Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Artifacts

Yer a good DM Rolf, make some new cool affects or interesting uses ;D

Posteh those things are RARELY outside kyara I should know im the one locating them all day back when i had enough faith to cast the spell.

There should be incentive to use them often not once in awhile, they are sentient they should not like being couped up, like the Conra king.

If you let them choose there owners randomly and have a semi quick respawn time youll have alot of fun.

The problem is ofcorse the attempt to get them out of super fortress deeds or reinforced sanctuaries and out in the open.

The current system the artifacts are only used in the safety of their homes and back into their chest to rest

The current system the artifacts are only used in the safety of their homes and back into their chest to rest

The problem is ofcorse the attempt to get them out of super fortress deeds or reinforced sanctuaries and out in the open.

Give the scale the option of casting land of the dead, instantly that artifact is on par with the best spell and would be worth acquiring and being used more in pvp.

The ear is just useless no matter what. Increase the frequency it gives gems? I would much rather the ear would drop these items in the container it is in or in the inventory of the holder after a certain time frame tha shaking it every 3 hours. I could use salt for cooking or gems but at the moment I hardly get them and just shake the ear once or twice a day. My house is full of anaconda corpses.

Beef them and people will want to fight for them.

Also witht he loss of champs there its hard to locate them to know if there off deed and MR and no one in MR or JK can have a vynroa champ it seems so this would be a very hard way to achieve location of artifacts unless someone leaks or is given a chance to know

I mean there is no way to know if someone has an artifact in local unless you see or witness its effect - "maybe" add a marker to notify all around they are a "holder" so it is more easily noticed

Anyway you cannot get in kyara to get an artifact, they should respawn randomly and choose their owners.

When the artifacts were reset the first time MR was at its weakest state - times change

Anyway you cannot get in kyara to get an artifact, they should respawn randomly and choose their owners.

This round of artifacts was a completely level playing field as far as who could have retrieved them after Rolf respawned them.  They were all planted randomly in the ground, all factions had the locate arti spell, no?  Guess it's easier just to cry foul because one side made a massive effort and did great prep, used great teamwork to retrieve them.

Want 'em, come get them?  Curious Tony - if the artis were holed up in HoM, would you still be making the "respawn randomly" suggestion?  With the "Kyara" quote in there, I suspect not.

I always looked at it this way. Artifacts WANT to be used, and if they are not, they will seek out a new owner. Perhaps set something up like champ points, only different. An artifact has so many "points" when found, though these should probably not be visible, as who can divine the will of an artifact? Those points decay over time, and when they run out, the artifact vanishes or finds some other means to seek out a new owner. Points are gained by using the artifact in the manner it was intended.

Yes I would Duce, because if they respawn randomly it will be more  exciting for everyone. You never now how long you have it for or who the artifact is going to choose next as its temp owner. They will be used all the time, with cool interesting effect buff of course.

That would be alot of fun and excitement all the time for everyone, not just you or I, thats why it is a good suggestion.

EDIT- If you want to try to say an artifact is vulnerable to be captured at Kyara, maybe Rolf and everyone else should have a look at that deed. IMPOSSIBLE for realz

I like the suggestion that was put in the thread, it seems reasonable, as no one kingdom would be able to maintain them forever. I'm fairly sure the original intention of the orb of doom was not to collect dust in someones cupboard.

First way, revolutionary!

1)Read old topics about how hard it was to obtain artis and how much gems were burned

2)Look at the current propertiesof the artis

3)Adjust them so they will have some benefits in combat

4)Make that adjustments after you consult with major pvp names from Wild and testing it on the server

5)Push it to Wild

Second way, traditional

1)Listen to "some good guy" with some "good suggestion" from "some unknown kingdom"

2)Totally ignore others, read only the posts you like

3)Dont read the old topics and dont even try to understand what is Wild like

4)Reset artifacts because "its unfair we cant get em"

5)Make them stupidly powerful and unbalanced

6)Its still beta.

Rolf is the creator of Wurm, up to him to decide.

Make it so they have a timer once the artifacts are used just once, "awakening" it.  This way people cant just use it down to its last charge and sit on it forever.  If people want to sit on an artifact they should be able to.

JK still benefits from the fact they got all the artis awhile ago as they get to use them first and pick and choose which to use first, and MR gets a chance to hunt for them eventually after JK uses a charge.

They are impossible to obtain for Kyara, fact not fiction. If they are sentient they shold seek there owners not be held hostage in a deed for w/e reason.

When the artifacts were reset the first time MR was at its weakest state - times change

No one forced those people to use hacks and get banned, lol.  You really aren't going to try and justify that mess, are you, DS?  The people that got banned got everything they deserved.  It galls me when people try and pass off the banhammer wave that took out so many players as "disruptive to wurm, and unbalancing to my faction".  That was completely avoidable, and hit MR, JK and BL.  

Horton, you guys had just as many active locate capable casters at arti respawn time as we did.

You buff the artis, they will get more use.  You will also have people screaming bloody murder because people are out using these god like items and steamrolling the opponent when normally sans artis they would get dusted.

My suggestion for a method of respawning them is as follows:

Each artifact will respawn randomly between 10 - 30 days. In order to ensure the artifact stays in your control for longer the person in control with the artifact must use the artifact often. An example would be that if the artifact in not used it will respawn within 10 days of the artifact being found from it location in the wild. The opposite would also apply that if an artifact is used everyday it will respawn on the 30th day after being found in the wild.

I believe this is a more than fair system that allows for more useful artifact to remain in one's control longer. It would also require artifacts to be used frequently. For those who would like an artifact it increases the movement of artifacts between the factions as well.

And now JK is at its weaker state.

Your point?

So whats the argument here?  Why not try and evolve Wild into a more active server instead of keeping to the traditional idea that "changes are bad"

So whats the argument here?  Why not try and evolve Wild into a more active server instead of keeping to the traditional idea that "changes are bad"

First way, revolutionary!

1)Read old topics about how hard it was to obtain artis and how much gems were burned

2)Look at the current propertiesof the artis

3)Adjust them so they will have some benefits in combat

4)Make that adjustments after you consult with major pvp names from Wild and testing it on the server

5)Push it to Wild

Second way, traditional

1)Listen to "some good guy" with some "good suggestion" from "some unknown kingdom"

2)Totally ignore others, read only the posts you like

3)Dont read the old topics and dont even try to understand what is Wild like

4)Reset artifacts because "its unfair we cant get em"

5)Make them stupidly powerful and unbalanced

6)Its still beta.

Rolf is the creator of Wurm, up to him to decide.

What I was suggesting in IRC is that the non-PvP artifacts and the PvP artifacts should be linked together according to their Gods.

Magranon

Bronze Hammer

Steel Sword

Gold Crown of Might

For Magranon, the Hammer and Swords are tied to the Crown in usefulness. Basically, you have to use either the Hammer or the Sword in order to make the weapons useful, and vice versa (need to dominate something with the Crown in order to make the weapons useful). The timer on this could be perhaps two weeks and then the Crown is useless, then another two weeks after that all three artifacts are reset and places somewhere around the map. If someone finds the Crown, they get the Hammer and the Sword. If someone finds the Sword and the Hammer, they get the Crown. If one kingdom finds the Hammer, and another kingdom finds the Sword, then the Crown will fall into the hands of the person who kills the first person in an enemy kingdom (with requirements, read below). If one kingdom has the Hammer OR Sword and the Crown, then the Crown is still useful ONLY if the Hammer/Sword are used in PvP. Otherwise, the same rules as stated above apply, they'll become useless over time. If the enemy steals the Hammer, but only has the Sword, they get both the Hammer and the Sword (it appears at the Capital's token?). I'm not sure if I'm missing much, but it'd be interesting to say the least for Magranon.

The requirements for making the Crown useful is to kill an enemy with 70FS and >1050 rank, or someone with Battlemaster or Warlord titles, regardless of their current rank or FS.

Fo

Silver Finger

Gold Rod of Beguiling

Gold Charm

Fo will work in a similar way, but because none of the above artifacts are weapons, then the Silver Finger will be the determining factor for making the other two useful. In two weeks, if the Finger is not used in enemy kingdom (OR in the vicinity/local of someone who meets the Magranon requirements above in an enemy kingdom), the Rod and Charm become useless. In four weeks, if the Finger is not used in enemy kingdom, all three artifacts are reset. If the Finger is used after two weeks, but before four weeks, then all of the artifacts become useful again.

Vynora

Glass Mouth

Glass Ear

Glass Eye

Vynora will work in the same exact way as Fo, but the Mouth will be the prequisite instead of the Finger. Two weeks for uselessness, four weeks for reset.

Libila

Steel Sceptre

Glass Orb of Doom

Iron Scale

Libila will work EXACTLY the same as Magranon does, except the weapons are the Steel Scetpre and the Orb, and the non-PvP artifact is the scale. There are no benefits for using the Scale in PvP other than the ability to raise zombies. If you lose the Scale to an enemy, the Sceptre/Orb appear at the enemy kingdom's capital.

Overall Buffs

If you are of the same God as the weapon you are using, you get a +1CR bonus. All of the weapons currently need a buffing, perhaps increase their qualities to 95, and give them ALL 99 WoA, a damage modifier depending on their God (FA (Magranon), Venom (Fo), FB (Vynora), or RT (Libila)) and Human's Demise. Perhaps give them an increased 25-50% more damage than they do currently, and for the bashing weapons, make sure they do not lose their enchants when they are used to bash stuff.

Comments or suggestions to the above?

(Btw, 29 new replies, lol).

I like the suggestion that put in the thread, it seems reasonable, as no one kingdom would be able to maintain them forever. I'm fairly sure the original intention of the orb of doom was not to collect dust in someones cupboard.