Sign in to follow this  
Budda

WPlanner V3.0.0 - Wurm Mapping Program - Patch for broken maps

Budda looking good, be nice if you could add support to load in the offical map dump and place the images on top of that, 1 pile = 1 tile

Budda, what about using old Mapper images, or at least the better ones of them? Let me know if that's acceptable and where to up them and I'll give it a try.

If you download the mapper all of those files should be in there. It should not be hard to add updated images though since you have the resources at hand as it is in the install folder.

If you download the mapper all of those files should be in there. It should not be hard to add updated images though since you have the resources at hand as it is in the install folder.

Totally forgot that you can download the mapper and just rip the images like that. I've done that now, and since all the image files aren't the same size, its thrown everything out of whack a bit. Will have to rewrite a bit to support different sized images.

On a side note, I have rotating objects working properly now.

Good stuff :) I'll see what can be done about images not included in that... what about border stuff, walls etc? I'm guessing that also needs made from scratch?

Good stuff :) I'll see what can be done about images not included in that... what about border stuff, walls etc? I'm guessing that also needs made from scratch?

I've just spent way too much time trying to get these images to work as I want them, rotating properly, keeping their aspect ratio when zooming etc, and its been driving me nuts. So what I've decided to so is scrap that idea, and just edit all the images so that they are 64*64 (or just generally square).

So when making the extra images, if you want them to look good when rotating, leave a bit of room to each side and top for when the image is rotated.

If the images aren't all uniformly sized, they will still load fine, but will get a bit squashed up and bits might be cut off when rotated to certain angles.

e.g: The barrel image is 30*30 or something similar, so it looks fine when rotated, but the forge is something like 40*60 so it gets cut off.

objectSpin.png

Being loaded and drawn like this means that all objects will be the same size, so if smaller objects are needed, just leave more empty space in the image.

Just as a point of interest, objects are always drawn at (tileSize / 3) * 2.

If large objects are wanted (which I assume they will be, towers etc) I can add in a check for the filename of the image file, I was thinking if it ends with "_l" then it will be drawn say, the same size as a tile?

Input, suggestions?

EDIT: the default images that are in there now that I ripped from the online mapper I will fix up and make the images square so they are drawn properly, don't worry about them.

EDIT2: Actually, while resizing these images, I had a better thought. I'll draw the images as the size of a tile, then the object images can just be made in relation to the size of a tile, with the actual object in the middle, being the size it should be in relation to the tile.

EDIT3: Normal objects will be drawn as the size of a tile. Larger tiles (file names ending in _l) will be drawn as 4 tiles (2x2).

EDIT4: On the topic of images for fences, I will rip out whats there in the mapper files, but they will probably need to be updated, and things like iron fences will need to be added.

Uh how do you rotate it so it look so bad? Laungage you use don't have any build-in rotation functions?

Uh how do you rotate it so it look so bad? Laungage you use don't have any build-in rotation functions?

No that's OK, don't read the post I made to explain it all, just look at the picture and post.

Just got done with fences.

Due to how I done the objects (how they are rotated etc), I decided to do the fences somewhat the same. If more fence images are wanted in, you only have to make the horizontal fence image, but you have to make it in the center of an image, with size in relation to a tile.

e.g. I ripped the horizontal fence images from the online mapper, resized them from 8*64 to 64*64, and made it so the original fence image part is in the center.

When all made well, they come out like this:

plannerPreview1.png

EDIT: Updated the low stone walls, and put in iron fences/gates: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1751617/planner/plannerFences1.png

Uhh, ones I've noticed missing are BSB, FSB, well, trash bin, and a remake of the large chest image for the new chests.

Got exporting to image, and slopes done today.

Exporting: Anything that is currently visible is wrote to an image file. That way you can customise what you want in the image, turn off grid lines, turn off slopes, etc.

Slopes: Pretty simple way of handling it. Shift+M1 Click to bring up an input box to change the height of the tile you clicked on. Once done, it shows the slope differences on the border lines. The slopes showing will be turned off by default.

Requesting some colorful "fences" (i.e. just bold colorful lines) to mark the edges of things like deeds.

Requesting some colorful "fences" (i.e. just bold colorful lines) to mark the edges of things like deeds.

Done.

Overlay layer working.

Here's a quick map I made to test it all out, using the save to image function in the program:

DefaultMap1219.png

• Like 1

Maybe because he is working on it right now. Cant wait for it. Nice job man

Does the save to image only show what's on your screen? Is it possible to be able to save an image of a large map without having a big screen? Otherwise I would have to piece a bunch of images together, which is a pain.

Does the save to image only show what's on your screen? Is it possible to be able to save an image of a large map without having a big screen? Otherwise I would have to piece a bunch of images together, which is a pain.

It saves whatever is on the map. So if you have a 100x100 map, and your current zoom only shows you 20x20 of it, its still going to save the whole 100x100 map to file, at the zoom level you are currently at.

I could never picture things properly with the 2d mapper thats why I made a bunch of crappy 3d models (like barrel, chest, tower etc) and a 3d 20x20 tile template thing where I just extrude up the walls and give them a solid colour for what they are

now if i want to plan a place i can do it properly and see how it looks, also works good for slopes

Got cave layer/labels etc done, and feel pretty much all of the main features are now in and working.

I just have to rework the resizing a bit (its not liking when you take rows/columns off the right/bottom) to make it work properly, then I should be ready to have a couple of people test.

So if anyone feels like taking a few minutes out of their day to test it out and make sure it works properly, please jump on irc and idle in the channel #wplanner

When I've got everything sorted and ready, ill ask anyone whos in there to help me out. Once the tests are done, and I'm happy there won't be any major flaws, I'll throw up a link to download the program.

EDIT: All fixed and seems to be good from my end. Have put together installers for Win and Mac, just need a couple people to test it all out, and make sure everything works.

willing to test too and compare with current planner