Sign in to follow this  
Doughboi

inquiring minds want to know

Will you be dropping your champs if the current idea is implemented?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be dropping your champs if the current idea is implemented?

• Yes
    • No

If the proposed 'champion points' system is implemented, both my characters will be de-champing - I don't mind PvP'ing here and there, but the proposed 'champion points' system will make keeping your character champion a full time job if you play by the rules, or a exploit fest otherwise. Neither are desirable for me.

Unfortunately I think these changes are going to encourage the game to be more of a exploit fest, as it's going to be incredibly easy to keep a champion if you game the system, but neigh on impossible to keep a champion if you play it properly.

Unfortunately I think these changes are going to encourage the game to be more of a exploit fest, as it's going to be incredibly easy to keep a champion if you game the system, but neigh on impossible to keep a champion if you play it properly.

With merely 9 people standing in the spotlight on stage, a GM can easily see if abusage is done or not.

With merely 9 people standing in the spotlight on stage, a GM can easily see if abusage is done or not.

It should be, but anyone who has played on wild for a while will tell you that certainly won't be the case. Can? sure. Will? treading into unknown waters :)

My champ will take up the peaceful life of priesting ( was only a casting champ ). On a personal note, i for one will be glad to see the new changes (or the removal of champs altogether( a better option i think)). This process tho needs to be done carefully, existing champs should get a de-champ to normal character type option. Remember guys you enjoyed the game before you champed will falling down the vine somewhat back to merely super instead of super hero status harm our fun that much?

As said oft times in Dwarf Fortress, Losing is fun.

Looks like Rolf is gonna be losing a lotta premium payments  ::)

Looks like Rolf is gonna be losing a lotta premium payments  ::)

Only time can tell how many were serious and how many were just shooting with blanks. Though with Wurm's current growth premium wise I doubt it will be more then a minor dent. Freedom gained another 150 this month, which is over 20% of Wild's population to start with  ::)

My champ will take up the peaceful life of priesting ( was only a casting champ ).

that is exactly what most Vynora champions will become...

Looks like Rolf is gonna be losing a lotta premium payments  ::)

boy, that will happen only if community decides that enchants are no longer needed....

otherwise see above  ::)

My champ will take up the peaceful life of priesting ( was only a casting champ ).

that is exactly what most Vynora champions will become...

Looks like Rolf is gonna be losing a lotta premium payments  ::)

boy, that will happen only if community decides that enchants are no longer needed....

otherwise see above  ::)

Yup, that's just what Wurm needs to create a real community.  A class of characters that nobody bothers playing as mains because they suck so badly that it beggars one's capability to describe.  I'm so happy that Rolf has forced people to hold onto more alts rather than fix the game so people will want to actually play those characters as mains.  Kudos.

Yup, that's just what Wurm needs to create a real community.  A class of characters that nobody bothers playing as mains because they suck so badly that it beggars one's capability to describe.  I'm so happy that Rolf has forced people to hold onto more alts rather than fix the game so people will want to actually play those characters as mains.  Kudos.

...  ;)  ;D

dont want to play priest dont play it. but stop speaking with forked tongue.

This was inappropriately removed earlier, when it was clearly directly on point for the discussion on Champions in this thread.

Manny, if you want to remove this again, please have Oracle look at it, because it is 100% on point to this discussion.

Thanks.

There are so many things wrong with how the crafting and PVP and religion systems go together that naming them all is difficult.  Every time Rolf changes things, he breaks them even worse.  In this case, he relented and made a microscopic fix to priests which will at least let them make their own altars.

It is very obvious by a prior colossal blunder (PVP on home servers) that his vision of Bloodshed Online is not shared by the people that play his game.

Instead of listening to the two dozen people who play his game for PVP reasons, he should listen to the several hundred MORE who play it for the reason that makes it different.

PVP on wild is a great idea, because it gives crafters a REASON to make things.  If gives Terraformers a REASON to push themselves to create defensive works or siegeworks.  It gives people a reason to push to create the best gear, and have the best enchants.

Then we have priests, who are garbagetastic for anything other than praying and farming.  Gee.  That class surely fits.

Then we have champs which can do everything - of course any priest with the brain cells of an amobea would champ as soon as possible if they had a secure base of operations.

Then, YEARS later, after mumbling a bit but never changing anything, Rolf cuts the legs out from underneath some of the best crafters on Wild, forcing them to destroy years of casting skillgain, and giving them the "choice" of becoming casters, or useful members of their community.

you dont want to loose crafting champion - its obvious. it was obvious since your second reply on the 50page thread.

its a bit hard pressed on logic, but how could always everything get worse, if! in the past there was nothing!!!

this not an argument.  if something is going to become worse it must be created first, be better then nothing...

this cannot just always get worse. imposible due to existence issue.

you dont want to loose crafting champion - its obvious. it was obvious since your second reply on the 50page thread.

its a bit hard pressed on logic, but how could always everything get worse, if! in the past there was nothing!!!

this not an argument.  if something is going to become worse it must be created first, be better then nothing...

this cannot just always get worse. imposible due to existence issue.

If you ever want to get anything changed, you can't just ignore what's wrong.  The whole priest crap should have been dealt with years ago, but Rolf chose to implement champs in a way that allowed priests to bypass the absurd restrictions.  So they did.  For years.  Then Rolf chose out of the blue to actually do something about the "problem" of people playing his game to have fun.

How has it gotten worse?  Here's how it's gotten worse.

1)  First, everyone could do everything if they had the skills.  Smiths were pretty much all vyn priests, etc.

2)  Rolf overreacted and created priests, a broken class that almost nobody played as mains, but a lot of people kept them as alts.

3)  Rolf overreacted and created champs with limited lives, but with no crafting restrictions.  People immediately began champing priests to make them playable, and only rarely were they seen in PVP because they were basically just priests that could craft.

4)  Champs were not fighting enough, so he broke PVP by making it more attractive to champ, and giving champs too much power.

5)  Now, years after step 2/3, Rolf fixes the PVP aspect of champs fairly decently, but leaves priests mostly broken and with no real outlet.

If part 5 had taken place within a couple months of #2/3 then there wouldn't be as much of a problem, but there have been people casting and crafting for YEARS now, enjoying the game as Rolf had designed it, and Rolf basically just kicked them all in the head and took his ball and went home.

Personally, if Rolf wants Champs to be rare war heroes, I think that Champs should have the restrictions that priests used to have, and priests should be able to craft.  Let the people who truly like PVP and have no real interest in crafting fight amongst each other for champ status.  Make there be a penalty or limitation of some sort on priest crafting.  But the whole concept of priests being the quadraplegics that they currently are is absurd.

This is not about priests for the 1000th time now. You have a fail topic on the suggestion board o stick to that please.

People stuck untold amount of money and time in to a champion and now it is gone when there were other methods that could of been coded in.

This is not about priests for the 1000th time now. You have a fail topic on the suggestion board o stick to that please.

People stuck untold amount of money and time in to a champion and now it is gone when there were other methods that could of been coded in.

You cannot separate priests and champs in any realistic solution to this situation.  Sorry if you can't see that.

Back on topic here. http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0 lots of ex-champ sells. I'm letting mine rot inactive btw.

And people will probably end up buying them. What's the topic of this thread again? I thought it was to see how many people would threaten to make their accounts inactive because of a change in the game during BETA.

Don't know what game you have been playing but I remember it going Gold right at the end of BETA some 5 years ago.