Sign in to follow this  
Dannyiron

Good hunting places? A classic.

Where are the best hunting spots on Freedom? I'm always interested in going places and fighting creatures, and I'd very much like to know where the best spots are, as I'm sure many people do :)

They're in the area around Dragonfang and east, west, south and north somewhat.

If we went and posted the best spots on the forums (or publicly for that matter), would they still be the best spots?

Food for thought.  ;)

I ask around but nobody ever has definite answers, so I wondered how else to ask :) Can always be PMed you know ;) hehe.

Hmm, never been there Urman, sounds like I'm missing out. Thanks!

Still some nice spots to hunt over in the east, but i've noticed an increase in players settling near these hunting spots so they're becoming worse and worse :(

Still some nice spots to hunt over in the east, but i've noticed an increase in players settling near these hunting spots so they're becoming worse and worse :(

If you're prepared to travel a bit there's still a few good spots. I usually hunt over east, but more deeds has seen a massive drop in spawns recently and I've turned my attentions elsewhere.

Maybe You should sell people access to your champ scorpions farm. It's not like it's not decaying.

Elysian Bay in the south-east corner, and more specifically the tundra mountain there.

You need a ship to access the northern ramp, where (as far as I know) the only path up is located. I haven't been there in a few months, but it's a good spawning place of trolls and scorpions. For the beginning fighter, there are (hardened) mountain lions and goblins.

The steppe to the east of Elysian bay spawns lots of cattle (cows/bulls), trolls, wildcats and horses.

They are becoming few and far between as explained by the graphs http://freedom001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/creatures.html

Note the nearly 10% drop in aggros in the last week, this trend is accelerating.

This is not a hunting vs. farming comment, just information for the Devs if they haven't noticed.

For the flamers: do not tell me to travel to hunt as that is exactly what I do.

Elysian Bay in the south-east corner, and more specifically the tundra mountain there.

You need a ship to access the northern ramp, where (as far as I know) the only path up is located. I haven't been there in a few months, but it's a good spawning place of trolls and scorpions. For the beginning fighter, there are (hardened) mountain lions and goblins.

The steppe to the east of Elysian bay spawns lots of cattle (cows/bulls), trolls, wildcats and horses.

Only on a good day, I'm there all the time and it's mostly empty nowadays. Far more hunters visiting and deeds popping up locally.

Personally, I've found the NE better these days.

All the lesser known spots I used to hunt seem to have been discovered in recent weeks.  I used to be one of the folks who would say "get away from the population centres, and you'll find things to kill" but even the lesser populated areas are getting thin, now.

Hey, stay away from my hunting places.

Freedom is getting too crowded.

New prem only pve server please.

Where are the best hunting spots on Freedom? I'm always interested in going places and fighting creatures, and I'd very much like to know where the best spots are, as I'm sure many people do :)

it's a secret, can't tell ya ;D