Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

I'm not the best with web languages. If someone would like to do this though, feel free to contact me and I'll get you sorted with the file format so you can load everything.

Also, just got the loading all done (after a headache or two), and everything is looking good. Will test a few more things, and probably update the installer tomorrow.

Righteo, I think I got everything done and sorted. So without further delay, WPlanner 2.0 is up for download.

As always, if you find any bugs, please let me know in here so I can fix them up.

This update is mainly to include the new file format/fill algorithm, making everything a bit/lot faster.

Changelog:

01/07/2011 - V2.0.0
* Changed file format for the maps, and ext to .wp2
  - WPlanner still loads the .wpm files fine. When it loads those files, it will convert it to the new format automatically.
* Rewrote fill algorithm
* Allowed fences on cave layer
* Various other fixes that came as a result of changing the map format
* Labels restricted to 32chars

As a final preview of the new file format, here is my personal deed map files (old format and new):

At0dR.png

Only 3000%? Just from looking at the first post I'd say around 3500% minimum :D

Looking forward to using it, not tried it yet (so don't know if the following are already in), but the things that irked me on the old one are:

Adding text boxes (already mentioned in this thread, and I don't know if you've already added it).

Ability to expand the map in the direction of choice - Could only expand South and East on the old one - at least I never figured out how to add blank tiles to West and North.

Apologies if these are already in.

Adding text boxes (already mentioned in this thread, and I don't know if you've already added it).

Ability to expand the map in the direction of choice - Could only expand South and East on the old one - at least I never figured out how to add blank tiles to West and North.

Yeah both are in already.

Thanks for your AWESOME work Budda!  I will try it Sunday!  Also WHY has this NOT be stickied?????

Don't mind me, just fixing Save To Image.....again.

Changelog:

04/07/2011 - V2.0.2
* Fixed Save to Image to show the whole map instead of just the area you see

^ Haha, nice one Budda. This app's brilliant for larger maps.

Accidentally tried to store 130 in a byte (which goes up to 128), which caused a bug in some maps.

Updated to fix this.

All the old map files will still convert fine, but any maps made with 2.0.0 or 2.0.2 may have problems.

Changelog:

04/07/2011 - V2.0.3
* Fixed bug with some tiles from old maps saving blank, and a crash bug.
  - Maps saved with 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 may not open any longer, old maps will still convert to the new format.

When I select save, the map isn't saved anywhere that I can find... I always have to pick 'save as' and select the file I want to overwrite. Or is it just saving the map to a random folder somewhere?

Ah yeah my bad.

It'll be trying to save to "INSTALL_DIR/saved/" but that folder won't exist.

I've fixed it in the code for the next version, but if you just create that folder manually for now it'll fix it.

If no other problems before then, will put up the fixed version in a day or so.

EDIT: Alright, updated.

Changelog:

06/07/2011 - V2.0.4
* Fixed bug with new installs not being able to save correctly

When I open the WP and load my map it is not loading properly. I have to move my mouse over the tiles to get them to show up and when i scroll the map it destroys it again.

When I open the WP and load my map it is not loading properly. I have to move my mouse over the tiles to get them to show up and when i scroll the map it destroys it again.

See:

Accidentally tried to store 130 in a byte (which goes up to 128), which caused a bug in some maps.

Updated to fix this.

All the old map files will still convert fine, but any maps made with 2.0.0 or 2.0.2 may have problems.

Changelog:

04/07/2011 - V2.0.3
* Fixed bug with some tiles from old maps saving blank, and a crash bug.
  - Maps saved with 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 may not open any longer, old maps will still convert to the new format.

Using 2.0.4 I still have corrupt maps...

Corrupt in what way.

I also have now empty maps, my deed map is completely blank with 2 green tiles somewhere, and the mine map is also blank with 1 single tile in the upper left corner, showing kind of rudementary stone wall and wood parts.

This happens when loading the **.wmp.wp2 format. I'm able to load the older *.wmp files, but those are really outdated now for my deeds and mine.

If you are trying to load a .wp2 that was saved using 2.0.0 or 2.0.2 the map won't work. You have to either create a new map, or convert it from .wpm again and save over it.

Ok, I'll try to convert the old maps with the newest WPlanner version, will need some work to update the deeds and mine, but always better than to create new maps, thanks :)

P.S. It worked well except some objects, which models was swapped with models of another object, f.e. a well was shown as a trash bin, a trash bin was a training dummy, and ovens was shown as market stalls...but this was not a big thing corrected fast :)

It still doesn't work properly. I've loaded my old maps from *.wmp format, corrected the wrong depicted objects, updated the maps to the current state and saved to the new *.wmp.wp2 format.

Now when I load the maps, the mine map (cave layer) shows correctly, but the deed map (top layer) is completely cluttered with white/blank tiles, see picture below.

P.S This seems to happen when saving the map zoomed out...too tired to test further now.

faileddeedsmap.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mine was a fresh install of 2.0.4, never used the program besides the online version beforehand. I don't even get a view of anything on the top layer, and nothing writes to either layer if I try to change it.

Can one of you please send me your maps so I can test it out and see whats going wrong.

Mail sent.

P.S. I've deinstalled and reinstalled WPlanner now, created and filled completely new map, saved it and it's the same...map is blank, and the tool bars only show up after mouseover :(

Mail sent.

P.S. I've deinstalled and reinstalled WPlanner now, created and filled completely new map, saved it and it's the same...map is blank, and the tool bars only show up after mouseover :(

Used any labels? Or simply filled then saved?