Sign in to follow this  
Mattson

Lantern planting

i have recently taken over an abandoned mine...mined through a few cave-ins and i notice lamps planted. unfortunatly there not in the greatest spots. i think it would be nice to not only remove ones that you plant but also ones that others may have planted.

Sorry if its off deed I do not agree or people will go around collecting lamps of other peoples for there own use

yeah well 1. its wild..if u dont lock up your stuff than it is your fault...that is what i have been told by rolf in my years.

Sorry if its off deed I do not agree or people will go around collecting lamps of other peoples for there own use

Nono, youre mistaken - its deed or lose it

Even on Freedom.

Nono, youre mistaken - its deed or lose it

Even on Freedom.

Current rules on freedom is that if u didnt plant the lamp then u cannt take it unless on deed

I know, but the general rule is deed it or lose it, so its a bit odd to ask protection for an item left off-deed.

Not that I care for it to be changed, but Im just saying.

I agree on most things but if some one wants to make the roads of wurm more practical i have no problem with that and dont think that the rules that have been in play sense as far back as i remember (06) without a decent reason being able to remove lamps left behind because u dont like it shouldnt effect the game for everyone else

Yeah, but there is another problem, and that is abandoned lamps you want to get rid off.

You can go ahead and catapult into somsone's horse pen if it is ofdeed and kill all the animals inside, no problem.

Roads also aren't protected, anyone can go ahead and grab a shovel and tear up the cobblestones, but they cannot remove a street lamp that is in an abandoned mine - see what I mean?

Worst case I'm pretty sure you can destroy a lamp, and if abandoned it's most likely heavily decayed to begin with.

Its an eyesore certainly in the longrun. Personally if a planted lantern is offdeed, it should be fairgame for anyone who can get to it (obviously locked fences can be used offdeed). Perhaps add some min skill requirement like 20 digging to pick up a planted lantern.

I think if it's off deed, they should be able to collect, but on deed no. Even if off deed, then must have like, 1.5 times the original persons digging skill, or 2 times, or something like that

-1. Leave it the way it is.

Indeed, if the lamps is an "eye sore' off deed, spend the time destroying it, otherwise no.

Definitly a -1 from me also keep it the way it is get a maul if u realy dont like it

Definitly a -1 from me also keep it the way it is get a maul if u realy dont like it

Would be fine on wild and makes sense for that server but it does not make sense on freedom and i dont think it can be changed for one and not the other. If i am wrong on that then i appoligize.

qft -- yes I'm a Freedomer.

Would be fine on wild and makes sense for that server but it does not make sense on freedom and i dont think it can be changed for one and not the other. If i am wrong on that then i appoligize.

Ok yes im not on freedom but when there i believe if something is abandoned and someone would like to move a lantern then they should be able to get a CA or GM to move it for them only.

no thanks leave the lamps as they are....we dont need a fix for something (in my eyes) that is not broken.

-1. Leave it the way it is.

Indeed, if the lamps is an "eye sore' off deed, spend the time destroying it, otherwise no.