Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Iron Lamps

Try the unstable client, Haradur mentioned something about fixing a bug with it.

Try the unstable client, Haradur mentioned something about fixing a bug with it.

I *AM* on unstable client......  :-\

And my electricity bills (upkeep) are paid  :D

Has your unstable client got the latest packs?

My one is forcing me to download new packs as we speak :)

Has your unstable client got the latest packs?

My one is forcing me to download new packs as we speak :)

It's 3.0.0-3165 [unstable], is that the latest one?

Yeah, but just check that the packs are all up to date and if it still doesn't work guess it needs fixing.

darkenstone has the same no light coming from lamps problem as several other people have mentioned in here most just dont work i tried to plant a few in a area where there are none what so ever and nothing yet here in my house my red(yes high ql) lamps have gone well lets just say rainbow?

2n7kwh0.jpg

quite nice actually but those 2 are the only 2 that work or when i move them they still work but any of the other 10-15 lamps that i have spread around the area are just not working or barely

eg the 1 i put in my completely dark cave gives off nearly nothing i have to turn my lantern off and i can barely see it after putting my screens gamma up high the ones around my dock give of a bit brighter white light but the ones in my house are going nuts as shown above

My lamps ondeed are mostly not working (show as lit but no light)

They worked fine unti lrecently, no changes since then in terms of number/layout of lamps.

My lamps ondeed are mostly not working (show as lit but no light)

They worked fine unti lrecently, no changes since then in terms of number/layout of lamps.

I am having the same issue. Apparently turning each individual lamp solves the problem.

I am getting lamps in the mine to show a bright glow on the ground above.  I see glowing spots across the fields, where the lights are in the mine below.  And they are interfering with the surface lights, when they did not do this before.

The new lamps are really cool but we are back to the first bug now were some are lit up correctly and some are not.

As you can see the one on the left is not lit up like the one on the right.

Lamp1.jpg

Now some have said that its to close to the other lights but as you can see here these two are closer then the top ones and there both working fine. This is what i expect to see with my lighting and hope we can get them all to work this way.

Lamp2.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a bug either or not, but the intensity of the lamps were drastically reduced too. I'll get some screenshots up of it in a moment.

Edit: I guess it might be the same bug, but you get a faint amount of light form them anyway. going around and getting screens now since it's night time.

Okay, this was taken 5 days ago, on the unstable client when the lights had odd coronas.

wurm201105191451_2.png?t=1306273769

And this was taken about 10 minutes ago on the stable client.

wurm201105241527.png?t=1306273796

Also taken 5 days ago on unstable with the odd coronas.wurm201105191452.png?t=1306274784

And then 10 minutes ago.wurm201105241517_1.png?t=1306274857

I've never really had the 'lights don't work' problem before, despite having so many but as of this update I guess I do now. I'm not even sure if it's them not working, because even ones that have the lit glass have the same dull light intensity.

Edit#2: I should say, I've always had the issue of lights never lighting up surrounding objects, such as walls, as that is a game limitation. The problem now is, the lights do not seem to be lighting the ground tiles, which they always did regardless of how many you had. At least for me.

I'm happy to report that with this new update today all my lamps are working perfectly. Great job !!

Yeah, all the lamps now have their heads lit up, but the light they emit is abysmal compared to what they once gave off. Right now, fire sources give off better light.

Yeah, all the lamps now have their heads lit up, but the light they emit is abysmal compared to what they once gave off. Right now, fire sources give off better light.

That's odd, as none of that changed. Light ranges and brightness was not touched from original settings.

HOWEVER! We did fix the light sources positions, for a good while it was under the lamp. Im going to have to ask, do you have any proof to back up your claim, or does it just feel different now?

My proof is at my deed and from screenshots my previous post. My place used to light up like a beacon because the lamps lit up the ground noticeably. Here's some similar screenshots to the ones I posted with the fix to the lamp heads that was put in yesterday.wurm201105251233_1.png?t=1306458125

wurm201105251233.png?t=1306458170

If the light source being underneath the lamps was causing the ground to light up like in my previous shots, I'm disappointed it was re-positioned. Still love all the lamps at my place, but it is extremely darker since the ground is not lit up like it used to. I think the light source being underneath the lamp was great since it helped to carry the light much further than it does now. Also, it was a nice addition since the game's engine can not have every lamp in an area bounce its light off of an object, be it trees or walls, etc.

I admit though, I 'abused' the 'feature' a lot at my place. I dyed the lamps so their lights would essentially paint the slabbed tiles the desired color. It worked on all tiles no-matter the slope, so they acted akin to stadium lights. Do campfires and forges, etc have their light sources underneath them? That might explain why they light up the area better than the lamps now do.

Right now, lamps just don't feel like lamps anymore. I love that their heads light up and the corona was added, but the actual illumination due to the source being moved from under the lamp makes them seem more like glow sticks. Lamps should light up the ground along with having them bounce off of objects. I can only assume that is why the light source was underneath the lamps in the first place.

The brass hanging lamps still have their halo on the wooden pole (otherwise look great!)

The brass hanging lamps still have their halo on the wooden pole (otherwise look great!)

Yeah, Known.

If the light source being underneath the lamps was causing the ground to light up like in my previous shots, I'm disappointed it was re-positioned. Still love all the lamps at my place, but it is extremely darker since the ground is not lit up like it used to. I think the light source being underneath the lamp was great since it helped to carry the light much further than it does now. Also, it was a nice addition since the game's engine can not have every lamp in an area bounce its light off of an object, be it trees or walls, etc.

+1

We won't be unfixing that, sorry. Also, light distance was not changed, you were just seeing it more on terrain because it was low.

Lamps are now useless as a light source, only useful for decoration. I am pretty sure old style street lamps lit up the ground more just like modern street lamps do.

We won't be unfixing that, sorry. Also, light distance was not changed, you were just seeing it more on terrain because it was low.

Actually, I'm basing my own opinion on that in caves.  I can clearly tell the lamps do NOT light as much of the cave as they used to.  And that's talking about cave rooms where the side walls were actually lit before.

Lamps are now useless as a light source, only useful for decoration. I am pretty sure old style street lamps lit up the ground more just like modern street lamps do.

Moving the light source up from the ground just makes the lamps give off less light since it won't reach the ground tiles, doesn't do anything else. Was it moved up so the corona effect could be attached to it? Was going to suggest if possible, that maybe a second light source should be put in the original spot on the lower portion of the lamps so they actually lighten up the ground. But I don't know how the whole modeling thing works for Wurm.

And in moving them it did make things darker. Lights that once made me able to see in my cave now light up what seems to me to be about half as well as they used to. I love the new effects but honestly I'd have pushed keeping the old static lights if I had noticed the dimming effect sooner.