Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

Cows

Can probably just tweak some of the existing traits for cows; however, new traits will probably be needed for some deals.

+1

No nerfs in here at all. I like that!

1. Super white blood sells, Need a disease resistance trait.

2. Magic metabolism, How about a trait to reduce its needed food intake?

Great Idea. I'd like (eventually) to have a unique list for every major animal type of only traits that are appropriate for that animal: Horses to be bred for speed, cows for hides/milk/meat, chickens that lay more eggs, bears with sharper teeth.

1. Super white blood sells, Need a disease resistance trait.

Trait 40: "It looks unusually strong and healthy."

Thats a horse trait. and its: "40 skill: "It looks unusually strong and healthy." (Has a higher resistance to disease) "

I do not want a common pool for all traits applicable to all animals. From an earlier post I think you agree with that.

Basically if cows can get horse traits, the common pool approach, then the chance of getting something useful would get reduced with every new set of animal specific traits. That is a nerf!, no nefs!

1+ i'd like a white cow :)  Should still include traits like Feeble, healthy, and fierce/tough ones.

Aye...a cow specific set might include something like:

+"It will fight fiercely."

+"It is very large." (More Meat and Milk)

+"It is a tough bugger."

+"It has a very healthy hide" (lower difficulty on hide butcher/better ql hide)

+"It looks unusually strong and healthy." (not "super white blood cells"  ::))

-"It is unusually strong willed." (Randomly refuses to follow)

-"It is particularly scrawny." (Less Meat)

-"It has some illness." (No Milk)

-"It looks constantly hungry."

-"It looks feeble and unhealthy."

bump

Unique names, if that hasn't been said already. Its difficult to track cows when they all have same name.

*It looks like it would give very little milk. (Decreased milk yield.)

I like the ideas here.

Some things to consider;

As allready said, Unique names would likley be a requirement or expectation. this will help people keep track of their special breeds. Names should be unique from horse names.

Also, we should not forget about the bull. There will need to be some special considerations as with traits for cows vs bulls... I don't think I need to explain this much further... but maybe the trait that makes cows give move milk would do something else for a bull.

there should be traits for fighting, these would work for both Cows and Bulls... but I would think there might be a bonus fighting trait for a bull simply because of the possibilities with Horns and such. (not this is not meant to start a discussion of male vs female and which is better...)

Lastly, this idea could be somewhat expanded and passed onto any creature that can be riden. I can see no reason to limit this to domestic animals. This is Wurm not Earth, and if we can tame and ride a bear, then we should be able to bread a them to better assist us on our travels.

I think this would be great if every type of domestic creature had it owns set of traits too (dogs, pigs, etc.).

since the discussion popped up again in S&I I vote a Pig

+1 MOOOOO for this.

If i could add one animal for work on here, it would be a camel. you could travel through stel without getting seen and you could harvest water from a camel corpse.....jk. Lol but good idea with the cows.