Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

Many thanks!

Edit: It seems to be stuck on "65% Loading...gui images" now :s Does it matter if I have wurm running itself when trying to open WPlanner?

Edited by Lycanthropic

No, that wouldn't matter.

Make sure you pasted it over the old WPlanner.jar file, and that you still have the "data" etc folders in that directory. The gui images are tucked away in there that it needs to load.

i do use it and love,waiting for the updated versions and thank you budda

I'm getting hung up, upon launching the client, at the "Loading...terrain images" phase... stuck at 0% forever :( Any advice or info on this issue?

No, that wouldn't matter.

Make sure you pasted it over the old WPlanner.jar file, and that you still have the "data" etc folders in that directory. The gui images are tucked away in there that it needs to load.

Where else would the "GUI" folder be? There's not one in my "Data" folder.

Ah crap, the gui folder might've been in the jar file actually.

I'll have to update the download later tonight, will edit this post when it's good to go.

ok so if I haven't downloaded this tool yet, will I still need to paste the new .jar file over the new one, or has that been updated as well?

Ah crap, the gui folder might've been in the jar file actually.

I'll have to update the download later tonight, will edit this post when it's good to go.

Okay, awesome... Thanks :D I'll be waiting anxiously.

Hello

I've been using this fantastic program for quite a bit of time now.

But since recently, it refuses to launch anymore. At launch time, while the small window is saying "Loading... terrain images" and the progress bar is displaying "0 %", I get the following Java error "Can't launch Java application. Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.NullPointerException", and then it quits.

I've re-downloaded WPlanner and reinstalled it, but it did not help.

The problem might be occurring since I've changed my laptop (running on Mac OS X 10.8.4 and Java 7 update 21), but I can't be sure about that.

Cheers

-- Grobrim

Hello

I've been using this fantastic program for quite a bit of time now.

But since recently, it refuses to launch anymore. At launch time, while the small window is saying "Loading... terrain images" and the progress bar is displaying "0 %", I get the following Java error "Can't launch Java application. Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.NullPointerException", and then it quits.

I've re-downloaded WPlanner and reinstalled it, but it did not help.

The problem might be occurring since I've changed my laptop (running on Mac OS X 10.8.4 and Java 7 update 21), but I can't be sure about that.

Cheers

-- Grobrim

I have the EXACT same problem. I re-installed it twice now and still has the same problem. Though I don't think anything different has happened since the last time i used it, it was fine. So, I'm not sure what it could be... please help I have my project mapped out on it and I need it for reference :o

There's a comment, on the previous page, regarding an updated version of

I have the EXACT same problem. I re-installed it twice now and still has the same problem. Though I don't think anything different has happened since the last time i used it, it was fine. So, I'm not sure what it could be... please help I have my project mapped out on it and I need it for reference :o

There's a comment on the previous page, regarding an updated version of the .jar file... you would need to follow the link in that comment and download the latest version of the jar, except that it seems the GUI folder is missing from the new .jar file... I think we're still waiting on the developer to make time for a new upload. He said he'd edit the post once he's had a chance to do it.

As for not doing anything different since your prior use, I had the same issue... I don't know what happened, unless the planner uses some files from Wurm its-self. I noticed the planner quit workin right at the same time that there was a graphics package update, in Wurm.
If you happen to already have the latest .jar file from the Dev's comment, in this post, then you'll get a similar issue... the Planner client will load to (I think) 60% or so and then freeze on the "Loading... GUI" phase

Edited by Animus
  • Like 1

wont run for me, i downloaded it and ran it off my desktop and nothing.... so i ran it as administrator and it it loads then asks me to pick a location then nothing after that!

any ideas?

it stops at creating gui images and doesnt work

Edited by Tpikol

I dont know if this is intended or not, but i pulled the gui folder out of the jar, and placed it in the folder, edited the ini file pointing to it and it now loads the gui section fine, my guess is the ini file doesnt point to the correct gui path anymore

i don't even know how to pull it out of the jar file :P maybe step by step directions until he puts out a fix ;P

Seeing a lot of people have issues with running this program in the meantime, I determined a method to get it to work for me. You results may vary, but I like to think it's simple enough.

1. Replace the Wplanner.jar file as Budda described (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/42986-wplanner-v300-wurm-mapping-program-patch-for-broken-maps/?p=856935)

2. Double-click the Wplanner.jar file and allow the program to run from it - do not use the Wplanner.exe.

That's all I did and it works just fine.

• Like 1

It worked for me now it doesn't. I tried deleting and downloading it a few times so I could get the objects and fences to show now it won't load at all. Replaced the JAR file and even tried to run the program from it. >>

Seeing a lot of people have issues with running this program in the meantime, I determined a method to get it to work for me. You results may vary, but I like to think it's simple enough.

1. Replace the Wplanner.jar file as Budda described (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/42986-wplanner-v300-wurm-mapping-program-patch-for-broken-maps/?p=856935)

2. Double-click the Wplanner.jar file and allow the program to run from it - do not use the Wplanner.exe.

That's all I did and it works just fine.

this solution worked,im using it now

Any news about the new version / launcher?

Or the only way to run it is via this "manual fix"?

Cheers,

Alexandra

Manual fix for now.

Have started work on the new version - kind of a large scope, so don't expect it too soon :)