Sign in to follow this  
Xsamuraizx

Enchanted Horse Shoe

Horse Shoes - Note: Only one WoA shoe per horse is needed to make it faster

from Budda's thread.

Does this mean we only need one high ql horse shoe with high power enchant and the rest of the horse shoes can be low ql and non-enchanted?

Or all need to be high ql but at least one needs to be enchanted to get the full effect of the speed bonus?

IDK but if it is true im sure it is not intended, anyone report the bug?

Why does it have to be a bug? Do the devs even know what is intended in this game?

from what i noticed

50ql - .24kmh boost

70ql - .24kmh boost

90ql - .24kmh boost

50woa - .24kmh boost

70woa - .24kmh boost

90woa - .24kmh boost.

For the saddle, a different thing is used.

50-70-90ql are also triggers of a higher percentage of getting a speed boost and determining how long it lasts.

Same if you get a woa cast of 50-70-90

The woa on the horse shoes, and the quality will always trigger.

the biggest boosts is when your horses gets the natural speed bonuses.

So yes, you only need one horse shoe to get a faster horse, but its only going to be beneficial by how good that horse shoe is.

(also i dont think the .24 things are exact, i know its close to it though.)

So yes, you only need one horse shoe to get a faster horse, but its only going to be beneficial by how good that horse shoe is.

Just to be sure. Is there any disadvantage to using 1 high ql horse shoe with high enchant and rest of the shoes are garbage versus using all 4 high ql enchanted horse shoes?

yes there is, read my list of bonuses.

Kokin:

it gets a .24 boost at 50/70/90, not per point.

from what i noticed

50ql - .24kmh boost

70ql - .24kmh boost

90ql - .24kmh boost

50woa - .24kmh boost

70woa - .24kmh boost

90woa - .24kmh boost.

For the saddle, a different thing is used.

50-70-90ql are also triggers of a higher percentage of getting a speed boost and determining how long it lasts.

Same if you get a woa cast of 50-70-90

The woa on the horse shoes, and the quality will always trigger.

the biggest boosts is when your horses gets the natural speed bonuses.

(also i dont think the .24 things are exact, i know its close to it though.)

Pretty much the same thing I have noticed.

I've found the exact opposite (edit: of the "only one shoe matters" myth) to be the case. I had a set of 70ishql high-WoA (lowest is about 80) shoes and a set of 70ishql non-enchanted.

[o]I put the non-enchanted set on the horse and rode it around.

[o]Then I swapped one enchanted shoe in the mix, dismounted/remounted (which makes the game recalculate the horse's speed). Slight increase as expected.

[o]Then I swap another enchanted shoe onto the horse. Speed increase.

[o]And another (now 3 of 4) and it gets faster.

[o]Add the fourth and it gets even faster.

[o]Swap on one of the original non-enchanted and the horse slows down.

Each of these increases or decreases is small when compared to traits, but each extra enchanted shoe does count. And I believe (but no test done to verify) that shoes modify the speed as a percentage of the horse's natural speed, so any speed traits will also likewise be multiplied by a good set of shoes.

I think the misconception comes from people just hotswapping the shoes while riding around...which does not update the animal's speed until after a delay.

This is all news to me. Never really tested the claim of one enchanted shoe per horse, just heard people saying it and thought it was true.

But if its not, I guess I'll take that note off.

This is all news to me. Never really tested the claim of one enchanted shoe per horse, just heard people saying it and thought it was true.

But if its not, I guess I'll take that note off.

No worries man, I was just wondering if it's true because that would save me a lot of time and work since my business involves horses.

Not to bump a too old topic but id like to get this figured out as it is hurting my horse shoe sales =p http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=41704.msg487281#msg487281

I just dont buy the thresholds and what the wiki says im 99% sure its wrong.

Currently Working on doing a decent full test within my village will post results in a few days.

Heres my first rough draft test.

Doing some of my own testing heres a basic test, 35kg weight, with drake on, no saddle or bridle. will  try and run our own full tests with graphs and more numbers but for now. Dismounted and added each horse shoe 1 by 1 then got on tested and repeated. Odd first shoe no matter what ql woa made the same boost 17.98

fleeter horse base speed 0 16.54>  1 shoe 17.98 > 2 18.74 > 3 19.42 > 4 20.85   = 51ql 52woa shoes added 1 by 1 all were the same ql woa

fleeter horse base speed 0 16.54 > 1 shoe 17.98 > 2 19.42 > 3 20.86 > 4 22.29   = 1 55ql 88woa, 2 57ql 84woa, 3 50ql 84woa, 4 61ql 82woa

I did some testing on my horse.

[21:10:57] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

She was tamed, and fully fed throughout the whole test. Everytime I added a piece of equipment I disembarked and re-embarked.

7 kg's in my inventory. I made sure the horse never used her speed boosts.

No gear at all

18.71 km/h

Adding the first horse shoe, 90 QL with 97 Woa. I added it to her right hindleg.

20.88 km/h

Adding the second horse shoe, 90 Ql with 93 Woa. I added it to her left hindleg.

22.33 km/h

Adding the third horse shoe, 90 Ql with 90 Woa. I added it to her left frontleg.

24.49 km/h

Adding the fourth horse shoe, 90 Ql with 90 Woa. I added it to her right frontleg.

26.64 km/h

Adding a bridle. 88 ql with 75 Woa.

26.64 km/h

Adding a saddle. 79 Ql with 85 Woa.

27.36 km/h

The horse is geared up now, so I tried something else.

For fun, I added a cloth barding.

26.63 km/h

Added a leather barding.

26.64 km/h again

Now a chain barding.

25.93 km/h

I noticed the following;

*Horse speed is increased for EACH horse shoe added. You need 4 horse shoes to get your horse to full speed.

*A bridle does not increase the speed at all.

*Cloth barding is lighter, but seems the horse goes roughly as fast as with leather barding. Leather barding does give more protection, I think something is wrong here?

A bridle increases turning speed, Ludwig.

I'm glad someone else's tests proved Othob to be right. I knew he was right anyway and wondered where people pulled this "1 enchanted horseshoe will do it" idea from.

It's about as stupid as: "Put your meal in a barrel of water and salt, it'll slow decay".

Leather barding probaly wouldnt slow a IRL much dont see why it should in game

Leather barding probaly wouldnt slow a IRL much dont see why it should in game

A bridle increases turning speed, Ludwig.

I'm glad someone else's tests proved Othob to be right. I knew he was right anyway and wondered where people pulled this "1 enchanted horseshoe will do it" idea from.

It's about as stupid as: "Put your meal in a barrel of water and salt, it'll slow decay".

Submerging something in salt water to make it decay slower makes sense in RL, so it's a long-shot to brand that as stupid. It does indeed decay slower in water, storing your salt with the meals just in case hardly hurts.

Salt only prevents decay when cooked into the food. Period. Anything else you heard is bull. .

Salt only prevents decay when cooked into the food. Period. Anything else you heard is bull. .

Granted we're continuously going offtopic here..... I'm not sure cooking salt into the food does anything either.  We tried that and 2 days later the meal (50ql) had 95 dmg on it while the meals with no salt had 0 dmg, it's all just random I think........

Perhaps but it's not just something I've heard, it's something I have done and repeat every time I get a good meal I want to conserve. 0dmg on this meal here and it's 3 days in. If you want to deny it, fine, but anywhere else that would have almost decayed entirely. :)

Note: Excluding salt. As I said, I've never tried salt in any way, either in the meal itself or in the bucket of water with the meal.

Granted we're continuously going offtopic here..... I'm not sure cooking salt into the food does anything either.  We tried that and 2 days later the meal (50ql) had 95 dmg on it while the meals with no salt had 0 dmg, it's all just random I think........

Back on topic.....

I noticed in your retest you used a WoA saddle. Ehen I heard WoA worked on saddles as well I immediately cast on a few until I got an 80+ and tried it out. Comparing it to a normal saddle of the same quality (both were around 60, my LWing at the time) I saw absolutely no change in speed at all despite multiple swaps.

Back on topic.....

I noticed in your retest you used a WoA saddle. Ehen I heard WoA worked on saddles as well I immediately cast on a few until I got an 80+ and tried it out. Comparing it to a normal saddle of the same quality (both were around 60, my LWing at the time) I saw absolutely no change in speed at all despite multiple swaps.

Back on topic.....