Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

I had one person testing it last night, and he pointed out a few things that need to be fixed/updated, so I'll get to working on them, then post the download link in that IRC channel for anyone that wants to test. If you join the channel and see the download link in the title, download it, test it out, and leave any feedback/bugs in the chat, if I'm not there, I'll see them all when I get back.

OP updated with download link and program details.

Also added link to download on the wiki.

I just updated the installer downloads (for the 4 or so people that have downloaded it so far), updating the object images to make the sizing on a few of them better. Some images were too small when you placed them on a map. Not an essential update, but if you have a problem with the image sizes, just download the installer again and run it. The installer will automatically uninstall any previous versions, and install the newest downloaded one.

even though i myself did not check it out yet, your doing great budda, nice dedication :)

Just to be sure after any last changes:

If you have allready made a map using the old mapper, the only way to switch to your new program is to have the old mapper open and manualy fill in each tile on there into your program? No way to just load the old mapper files into your program?

Just to be sure after any last changes:

If you have allready made a map using the old mapper, the only way to switch to your new program is to have the old mapper open and manualy fill in each tile on there into your program? No way to just load the old mapper files into your program?

No sorry, only way to get old mapper maps into WPlanner is to copy them over manually.

Thats a real pity, will have to keep to the old map then (too much work to manually put it over). But thanks for being clear on this, will warn future people too (to choose wisely now that there are more choices).

I hope someone will put a link to your program in the same space where the old mapper is linked to on the site (else people *will* start out with the old mapper of course)

This is awesome. Very fast program, no nonsense and straight to the point. A lot better then the old mapper.

Is there any way you could add a fill tool?

Is there any way you could add a fill tool?

Yep, I'll add that to my list for the next update.

V1.5.1 is now the latest version. The downloads page has been updated.

Just download the new installer and run it to install the latest version. The installer will automatically uninstall old versions and install the new one.

Changelog:

03/06/2011 - V1.5.1
* Added the fill tool
* Added the "picker" tool
* Fixed a bug causing CPU to spike when window was resized larger than the map area

Nice! Awesome job rolling out updates fast. :)

One more request batch:

* Add UI buttons for changing layer and zooming (easier access than dropdown menu);

* Add keybind for Normal, Pick and Fill tools;

* Add "Clear" tool that defaults to blank "brush" for given mode, with a keybind;

* Add zooming with Ctrl + scroll mouse;

* Add Help menu with link to the .pdf and About... with author info and version number ;)

Just few ideas I got after playing a while longer with WP :)

Also... seems that maximizing the window, that is making it display full map still ramps up CPU use significantly.

Also... seems that maximizing the window, that is making it display full map still ramps up CPU use significantly.

Could you show me what you mean with a screenshot or something? I just tested it again on my end, and as soon as I maximize it, it resizes back to the size of the map instantly, which stops the cpu spiking.

Let me give an example:

* Make a 15x15 map.

* Normal low CPU usage.

* Double click the title bar to maximize the window (Windows system), the size, like you said snaps to the size of the map.

* Once in that state CPU use ramps up to max for one of the cores.

I'll post a screenie if that description doesn't cover it.

Ok...well that's strange. When I do that, it occasionally spikes for a split second when its doing the resizing, but once it snaps back to the map size the CPU usage drops back again.

Is this what its doing for you? Or does it sit there constantly using max on one core?

After maximizing it instantly goes to 50% CPU use and keeps hovering around it; had it like that for 10 minutes, did not change.

However if I reduce the window even by a small amount (so the scroll bars appear) it goes back to nominal CPU use.

Alright, that helps. I have an idea what might be going on. Will hopefully be fixed for you with next update.

I also found a bug with the fill tool which will also be fixed for next update. (If anyone is wondering, recursion with a fixed stack size is a recipe for death. Try filling a 100x100 map with something).

Oh, also found another bug if you have a large amount of _blank terrain tiles the program grinding to a halt, this will also be fixed.

Loving the overlays and text functions as they are hugely useful.

My main fault with it is the way stone house walls and tall walls just seem to blend into the tiles making it hard to make out, is there anyway to make the contrast higher or a outline on the wall?

Brilliant work anyway.

Loving the overlays and text functions as they are hugely useful.

My main fault with it is the way stone house walls and tall walls just seem to blend into the tiles making it hard to make out, is there anyway to make the contrast higher or a outline on the wall?

Brilliant work anyway.

I've thought the same thing.

In the install folder, under /data/fences/ is all the pictures for the fences. If you or anyone else wants to have a crack at editing the images so they are easier to make out, go ahead. If they turn out good, I'll add them to the next update to come out for everyone to use.

Just keep in mind that as long as you don't change the names of the image files, you can edit them to whatever you want. As soon as you add more files in, or change the names around, making the alphabetical order different, it means that transferring maps between people might not work exactly as you'd expect, unless that person has the exact same files as you.

As for this next update, it should be up soon. Just sorting out a few last things.

Just give them a black outline no? Stand out a little more.

Just give them a black outline no? Stand out a little more.

Meh, that worked.

Alright, updated the downloads with latest version, V1.6.0

Changelog:

04/06/2011 - V1.6.0
* Added Eraser tool - sets image on current tab to default (_blank)
* Added buttons for Zoom In/Zoom Out
* Added buttons for changing layers - Top and Cave
* Added keyboard shortcuts for all tools/buttons
* Added ability to zoom in/out using Ctrl+Scroll
* Added help menu with link to help file (pdf) - Shortcut is F1
* Added About dialog to help menu
* Adjusted some fence images so they stand out more
* Fixed bug with program grinding to a halt with too many blank terrain images
* Fixed bug with fill tool causing stack overflow if map was too large
* Fixed bug with zooming out causing CPU usage spike
* Fixed bug with resizing causing CPU spike
* Dragging the window to resize may now make the window spaz out when larger than the map. Everything will still work fine, it just has a major spaz. Once you stop resizing, it will snap back to the map size and all will be well again.

As always, if you find any bugs/problems, post here.

I've been using it for a couple of days now, and have to say a good job.

I have started plugging it on the Freedom, have gotten a few friends onto it, and have converted all my maps using this application.

My personal problems:

• I would like to use the z_{colour} fences while in the Cave layer, my mine is rather dangerous even without creatures inside it. The z_{colour} fences have been used a lot within the mine to outline these different area.
  • To move all Fences to be above the Misc layer.
  • Separate "Set Label/Overlay Colour" button, I find that changing overlay colour then needing the text to be a different colour annoying to change as currently I always use white text.
  • Undo, undo, undo! The amount of times I forgot to remove the fill icon and filled the wrong areas! Even if its just the last action that is recalled.

Currently because of my inability to tell the differences of the veins I simply remove them and replaced with the overlay tools.

But I love it, those I have given the link to love it, and well it seems to be a good piece of work.

I've been using it for a couple of days now, and have to say a good job.

I have started plugging it on the Freedom, have gotten a few friends onto it, and have converted all my maps using this application.

My personal problems:

• I would like to use the z_{colour} fences while in the Cave layer, my mine is rather dangerous even without creatures inside it. The z_{colour} fences have been used a lot within the mine to outline these different area.
  • To move all Fences to be above the Misc layer.
  • Separate "Set Label/Overlay Colour" button, I find that changing overlay colour then needing the text to be a different colour annoying to change as currently I always use white text.
  • Undo, undo, undo! The amount of times I forgot to remove the fill icon and filled the wrong areas! Even if its just the last action that is recalled.

Currently because of my inability to tell the differences of the veins I simply remove them and replaced with the overlay tools.

But I love it, those I have given the link to love it, and well it seems to be a good piece of work.

Will add all that to the to-do list for next update.

As for the cave images, theres not much I can do to change them, as they are loaded directly from the wurm graphics archive.