them as the online mapper.

Entering slopes: maybe, I'll take a look.

Calculating dirt: planned already.

Right, so I _was_ going to change the map format down into 128*128 chunks so the 4096*4096 map would load and draw a bit easier, but then I decided NOPE.

At the moment, you can have 4096*4096 maps rather easily, but when you fill ALL of the tiles, it borks hard. Uses a bit over a GB of RAM, and will most likely crash.

As I said, I was going to change this, but that would involve a lot of work, and would only benefit the crazy people that actually want/need a map that huge. So to the crazies: deal w/ it (also don't flood fill the entire map...that is bad).

Anywho, for the normal people that want smaller maps (anything smaller than 1024*1024 runs perfectly), everything is mostly working. Just have to get the map loading and conversion going then I'll put up the new version for download/testing (no doubt there are some bugs I've passed over).

EDIT: Just as a side note: a 1024*1024 map with the terrain flood filled takes about 4 seconds to complete (down from what would've been about 10 minutes with the old algorithm), saving takes about the same amount of time as flood filling, and the save file is about 5MB. I've made it so it doesn't store and object data if the tile has no objects on it, but as soon as you put an object on a tile, it makes the space needed to have all 9 object spaces filled on the tile. So as long as you don't run around putting a single objects on every tile above and below ground, a 1024*1024 map should remain relatively small.

can we get this pinned please?

also can you make it so we can have a plan viewer on our websites? no way to open, load and save etc but just the scrolling so people can see without changing it.