Sign in to follow this  
Serpentarius

The "I want to get Enlightened" thread

Warning: if you don't care about meditation and the meditation paths, you can safely ignore this thread.

Okay, i have a stupidly high meditating skill and a high level and  today three different people have asked me if i could use the "Enlighten" option on them.  Sadly i wasn''t able to (my level was too high for them) but since a lot of people apparently want to gain a few levels of mediation without grinding the skill, maybe it's time to do explain how it works exactly and maybe organize some mass enlightenment on this server. ;D.

What is the enlighten option?

It's the option that allows a higher level meditation leader to give you the mediation question to gain a level even if you don't have the skill needed to get it with a normal meditating action on a special tile.

All you need is to be exactly 3 level under the leader that enlightens you and have no waiting timer until your next question.

So yeah, it means anyone with 15-20 meditating skill can theoretically be level 10 (that's 60 meditating) or even level 11 (if someone ever reach level 13 on his path).  It means that even non-prem could reach stupidly high level of meditation without actually grinding the skill over 20. Hell, the way it works now, anyone could even create a true ladder with alts in order to enlighten everyone all the way from level 5 to level 11. All you would need is 15 meditating and one lone player grinding meditating to raise everyone else 2 level under him.

Why did i made this thread?

The problem with enlightening is that you probably don't know how it works and you also probably don't know anyone on the server that is exactly 3 levels over you. Well you probably know their name from the leaderlist but you don't know if they want help you gain a level. So maybe a thread could help to share some goodwill.

So I will start:

Path of Love

I have a priest alt on the path of love at level 8 (Splendid). If you are at level 5 (Goodhearted) and you don't have to wait for the question, i can enlighten you to the level 6 (Giving) for free even if you don't have the skill needed.  And maybe one of the few higher level could enlighten you every 24 days until you reach level 7 or 8, if you want the Enchant power. Level 8 is the current top of the enlightened ladder for love until someone reach level 11 on Freedom (Mauz was quite close to that level :( ).

Path of Power

Well, for the path of power i can only enlighten only one player on the freedom server, Hatchling, from the level 9 (Liberator) to the Level 10 (Force). But the good news is that lot of people are either 2 or 3 levels under him at the moment and those peoples also have players 3 levels under them. So with some organization a lot of people could gain a level or two without grinding meditating. Hatchling could basically enlighten up to 5 people from Unafraid to Brave. And after i enlighten him, enlighten those 5 accounts and the 6 other "brave" accounts to level 8.

The bad news? I don't know if Hatchling still play. But even if he don't, you guys at the Brave and Unafraid levels could probably enlighten lots of people too. If you want to. And if they want to be enlightened.

Feel free to use this thread if you want to be enlightened or if you want to be enlightened. It would save you lot of time meditating. Or just ignore the whole thread and keep grinding the meditating skill alone like a true masochistl.  :P

btw i don't know if this is the thread for it, but there is a title for meditating on knowledge and Faith. Making it possible for the name Whoever The Enlightened [Enlightened].... just the title made me think of it

btw i don't know if this is the thread for it, but there is a title for meditating on knowledge and Faith. Making it possible for the name Whoever The Enlightened [Enlightened].... just the title made me think of it

Yes, you can technically be Enlightened the Enlightened[Enlightened]. You just need to create the Enlightened account and grind to 90 faith and 70 meditating.

well, i know hatchling, and he stopped playing a while ago..

i dont know if he comes back, but i can ask him tomorow or something..

Great thread!

Feel free to add me to your list =D.

Yggdrasil - Elarial, Freedom Server

Path of Insanity

Tier 8 - Beast

I can enlighten Level 5 "Sicko" to Level 6 "Mental"

I'm also searching for a level 11 "Gone" Insanity user to advance me to level 9. Please pm me if you know or are one, I'd appreciate it immensely =)

oh for that matter, you can list me too, i dont think there are high enough level insanity members on freedom, but anyways

im a level 9 insanity member, and can enlighten people of level 6 to level 7. (i may need instructions how to enlighten as i never did it before)

im looking for a level 12 insanity follower to enlighten me,

lets see how this goes..

I reached my goal of  'maniac' recently so i'm available if you can get hold of me, prolly best to pm me here to arrange a meeting.

I guess i will keep gaining skill but it really is slow, hats off to those who have already got crazy med skill.

I'm 6 going on 7 (28 med skill so I need the points, not the time) path of love :)

Don't forget there is a cool down for the individual lighting the path between raises. If the recipient fails to be enlightened they can try again immediately but once successful it counts as as a path tick so a 24 day wait. This means that a path leader can only do this fifteen times a year.

Don't forget there is a cool down for the individual lighting the path between raises. If the recipient fails to be enlightened they can try again immediately but once successful it counts as as a path tick so a 24 day wait. This means that a path leader can only do this fifteen times a year.

Not so. I had a note of the time and day I last went up a path. I was enlightened by another player 24 hours before I should have been able to have the option again. I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to be enlightened above your meditating skill ability, but the OP says that's not the case. I reckon it should be though...

Level 8, Love ("Splendid")  - looking for a boost / willing to Enlighten

Level 6, Knowledge ("Observer") - looking for a boost / willing to Enlighten

Not talking about the to-be-enlightened but the i-will-do-the-enlightening individual.

I've enlightened someone then nearly a week later tried to do someone else and got you have to wait 18 days 12hrs........

Level 6 Love path - Giving.

Looking to be enlightened to level 7.

I Have Love lvl 6 need enlightment / willing to enlight

on my character deathlemming living in hells forge north coast of crystal lake

im looking for a level 12 insanity follower to enlighten me,

lets see how this goes..

Im level 12 on Insanity and would be happy to enlighten you.

If there is indeed a 24 day CD on this (and it seems there is), i would have to offer first dibs to Thorgot though if he wants it as i messed up enlightening him on the previous level  :-[

Feel free to PM me in game to arrange something.

Same goes for any other Insanity Maniacs, i dont mind enlightening you all for no cost. Should have more than enough time to do everyone before hitting level 13  ;D

If there is indeed a 24 day CD on this (and it seems there is), i would have to offer first dibs to Thorgot though if he wants it as i messed up enlightening him on the previous level  :-[

I'm a few weeks from reaching level 10 naturally, but thank you for the offer.

Listing names with location (N,E,S,W) with path and level they're at might be helpful rather than paragraphs...  ;)

So, does the time limit just apply for the enlightened, just for the enlightener, or both?

If it doesn't apply for the enlightened, I might go on a road trip boosting myself up, travelling across freedom.

At lvl 7 Love path now. Willing to enlighten anyone to lvl 5.

At lvl 7 Love path now. Willing to enlighten anyone to lvl 5.

Where do you live? If you're not too far away, I might swing by and test the timers on being enlightened.

I'm level 7 path of love now so I could enlighten anyone of level...5? As well. I'm at Academy of Enlightenment :)