Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Upcoming changes to champions

None of that makes sense.  You are pulling an argument about stat gains from nowhere.  If you want stat gains, you can get the same from item creation or resource gathering or cow-bashing that you can get from improvements.  You are also trying to make some strange argument that keeping priests atrocious will have some sort of beneficial effect for the advancement of noobs.  This is a sandbox game that's been running for years.  There is absolutely no escaping the fact that some players are going to be more powerful than other players, higher skills, higher stats, etc.

poor Rolf is probably skimming this and when he comes back 20 pages fly by

None of that makes sense.  You are pulling an argument about stat gains from nowhere.  If you want stat gains, you can get the same from item creation or resource gathering or cow-bashing that you can get from improvements.  You are also trying to make some strange argument that keeping priests atrocious will have some sort of beneficial effect for the advancement of noobs.  This is a sandbox game that's been running for years.  There is absolutely no escaping the fact that some players are going to be more powerful than other players, higher skills, higher stats, etc.

Stat gain is based on time spent crafting, not by how much you gain. If you spend 5 hours mining rock with a 1QL 99c pickaxe, you gain the same amount of stats as you would if you mined with a 99QL 99WoA pickaxe for 5 hours. There's no difference in stat gain. And yes this is a sandbox game, but it does need to be fair. It is unfair to have people who have played the game for three years with tons of 90 skills to all of a sudden go "Hey! I can Priest now but still make 90QL Drake, Arrows, Shields, and Weapons!" You should have to chose from one or the other, NOT being able to reap both of the benefits of those of either a Priest or a Non-Priest. It's fine to have those crafting skills as a Priest, but being able to use them as well as being able to kill people with fire coming out of your . is just not fair to anyone. Priests need to stay limited, otherwise I guarantee you EVERYONE who isn't a champ will become a Priest and screw this game's fighting system up even moreso than it already is. Don't even mention how it would affect Freedom. You'll see a decline in subscriptions on both servers for Rolf as you wouldn't need all these alts anymore. You'd see people like Thorgot (sorry for using you) Vynora priesting after he's already got nearly 90 in everything that has to do with Carpentry and crapping out 90QL 90 WoA 90 CoC mallets like it's nothing. The economy in both in-game and out-of-game would screw up badly, and Wurm would lose a lot of customers. We don't need this change.

No to allowing Priests to craft.

So you have confirmed that statgain is a non argument because I can make spoons, arrow heads, shafts, pottery, etc in mass numbers and toss them in trash bins to get stats, OK we agree that the argument is meaningless.  One argument down.

So what if you can do almost everything on one character.  You can already do it on two characters, and no matter what rolf tries to do, you are not going to stop people from having multiple characters if they want.

EVE online seems to be really struggling.  I mean allowing everyone to learn any skill they want is really hurting them a lot, right?

I can agree to some limitations.  A moderate to strong experience reduction, or a limited number of skills that are player choosable would be fine.  Right now this priest argument is important because the champ proposal of Rolf's is going to force a lot of people back into being priests.

Right now this priest argument is important because the champ proposal of Rolf's is going to force a lot of people back into being priests.

They don't have to stay priests.

And if they are Man/Woman enough they can stay priest and Champ up again some day.

Right now this priest argument is important because the champ proposal of Rolf's is going to force a lot of people back into being priests.

And if they are Man/Woman enough they can stay priest and Champ up again some day.

I want you to use your priest right now to go and exorcise two white light altars please, Protunia.  That's basically what Rolf is going to be telling crafting champs with years of time both crafting and casting to do.

Until you do that, anything else you say here on the topic of champions is meaningless

Farmerbob, in all honesty create your own thread about priests and let this discussion be about champs and how to solve the problem with them.

Thanks in advance.

50 pages of pure wasted time. Just get rid of champs altogether.

+1  If its going to be that much of a problem then perhaps they should all just die.

I want you to use your priest right now to go and exorcise two white light altars please, Protunia.  That's basically what Rolf is going to be telling crafting champs with years of time both crafting and casting to do.

Until you do that, anything else you say here on the topic of champions is meaningless

OMG! rolf try to force CHAMPIONS OF THE GODS to actually act like CHAMPIONS OF THE GODS AND FIGHT and not just some alt spewing out enchants and items on a deed?

OH NO, THIS CANT BE ALLOWED!

[/sarcasm]

I want you to use your priest right now to go and exorcise two white light altars please, Protunia.  That's basically what Rolf is going to be telling crafting champs with years of time both crafting and casting to do.

OMG! rolf try to force CHAMPIONS OF THE GODS to actually act like CHAMPIONS OF THE GODS AND FIGHT and not just some alt spewing out enchants and items on a deed?

[/sarcasm]

If you haven't even read enough of this thread to recognize that I do not have a problem with reducing the number of champs *provided that priests are made into viable main characters for more than half a dozen people* than please at least skim the arguments before commenting again.

If you haven't even read enough of this thread to recognize that I do not have a problem with reducing the number of champs *provided that priests are made into viable main characters for more than half a dozen people* than please at least skim the arguments before commenting again.

And you haven't read enough of this thread to realize priests are fine just as they are. Take your nonsensical bs somewhere else, and let that people who actually want to discuss champs, discuss champs.

[/sarcasm]

You want a character with no restrictions except some penalty to how quick they can level up.

This would result in 1 billion priests on wild.

I'm sorry to say but you play a beta game.

Anything you lose after "working hard for it" is completely unrelated to a games development.

You are merely a tester.

Paying or not... Thats still what you are.

You pay to test the game and play it during its development phase.

Rolf should do changes acording to whats best for the future of his game and his vision of it.

Not do changes to appease a small crowd of the current players.

Ignore yourself and think for the future.

Wanna make money Rolf? Don't worry about pissing off these old farts. They ain't quitting this game. Get rid of champs. Let them dechamp and keep some of their religion skills...no matter how much crying some of these idiots do. Now you've got everyone on the hook with a crafting account, and a priest account. We call that double dipping over here in the States. Or just let priests craft and double the subscription fee for a month. <----that ought to set off the Pavlovian response heavily in here LOL.

You are just pi$$ing in the wind here Rolf. These cry babies can't help themselves but to make a 50 page thread of pure whine.

And you haven't read enough of this thread to realize priests are fine just as they are. Take your nonsensical bs somewhere else, and let that people who actually want to discuss champs, discuss champs.

It is obvious to anyone with a mind and the interest in actually paying attention to the meaning of an argument that champs and priests are linked in this argument.

If Rolf's original idea is implemented with no fix for priests, then people are going to suffer extreme losses to their characters that have been around for years.

If Priests are fixed reaonably, then Rolf's changes are fine by me.  I think they will need a lot of tweaking, but the idea is sound.

If priests are not fixed and Rolf's changes are implemented, there are a bunch of long term loyal customers of Rolf's who are going to suffer severe damage to their characters.  YEARS worth of legitimately gained skills lost.

[/sarcasm]

You want a character with no restrictions except some penalty to how quick they can level up.

This would result in 1 billion priests on wild.

I'm sorry to say but you play a beta game.

Anything you lose after "working hard for it" is completely unrelated to a games development.

You are merely a tester.

Paying or not... Thats still what you are.

You pay to test the game and play it during its development phase.

Rolf should do changes acording to whats best for the future of his game and his vision of it.

Not do changes to appease a small crowd of the current players.

Ignore yourself and think for the future.

It's not about me, it's about balance, and it's about the game itself.

Priests are broken, and Rolf is about to force a bunch of people back into being priests.

My character?  I'll just depriest.  Other characters won't have such an easy decision.

What this is actually likely to cause to happen, is the short term creation of a bunch of new alts, then people getting tired of paying for yet more accounts and dropping away from the game.

1 point lost per 6 hours play time

Thats horrible, its like saying You play too much, GTFO.

It's not about me, it's about balance, and it's about the game itself.

Priests are broken, and Rolf is about to force a bunch of people back into being priests.

My character?  I'll just depriest.  Other characters won't have such an easy decision.

What this is actually likely to cause to happen, is the short term creation of a bunch of new alts, then people getting tired of paying for yet more accounts and dropping away from the game.

What a crock of BS.  Ok so now you are trying to help all those other poor souls out there....??  ::)

Classic Trollian move bait and switch! ;D

Wanna make money Rolf? Don't worry about  off these old farts. They ain't quitting this game. Get rid of champs. Let them dechamp and keep some of their religion skills...no matter how much crying some of these idiots do. Now you've got everyone on the hook with a crafting account, and a priest account. We call that double dipping over here in the States. Or just let priests craft and double the subscription fee for a month. <----that ought to set off the Pavlovian response heavily in here LOL.

You are just pi$$ing in the wind here Rolf. These cry babies can't help themselves but to make a 50 page thread of pure whine.

You're very wrong there. A lot of money will be lost.

Farmer bob start your own thread on priests and the freedom people posting who don't play on wild and don't have a champ account should leave your opinions for something that relates to freedom and not wild.

gaw..  lotsa pages.  skimmed some.  appologies if I restate.

I've been at lots of raids / border battles the last year or so.

At most of those battles there have been 2-3 enemy champs and many mag priests sped to 70+ faith by sermons.  The sermon "exploit" has now been removed but afaik the faith they gained was not.

So...  not sure how this is going to change my battlefield at all.

But yeah, I'll be saving some money by tossing my Vyn champ.

If champs change with what Rolf has planned I as well as many others will be dropping those accounts. What use is a non-casting alt which is 3+ years in the making worth to me if it can't do what it was made for? I'll let it rot along with a lot of other people that will do the same.

Yeah the account has some good skills I will miss but honestly I would rather grind them on my main and save that money for maybe another MMO which I hear a lot of people talking about going to Xyson with these changes, maybe this will be the final straw for a lot of people?

I believe 50 pages is enough for this subject at this time.

Now everyone go back to their corners and recover from this boxing match while Rolf and the Dev team consider this issue and your passionate suggestions and options.