Sign in to follow this  
Guest sore

Sticky Toolbelts

Just as the title says, what about a little lock/unlock icon on the screen so when you go to click you aren't moving it around the screen when you click and drag a little after?

And another suggestion is to have the tool belt remember what you have in the slots so that when you take it off to put armor on to kill something and then put it back on it remembers the last items you had there.

This would be a good implementation and wouldn't think it would take long to work into the game.

Yes please, and also keep it remember when you relog.

Also, the toolbelt disappears after relog, you need to re-equip.

Instead of the toolbelt being filled with your most-used tools, why not have some way of defining a number of tool sets, and save them to a  config file?

So I'm a potter, and I'm picking up leather working.  I might define two tool sets for use in my belt.  I'd drag and drop the appropriate tools for a given set onto my belt, right click the belt and click "Tool Sets>>Define Tool Set".  I'd be prompted for a name, say "Pottery", and this would be saved out to a config file (Set name and the GUIDs for each tool associated with that Tool Set).  Rinse and repeat for "Leatherworking".

Then, right-click the toolbelt again and choose "Tool Sets>>Select Tool Set".  I can choose from my predefined sets of tools.  If I'm not carrying the tools necessary for a given option it'd be greyed out.

I'd rather have the ability to have multiple toolbelts, and depending on which you are 'wearing' have it show the tools in that toolbelt

So the toolbelt contents needs to be serverside

As for the stickyness, i cant see why just the buckle should be used to move it and not the rest of the toolbelt. Also would be nice to see which slots can / cannot be used in the toolbelt

And another suggestion is to have the tool belt remember what you have in the slots so that when you take it off to put armor on to kill something and then put it back on it remembers the last items you had there.

How about allowing you to wear the toolbelt with your armor already on.... ;)

Tich, when you suggest multiple toolbelts, do you mean as an abstraction (like a set of tools) or that you'd have to pay your local friendly leatherfiddler for a second, third or fourth "physical" toolbelt?

Tich, when you suggest multiple toolbelts, do you mean as an abstraction (like a set of tools) or that you'd have to pay your local friendly leatherfiddler for a second, third or fourth "physical" toolbelt?

the second one. You would have to have more than one toolbelt

I suppose that makes sense.  If toolbelts are considered luxury items in terms of making the crafting interface better, then it's a real luxury to want to save contents and have multiple "quickbelt" settings.

I just wish us potters would get some lovin' in the same way!

It still baffles me that even after 14 years there's no lock for the tools, and some items like logs or lumps get removed from the tool belt if you remove them from your inventory.
These are the reasons I don't bother using the tool belt. If the tool belt isn't being worked on anymore by devs, how about having a toggle for single click activate item in inventory?

30 minutes ago, campus said:

It still baffles me that even after 14 years there's no lock for the tools, and some items like logs or lumps get removed from the tool belt if you remove them from your inventory.

There's multiple toolbelt configs so you can save one config and then move to another. And the logs and lumps are removed because they aren't in your inventory to activate, once you put them back in your inventory (the same one as it's defined by unique item ID) it will appear back. 

You can also bind activate to a key if that's easier for you as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

There's multiple toolbelt configs so you can save one config and then move to another. And the logs and lumps are removed because they aren't in your inventory to activate, once you put them back in your inventory (the same one as it's defined by unique item ID) it will appear back. 

You can also bind activate to a key if that's easier for you as well. 

Figured it had something to do with the IDs, but it could be implemented in a way that it checks if you got any logs/lumps in your inventory and uses the highest QL for example.
Thanks letting me know that binding "Activate" is possible! I will see if I can bind left click to activate.
I still have the issue where I accidentally drag the tools in the toolbelt to an other slot, which removes that item. Locking the window only prevents dragging the toolbelt GUI but as far as I know, there's no way to lock individual items.
Edit: Unfortunately it is not possible to bind left mouse button in vanilla wurm, third party program like "xdotool" might be able to do that though. Bind left mouse button something like shift+alt+ctrl+§ using xdotool so that it doesn't do anything in any other program and then bind that key combination to activate

Edit2: Xdotool doesn't seem to be possible either as it will mess up with key up/down, maybe it's possible with some complex chaining system, but not with my scripting skills.
It would need to be done within the client code, and it's still against ToS modding it, so only devs could ever implement such.
I can live with activate bound to "-" for the time being

Edited by campus