Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

Change to deed permissions, roles, and alliance settings.

that might be too complex, not to use, but to add with the current interface. Ideally something like that would work very well, but as allways, its a matter of balancing additional functionality with the time needed to change the GUI, Interface, and server side to handle the changes. I'd have to let someone who works with the code say yes or no as to how hard that would be to do, but my first reaction based on how all other menus and dialouges work within wurm is that its a drastic change to how the game handles passing info back and forth.

hmmm....

A client request the current deed info + which edit options are available to the character. Using this info a client sided deed menu system open up with all info displayed.

In other words: before the menu for the person pop up a request for info is done similar to the request for settlement info we have atm:

Freedom%20market.png

edits and changes etc are all client sided in the menu and does not take effect untill the apply button is pressed upon which all actions are sent in order to the server.

So...

Check info.

Info is used in a client sided menu system.

Only when the apply button is pressed the changes will be sent back to the server.

(it sends all changes in one go... pretty much like having settlement permissions menu up and guard menu at once and doing changes to both in a short timespan)

How much work the additional stuff like allowing people to mine veins of quality X takes is something i dont know... but the menu system in itself doesnt sound like too much work.

(it sends all changes in one go... pretty much like having settlement permissions menu up and guard menu at once and doing changes to both in a short timespan)

that doesnt actually wurk (the mis-spelling is intentional)

any dialoge that pops up after another one takes priority, trying to send the changes from the old one will give "You answered an old question. It has timed out over 15 minutes or been replaced by a more recent."  which is what makes me think multiple tabs might cause problems.

that doesnt actually wurk (the mis-spelling is intentional)

any dialoge that pops up after another one takes priority, trying to send the changes from the old one will give "You answered an old question. It has timed out over 15 minutes or been replaced by a more recent."  which is what makes me think multiple tabs might cause problems.

Ah i see.

Well in that case, if changes are made the following pop up before switching tab:

Switch%20tab.png

(1337 paint skills once again, lol)

iow: switching "tabs" actually closes down the previous menu and opens up a new one.

yet it will gives the appearance of working in tabs though and is userfriendly ^_^

edit: actually... that thing cant popup since it will be classified as a new dialogue... lol.

annoying.

Oh well, gotta go with the OPs layout then i guess. :)

i read re-read and honestly can't believe my eyes a good idea from the wurm comminity.... what next notch comming back to do a map...

+1 to the idea and +1 to spellcast for suggesting it AND showing a way it could work.

What is the difference between mine rock and tunnel? does thatmeans i cant do the last mining action? if tunnel isnt allowed?

there should be a mine floor/ceilings permission.

Very nice suggestion! We definitely need that extra granularity in permissions, especially with all the little nuances of daily 'Wurm society' issues.

Only hitch - You might want to hire a 'spell'checker for the final version... just saying...

tunnel is the act of opening a new mine entrance to connect the surface to the mine layer

mine rock / mine ore is the difference between mining a vein, or just mining on rock WITHIN the mine layer.

a mine floor/celing option could also be added.  the permission options i chose were simply representative of the idea, not neccesarily intended to be the only options availible.

As for the spelling, i cobbled together the mockups to show the concept, and yes, i made a few spelling mistakes since i did it in paint in about 20 minutes tops.

Hmmm, my sarcastic-barbed jibes must be getting dull and rusty... Ah well, time to re-imp them!

Seriously though, I was just joking - I don't expect mock-ups to be type perfect. The suggestion is very sound, and the only changes that I would expect would come from tweaking the exact permissions (which would be an on-going affair anyways given that such things are prone to change) and minor visual layout nudges to suit most folks fancies.

(Though I do still wonder - what is a 'gaurd'? A guard that has been goaded into a goring by a gourd, perchance?)