Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

Fatigue and why it should be changed.

Should more options regrading Fatigue and the ability to play the game be available to the players?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should more options regrading Fatigue and the ability to play the game be available to the players?

• Yes
    • No

Fatigue levels go down as you play and at some point if you play alot over a few days you will be unable to play or do many things.

Some actions like praying should not be fatigued yet you can't even do that when fatigued.

Perhaps there could be Fatigue powders like Sleep Bonus Powders at the cost of 1s per 5 hours.

All Fatigue does is let you play the game I think we pay enough per month as it is and extra fees to play when fatigued seem abit much.

As far as Fatigue being a reason to stop macros that's fine, but it should not stop people who pay premium from playing.

Maybe fatigue for Premium players could reduce by 1/2 as much or they could save up 24 hours instead.

Either way if it gets fixed great if it doesn't it sucks for paying customers to be told by the game sorry you can't play for at least 3 hours.

Players should not have to micro manage a macro function like  Fatigue in order to play the game.

Most of my fatigue was used up flattening.

I don't know how you are going to macro flattening very easily sooner later you will be running into something or done.

Another option could be part of the love path and refresh or a spell like the one called Wisdom of Vynora, but instead of switching Fatigue to Sleep Bonus it would take Sleep Bonus and Grant more Fatigue.

Anyhow I have another character with 90+ digging too I guess I can pay the 10s for a month and use that one.......

Another option could be part of the love path and refresh or a spell like the one called Wisdom of Vynora, but instead of switching Fatigue to Sleep Bonus it would take Sleep Bonus and Grant more Fatigue.

This is how you reply to nearly every suggestion. So how ya like it?

forget it I have my mom's guy :P she played two years..has decent skills too! :)

You guys can have your fatigue  ;D  enjoy it.

Oh and yes I still feel paying customers should have an option to get fatigue boosted back up or no fatigue at all.

If its to stop macros it fails...because there are none here.  And they would find a way around it using 5-10 accounts...to make money.

It hurts regular players the most.

Heres a Question if you're so worried about it why offer sleep powder or sleep bonus at all?

Wurm is very hard to macro regardless. Besides mining there arent a lot of repetitive predictable actions. Maybe digging dirt and dropping it again too.

forget it I have my mom's guy :P she played two years..has decent skills too! :)

You guys can have your fatigue  ;D  enjoy it.

Oh and yes I still feel paying customers should have an option to get fatigue boosted back up or no fatigue at all.

If its to stop macros it fails...because there are none here.  And they would find a way around it using 5-10 accounts...to make money.

It hurts regular players the most.

Heres a Question if you're so worried about it why offer sleep powder or sleep bonus at all?

Here's a question: how does sleep bonus encourage macroing?

I disagree with your suggestion because the fatigue limit and the regeneration rate are very well designed and allow any above-average grinder to play the game just fine and rarely reach the limit.

Even more, I think that sleeping powder should be removed from the game as you can basically buy skill, a concept which Rolf  stated that he opposes. So adding such an option for fatigue also it a step in the wrong direction.

As far as I know if your fatigue runs out you no longer gain skill, so even if you hit the limit it shouldn't prevent you from playing the game, but please correct me if i wrong.

Edit: It seems you guys acted on the first instinct and gave Protunia exactly what he wanted, gratz for becoming trolls like him.

I disagree with your suggestion because the fatigue limit and the regeneration rate are very well designed and allow any above-average grinder to play the game just fine and rarely reach the limit.

Even more, I think that sleeping powder should be removed from the game as you can basically buy skill, a concept which Rolf  stated that he opposes. So adding such an option for fatigue also it a step in the wrong direction.

As far as I know if your fatigue runs out you no longer gain skill, so even if you hit the limit it shouldn't prevent you from playing the game, but please correct me if i wrong.

I just see it as a limit that avoided unfortunate deaths of people playing wurm 3-4 days straight. and also offers some sort of cap on how much skill can one gain in a matter of days, for me the idea that its there to prevent macro-ing is irrelevant.

If it prevents people from playing then that should be changed.

SO who's macroing again?  and where are these macro's??

Yes, would the people who use macros please post their account name right here, also what kind of macros they use.

Really....

SO who's macroing again?  and where are these macro's??

Yes, would the people who use macros please post their account name right here, also what kind of macros they use.

Really....

'

So basically you agree that you should only be allowed to play for 8 hours a day if you pay?

So basically you agree that you should only be allowed to play for 8 hours a day if you pay?

I pay.

I play more then 8 hours a day if I want to.

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever had my fatigue drop to zero, in the 3 years I've played. Even mining for hours straight didn't get me there.

I'm not sure where you got the 8 hours from but I'm very curious what kind of action you're doing to reach it that fast.

I pay.

I play more then 8 hours a day if I want to.

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever had my fatigue drop to zero, in the 3 years I've played. Even mining for hours straight didn't get me there.

I'm not sure where you got the 8 hours from but I'm very curious what kind of action you're doing to reach it that fast.

I am flattening a big hill for the last  3 days.  basically just terra forming.

And at this point I have to wait about 2 hours to play 1 hour then wait 2 more hours....

I am not getting 8 hours a day all at once anymore.

Now its separated by 2 hours lol

Its not fun thats why I have grabbed another guy because  I need to get the work done this weekend.

Also your are making it so people have more alts and accounts so I guess its a $$+

Which is funny seeing as how people whine about too many alts and too many accounts as well. ;)

Youre just making nonsense here now. The alt problem isnt a problem, it is only a problem on wild when people use their own alts for fs.

People using alts to do work for them has never been a problem, youre making one now. You could also just hire a digger or ask someone to help you.

It makes sense that there is a system to prevent

A) Macroing

B) people playing themselves to death

Perhaps there has been a change to the code, because I have spent many 12+ hour days flattening hills and moving dirt to make 1-tile-wide ramps exclusively with flatraising and never encountered the fatigue timer.

This might be better off reported as a bug, rather than a suggestion.  If it is closed as working as intended, then maybe create it as a suggestion.

Been playing 3 years pretty much. High Mason with a lot of mining, terraforming and other heavy work constantly. I have no job for the last 2 years, and play a lot, sometimes 16 hours a day. I have yet to have the game tell me I am too fatigued to do anything.