Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Artifacts

What is the mechanic that is broken here? What is bugged? What feature isn't working correctly? None, it's fine.

You're abusing Rolf's "working as intended" line for your own purposes in an attempt to bring him onto your side. The code behind artifacts is sound and functional.

If Rolf believing JK having all the artifacts is bad (or you believe it's bad), then say that. Don't mince your words. Let me quote myself from a previous page:

I'm sure the artifacts were "worked as intended". They were reset and randomly and evenly distributed around the map. Anything other than that doesn't even have any possibility of "unintended", the game story is player-written.

If you're jealous and want your share of the artifacts, say that, I'm fine with that. But I won't let you get away with saying something is unintended, because it's apparently only unintended when you say it is.

So now you know what Rolf means when Rolf says something, even when what he said is clearly different from what you believe it to mean.

You and I know with 100% certainty that Rolf doesn't want artifacts to gather dust in the bottom of a chest in Kyara.

An attempt to change artifacts so they would actually be dynamic, useful items that someone other than JK leadership could use was implemented and the JK whinesquad went into fullblown emailmode.

I'm not jealous, I want a balanced game.  There's a very large difference.

Unfortunately, for as long as Rolf listens to people who want a static game, his desires for a dynamic game will be unfulfilled.

This thread is effectively of no further help to the topic for which it was made.  Locked.