Sign in to follow this  
Touche

New servers, Higher ceature counts?

It would be a delightful occurrence for everyone if this could be done.

Rolf mentioned it was a possibility in IRC.

and yeah it would be awesome.

<Kediec> Rolf , if it runs ok with no lag at peak time , will you be looking at increasing the animal count cap ?

<Rof> i guess

Do eeet!

Let creature count be dynamic influenced by current server population.

Thats not a bad idea. Also, split Aggro creature cap from non-aggro creature cap... so at there will at least be some aggros everywhere, instead of 90% of them on cliffs, in valleys or penned up. Also, aggros that are trapped/penned for long periods of time should bash walls/fences.

I hate seeing things like champ and greenish scorps penned, when you know they'd have the power smash the wall down really easy or step over it. A 10 foot scorp penned in a 2x1 (even 1x1 sometimes) by 3 foot walls and it being completely helpless is just silly. Especially when they can walk up almost vertical cliffs.  :P

It needs to be done yes but the animals that don't live on cliffs would soon become pets on sho in a farm.

<Kediec> Rolf , if it runs ok with no lag at peak time , will you be looking at increasing the animal count cap ?

<Rof> i guess

Do eeet!

Rof? ;)

I like how his response is "i guess". Which to me translates to "If I really have to...sheesh."

just make it so animals that arn't kept on deeds damage fences, and kill each other.

also set a population cap per deed dependant on size...... and dont tell us of the changes.... that way when our animals start breaking out and killing each other we will be just as supprised....

but seriously, im enjoying the lack of lag..... if raising the cap, brings the lag back dont change it.

Wow a valid suggestion that no one -1'd yet? i must be dreaming...

Rof? ;)

Wow a valid suggestion that no one -1'd yet? i must be dreaming...

I'd love a higher animal count, but I can't see it doing much good unless something is done to reduce the percentage of these new animals ending up in peoples' pens.

wouldn't mind see'ing a new trait though..... 'wild one' essentially cant be tamed even with a spell, cant be lead. so is always wild.... and unpenned un tammed ones have a 33% chance of spawning or 1 per 3 critters spawned.

wouldn't mind see'ing a new trait though..... 'wild one' essentially cant be tamed even with a spell, cant be lead. so is always wild.... and unpenned un tammed ones have a 33% chance of spawning or 1 per 3 critters spawned.

I think most breeders don't mind un-tameable horses, or any pets for that matter. The only occasions I ever tame horses is if I'm going somewhere and I know I might have to log off with it. Most of the animal congestion is likely caused by manual breeding, not tamed wild animals.

ya, essentially my idea was to spawn a creature that would be left to roam or be hunted....

One word, sinspawn.

However awesome that might be this isn't FFX.

But please add it anyway semi-uniques would be the