Sign in to follow this  
Aetherwalker

People who are getting upset about the actions of the staff

End all censorship. The tighter you try and control people, the more they rebel.

End it, no one likes to be told what they can and cannot say. I sure as hell don't.

End all censorship. The tighter you try and control people, the more they rebel.

End it, no one likes to be told what they can and cannot say. I sure as hell don't.

They should add ingame chats that are non-moderated...

See above, we already have IRC, Team, Village.

Team requires you having to hunt someone down and physically clicking to add them. A pain, to say the least.

Village requires them actually being in your village. Can't talk with your villagemates and friends across world at the same time.

The IRC sometimes bans you for logging 2 chars in at the same time and isn't really a part of wurm and is a penguin in the assassin to teach people how to use, and autolaunch it. It also has the added bother of having to click to local/village/kchat before typing your /fsleeps and so on.

Is not what he/we are talking about.

They should add ingame chats that are non-moderated...

See above, we already have IRC, Team, Village.

I'm sorry, Team and village chats are insufficient due to their limitations, and raw IRC is not anything close to a reasonable excuse for a chat system in a game that actually has graphics.

EVE style player-created channels are what we need.

Having teamchat channels available via an /invite "playername" "team channel name" style command that does not require the person being invited to be in front of you would certainly be a very welcome feature.

People are dead on about staff abusing there powers. I have had several issues that when reported to oracle get a ":D sorry" or other silly reply. And I have seen Ca's abuse there power by enforcing rules on others and not there own friends. So hey until we get a staff that is actually impartial and doesnt act with bias this is what we get. I am not going to get into names or logs cuz then you will say I am dev bashing. Oracle you know it is true, how many times have you apologized to me? We got GMs that lock threads without signing them, delete threads without signing them, and remove posts and issue warnings with no evidence. Honestly what do you expect?

Honestly I don't know who is going over the applications for CA, seems like a big clique of friends if you ask me, and always nice to see one of the bad ones finally get removed.

Edit- If you want logs I got em but what would that do? You can't treat people like that and expect them to roll over for you. Be less biased and you will get less complaints.

The overmoderation of this game was one of the things that helped me give up playing. It wasn't a major factor, but it sure didn't help to have half the community running around in game, and out, trying to flex their moderator muscles every chance they could. Sandbox...openness...? Seems like a hard sell from something that is so heavily regulated.

Sandbox does not mean no rules. Especially when it comes to common sense in public chats.

Overmoderation is fine if it is consistent. Seems like some people get overmoderated and some people get no moderation.

Someone tells me to kill myself IRL.

Someone makes personal attacks.

I tell him to F off, who gets muted?

I have very many such very clear examples in logs if you would like me to prove it happens often.

I think people are thinking we have an outsourced moderation staff. We don't, we have volunteers that are not scripts. They are humans, and occasionally make errors. That is why we have an appeals process.

very simple.. you abuse the rules countless times, you get banned/muted more easily

People are dead on about staff abusing there powers. I have had several issues that when reported to oracle get a ":D sorry" or other silly reply. And I have seen Ca's abuse there power by enforcing rules on others and not there own friends. So hey until we get a staff that is actually impartial and doesnt act with bias this is what we get. I am not going to get into names or logs cuz then you will say I am dev bashing. Oracle you know it is true, how many times have you apologized to me? We got GMs that lock threads without signing them, delete threads without signing them, and remove posts and issue warnings with no evidence. Honestly what do you expect?

Honestly I don't know who is going over the applications for CA, seems like a big clique of friends if you ask me, and always nice to see one of the bad ones finally get removed.

Edit- If you want logs I got em but what would that do? You can't treat people like that and expect them to roll over for you. Be less biased and you will get less complaints.

Over-moderation is fine if it is consistent. Seems like some people get over-moderated and some people get no moderation.

Over-moderation is fine if it is consistent. Seems like some people get over-moderated and some people get no moderation.

I have always said this and will always maintain this position, there is no consistency between CA 1 and the rest, everyone acts accordingly to what they think is correct or incorrect.

This is unavoidable, since every culture has different acceptance norms, and individuals within cultures have their own variance as well.

I do support some moderation, and I think the automated system has promise if it is heavily modified and closely watched.  If the /ignore system is abused, the abusers need some sort of penalties.  If you /ignore spam someone just because you don't like them, you get a warning at first, then a couple progressively worse silences, and finally if you simply can't learn that ignore is not a tool to use as a weapon, start with a 3 hour game-ban and start working up from there.

I have always said this and will always maintain this position, there is no consistency between CA 1 and the rest, everyone acts accordingly to what they think is correct or incorrect.

This is unavoidable, since every culture has different acceptance norms, and individuals within cultures have their own variance as well.

I do support some moderation, and I think the automated system has promise if it is heavily modified and closely watched.  If the /ignore system is abused, the abusers need some sort of penalties.  If you /ignore spam someone just because you don't like them, you get a warning at first, then a couple progressively worse silences, and finally if you simply can't learn that ignore is not a tool to use as a weapon, start with a 3 hour game-ban and start working up from there.

Indeed, different places in the world, different tolerances, but see, no excuse, because that what the Chat rules are for, and they can't even follow/apply those without some sort of inconsistency. They either all warn/mute for the same reasons or just give the batch back.

I noticed there was no consistency in wurm within a few weeks of playing.

you cant expect CA/GMs to be consistent if the head guy himself isnt: rolf

it starts at the top as he sets the example

Sandbox does not mean no rules. Especially when it comes to common sense in public chats.

But the threadstarter is just plain wrong to believe this is a game where Rolf can just do what he wants.

God forbid the guy who MAKES the game gets to do what he wants to with it.

Cause its not like hes the one who put countless hours into it.

Discussion of age of consent, not 'sex', just the laws.  move along nothing to see here

Discussion on ghosts and such and real or not... move alone nothing to see here.

Discussion on religion, where some of us live and the pledge of allegiance... move along nothing to see here.

Move along nothing to see here?... move along nothing to see here :P

It's my personal opinion that people would be happier if they weren't so not happy. :3

It's my personal opinion that people would be happier if they weren't so not happy. :3

Humanity thrives on conflict. Life would be dull if it were a utopia.

Humanity thrives on conflict. Life would be dull if it were a utopia.

Yep. Even in JAIL keeping you away from other criminals is a 'punishment'.

Intense moderation and strict measures are worse than no moderation.