Sign in to follow this  
Guest Poonager

More freedom for non-premium priests

How far should the faith limit be increased?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How far should the faith limit be increased?

• To 40 faith
    • To 50 faith
    • No limit
    • Keep the limit at 30
    • Other limit (higher than 30)

IMO, basic priests are severely and unfairly limited. We can't reach past 30 faith, and so we can't cast tons of spells, such as Circle of Cunning, Burning Aura, and so forth. I think that the faith cap should be extended to at least 40, so we can do more spells.

Oh, and prems can't make high ql stuffies either, remove the cap! Honestly, your idea, while nice, reveals that you don't really get it: you're supposed to go prem, it's how Rolf makes a living. Be glad it isn't some system with two month trial end then poof.

A basic account is a free trial, a very generous free trial compared to most other games. More freedom for basic accounts (priests or otherwise) would be counter-productive.

No, 30 max. Basics is not paying anything. That is the privilege with premium, to have more skills/abilities. Before it wasn't able to become a priest as non-premium. So be happy what you have.

aye, i am all for removing non prem priests totally, but that's just me

the 30 faith cap is fine.

As a non-premium player with a priest character, I voted that 30 faith is enough.  It really isn't that limiting.  Non-premiums don't need Circle of Cunning, anyway, because it's not that hard to maximize your major skills.  All of my major skills have been 20 since a few weeks after I started.

aye, i am all for removing non prem priests totally, but that's just me

the 30 faith cap is fine.

Same

Actually, I WOULD have gone premium if it weren't for my parents, although is IS true what you all said above... oh well then

Actually, I WOULD have gone premium if it weren't for my parents, although is IS true what you all said above... oh well then

Then get a digging job, earn some silver, buy referrals. 8)

Then get a digging job, earn some silver, buy referrals. 8)

Which he can't use if he never had premium...

I know your situation... Through the entire last half of Gold 1 I was stuck as non-prem, not owning a credit/debit card and with noone who could pay. It's a frustrating situation (which I think Rolf needs to consider, seeing as he wishes to make Wurm appealing to a younger player-base), but you need to remember that it's just business: Wurm needs prems to survive, so nonprems must remain strictly limited as incentive to go prem.

i believe there used to be some people who bought people prem in exchange for in-game silver. Thats an option, too (though not a fantastically good one...)

/edit:

oh yes, and -1 for the suggestion too.

I want non premium priests removed completely.

Also you can just send a friend the money to buy you premium, I know a few people who do that.

with under 20 channeling, there's a good chance that circle of cunning will destroy what you're casting on anyway. Are there really people without bank accounts? I opened one when I was like 10.

Wasn't the faith cap raised kinda recently? To make non-prems have a taste of priesthood?

While it's true that this thread was ill-conceived, I think that all of you who are advocating removing non-premium priests should consider this; non-premium priests may be the only thing keeping many non-premiums from leaving (including myself).  Without non-premium priests, non-premiums can't get Wind of Ages tools.  Without Wind of Ages tools, the game is ridiculously difficult and boring (even more than it already is).  And without a non-premium player-base, Wurm will be a rather empty place.

if you want higher skills pay to play wurm isnt a charity rolf has to feed his family you know.

if you want higher skills pay to play wurm isnt a charity rolf has to feed his family you know.

He can go forage and botanise, a clay bowl and a fire and hey, he can feed them all to 40%.  If he has a frying pan a fish and a pumpkin and voila. 100% feeding :)

If you want all benefits for a priest, go prem!  This is not charity.

Without non-premium priests, non-premiums can't get Wind of Ages tools. 

Completely wrong, you can get them and you can even get them at a power which a lousy non-premium priest will never get. You might have to either pay coins or work for it, but that's how an economy works. X can't or doesn't want to make something but Y can, so X and Y trade or barter with each other.

The whole reason non-premium players are non-premium is because they can't afford to pay, so suggesting that non-premiums pay for Wind of Ages tools made by a premium player is completely missing the point.

The whole reason non-premium players are non-premium is because they can't afford to pay, so suggesting that non-premiums pay for Wind of Ages tools made by a premium player is completely missing the point.

The way I understand it the whole point of being a non-prem is to try out the game. I do not think the intention is for someone who cannot afford to pay premium to play a non-premium indefinately.

Nope, it is not missing the point, that is exactly the point why i put the "or work for it" in there.

You want some fancy WoA tools? I have work for you, Yehosh, at the Bravo Lima Lighthouse. Nothing hard, something that every non-premium can do, just a little digging, woodcutting, plankcutting and attaching. Something that takes you maybe 3-4h plus 30 minutes walk from NT. But you won't take this offer (i am 90% sure there), because you, like most other players in this game have the idea of making everything on their own and being able to do everything on their own. And this is what kills the economy and leaves Rolf with a ton of non-premium accounts who provide only serverlag.

You want full access to everything, pay for it. If you can't or don't want to pay cold coin then work for it. My offer stands.

edit: btw, the poll is missing an option "lower non-prem faith to 20"