Sign in to follow this  
Fernando

Why does the UI lag so much?-

With the chat and event windows, toolbelt and a container opened, I get 30fps. That becomes 80 when I minimize chat and event and make my toolbelt smaller, and 133 when I close it all with F10 and open again.

Why does the bloody interface use more CPU than graphics, etc?

I don't see this happening. And how do you see your FPS after pushing f10? All the GUI elements that would display that are hidden.

My fps hovers around 57 and no matter how many GUI elements I open/close/expand that 57 stays the same. When I start traveling distances the FPS may drop down into the 30's.

I'm curious why for some, the GUI doesn't do anything yet for others it literally kills there game.

is 30 low?  i regular an fps of 20 or less :C

how do i get it up

I don't see this happening. And how do you see your FPS after pushing f10? All the GUI elements that would display that are hidden.

My fps hovers around 57 and no matter how many GUI elements I open/close/expand that 57 stays the same. When I start traveling distances the FPS may drop down into the 30's.

I'm curious why for some, the GUI doesn't do anything yet for others it literally kills there game.

Same for me, about 15-20 FPS drop when I open inventory and skills window.

Also, once I dropped pile of wemp plants on the ground by accident, and my FPS went to less than 1, as long as I was looking on it o.O

text rendering.

Whoa, then we're better off with animations and icons to replace the text.

All this time I've been running around with windows open all over. I go from 28fps to 36 with everything pretty much maxxed out when i close everything.

text rendering.

Whoa, then we're better off with animations and icons to replace the text.

Hence the changes I have been looking at. Just need time to do it.

I doubt the inventory has to be rendered with 30 fps. updating it once per second into a texture should work wonders

I doubt the inventory has to be rendered with 30 fps. updating it once per second into a texture should work wonders

We have multi-Language to support.

But why does it only affect some people, MrB?

Different hardware, power, Yada yada.

Couldn't you supply different pacls with the different languages or at least do the icons for the few major languages...? Get people to work on community made packs for their native language maybe.

Get people to work on community made packs for their native language maybe.

Fernando or you could give me prem and I'd pay you back in referrals :P But a medal is nice too... I don't see how that would be too big of an issue.

If you think about it, no one would use the portuguese pack cause I'm the only speaker here and it would look silly to me.

Couldn't you supply different pacls with the different languages or at least do the icons for the few major languages...? Get people to work on community made packs for their native language maybe.

That's not really the issue. I'm not really the person to ask anyway, I have a small understanding of the technical conflicts. But its something being looked into. Shear amount of text has a good deal to do with it though.