Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Artifacts

So,

I received a good suggestion today regarding artifacts.

Artifacts are supposed to be

Powerful

Worth hunting and fight over

This suggestion included making them usable more often, but also time-limited and disappear in order to be searched again.

The suggestion would make them work as intended but of course the current holders would possibly be upset.

Comments?

In which case make some of them more powerful and useful, then people will fight over them.

Powerful

this is what artifacts should be.  making them time limited adheres to neither of these and sounds like its based in an ulterior motive.  you might want to consider your source

The people who have it will say no because of their greed, the people who don't have it but want it will say yes because of their greed.

In my opinion, the artifacts are not being used because currently as is, they are weaker than a weapon of equal quality but with 90+RT. There's no benefit to using them over other weapons because 90QL weapons are easy to make nowadays.

If the artifacts were buffed up reasonably then they definitely would be used in PvP. They have been used before in PvP, though not very recently because as I have said already, there's no point. Perhaps give them x2 damage or something if they're weapons? I don't know, something reasonable.

Indeed make them more pvp usable, however good idea on the whole.

make them also repawn once a month?

it would make the game more intresting for people trying to look for them every month

not just sitting on your deed grinding all day

also pretty much force pvp if you want the artifacts

So,

I received a good suggestion today regarding artifacts.

Artifacts are supposed to be

Powerful

This suggestion included making them usable more often, but also time-limited and disappear in order to be searched again.

The suggestion would make them work as intended but of course the current holders would possibly be upset.

Comments?

I like it.

The people who have it will say no because of their greed, the people who don't have it but want it will say yes because of their greed.

In my opinion, the artifacts are not being used because currently as is, they are weaker than a weapon of equal quality but with 90+RT. There's no benefit to using them over other weapons because 90QL weapons are easy to make nowadays.

If the artifacts were buffed up reasonably then they definitely would be used in PvP. They have been used before in PvP, though not very recently because as I have said already, there's no point. Perhaps give them x2 damage or something if they're weapons? I don't know, something reasonable.

I agree the artifacts should be use-based, as in a limited number of uses.  making them time based is a bit silly; sometimes just keeping your opponent from using them at all is a tactic (what if MR wanted to keep JK from doming the dragon for awhile? etc etc)

The only reason why I don't like it is because of how much of a pain in the rear 'Locate Artifact' is now. Currently, there's a 30 minute cooldown on a 1/12 chance you'll hit the artifact you're looking for. We have already gone through numerous artifact resets and unique respawns, so personally I don't see the need for respawning them again.

Buff them and I guarantee you they will start to be used in PvP. You can't force players to use them, but you can definitely encourage them by giving such rarities a tremendous buff.

Tell us the suggestion and what you think about it what you'll change it to then we'll leave better comments.

Question:

Why should they reset?

In any of them ancient myth stories and such, i've never heard of artifacts just going poof after set times. The idea was an army would come and raid a town in order to get these magical items to give them the special benefits.

The only reason this doesn't happen currently on wild is because the time and effort to raid Kyara (where most of the artis' are located i guess) is too much. But that is down to the current mechanics with dirt walls and longhouses, etc etc. This will be a lot different on Epic.

Take for example, the other week one of the artifacts was located at another deed, i think it was The Damned, a bunch of Mol-Rehan players? noticed this and tried to sneak quietly into Jenn-Kellon to raid the deed for the artifact, This possibily because it's an easier target to raid than Kyara as it doesn't have the super walls. Unfortunately they were chased off in the end. I think the problem is that they are mostly hauled up in a super fort. (i'm not saying thats a bad thing or anything).

Resetting the artifacts every X time could help boost a bit of pvp but some of them are not worth the effort to chase around every few months, The most useful ones are the dominating, taming and rebirthing artifacts (and possibly the gem spawner one).

Make them powerful and useful. Current holders will likely use them and lose them. If after they have been made powerfull they are not being used, you could start considering hiding them again. Removing them from current owners because they are not being used atm is unfair as almost all of them are pretty much useless right now.

The only reason why I don't like it is because of how much of a pain in the rear 'Locate Artifact' is now.

Question:

Why should they reset?

In any of them ancient myth stories and such, i've never heard of artifacts just going poof after set times. The idea was an army would come and raid a town in order to get these magical items to give them the special benefits.

The only reason this doesn't happen currently on wild is because the time and effort to raid Kyara (where most of the artis' are located i guess) is too much. But that is down to the current mechanics with dirt walls and longhouses, etc etc. This will be a lot different on Epic.

Take for example, the other week one of the artifacts was located at another deed, i think it was The Damned, a bunch of Mol-Rehan players? noticed this and tried to sneak quietly into Jenn-Kellon to raid the deed for the artifact, This possibily because it's an easier target to raid than Kyara as it doesn't have the super walls. Unfortunately they were chased off in the end. I think the problem is that they are mostly hauled up in a super fort. (i'm not saying thats a bad thing or anything).

Resetting the artifacts every X time could help boost a bit of pvp but some of them are not worth the effort to chase around every few months, The most useful ones are the dominating, taming and rebirthing artifacts (and possibly the gem spawner one).

Everybody will tell you to make the weapons and armor more powerful than non-artifacts, and you should absolutely do that.

I'm not on wild, but I do have a suggestion.

You could also make the non-weapon artifacts automatically disappear after some amount of time. Long enough so they are worth searching for, but short enough so they don't gather dust in a chest somewhere. Perhaps 3 months? If a kingdom knows they will lose an artifact in a few months, they are more likely to use it to gain an advantage in combat. This seems to be your intention, and I think it's a good idea.

The weapon and armor artifacts, on the other hand, could disappear a month after the last time they are used to kill a 60FS (70? 50?) player of an enemy kingdom.

make them also repawn once a month?

it would make the game more intresting for people trying to look for them every month

also pretty much force pvp if you want the artifacts

Again not very usefull to grind with as they have no coc so you gain wep skill slower than a player made wep...

If you want other kingdoms to be able to obtain them 'fairly' on the current 'broken server', make it so a town can only have X amount of artifacts (Captial Towns can hold X more), they would be distributed to other less defendable towns. It would also give kingdoms a better bond as they would be more willing to defend the weaker towns in order to keep hold of the artifacts.

Obviously the artifacts would be moved to the most secured towns right away, but each town has different flaws which the enemy can breach.

But yeah, i don't think the resetting timer is a great approach, and the use of some artifacts should be changed in order to try and raid them (ie: the blessing rod)

Rolf,

Let us know who suggested this to you. You should always give the name of the one suggesting these things.

And like Norad said, the people who want their enemies to get the artifacts taken from them will suggest these ideas in hopes you go through with it and get the artifacts taken away from their enemies so they'd see it as a win. Kinda like they cant loot them themselves so they get you to.

Pretty lame isnt it?

I do agree artifacts should be more powerful then perhaps they'd be used more in pvp and therefore they would exchange hands more often since people would use them then die with them and their enemies would loot the artifacts. Where as now almost all of the artifacts are useless.

You do not need to add a timer where they are re hidden in the world due to them being used as I said.

If the artifacts were useful, people would use them. If people used them, they'd lose them and in turn the artifacts would change hands around the server.

Make them powerful and useful. Current holders will likely use them and lose them. If after they have been made powerfull they are not being used, you could start considering hiding them again. Removing them from current owners because they are not being used atm is unfair as almost all of them are pretty much useless right now.

The problem with just saying "make them more powerful" (which he should do) is that some of the artifacts aren't PvP-related and so would not be used in PvP. How are those going to be redistributed if they never leave a well-fortified deed?

perhaps have it so it gives a x2 or maybe x2.5 damage bonus on the weapons, and a similar bonus with the defensive items. however upon death the artifact will be dropped no matter what (res stone or otherwise) that way they would be used in pvp by the more stronger folk (so they arent easily lost) however they have to prove their worth as once noticed they will be targetted more so. this would help the artifacts change hands alot more hopefully and make them much more use. perhaps being able to cast on the artifacts as well could be of use? however instead of shattering the item it is simply respawned (for casting uses the basis of a 40ql item for shatter rate?)

look guys we have now beceom dechamp also why not becoem reset atrefact that birng more pvp to search the artefacts