Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Altar Gui Displays A Favor Column

Want to see favor information in altar UI?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Want to see favor information in altar UI?

• Display a favor column in UI at 31 Faith.
    • Display a favor column in UI at 50 Faith.
    • Don't display any favor information in the UI.
    • Display a favor column in UI for everyone always.

Altar GUI displays a favor column instead of: QL, DMG, Weight. Maybe we could have a customize option.What is suggested here would be more useful then what we have now. My motivation for this is the dislike of whats I must do to get proper favor amounts loaded into the alter.qZ3Go.jpg

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 10

It could be very useful and there's no reason not to add it.

+1

You mean instead showing an item's normal properties in the altar container window, the amount of favor sacrificing said item is displayed?

+1

here is a sample picture where I edit a in-game screen shot.

favorinaltar.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think it would be useful to keep QL where it is at.

It could be very useful and there's no reason not to add it.

+1

Yes yes yes

Yes but only for people with high prayer skill, say over 50, so that only higher level priests and champs who have accumulated the knowledge should be able to determine how much favor you would recieve if accepted.

Yes but only for people with high prayer skill, say over 50, so that only higher level priests and champs who have accumulated the knowledge should be able to determine how much favor you would recieve if accepted.

50 is too high for that skill. An gamer playing tops 40 hours a month should be able to unlock the ability in 1 to 2 months.

+1, 50 prayer sounds like a good level for the ability.

50 is too high for that skill. An gamer playing tops 40 hours a month should be able to unlock the ability in 1 to 2 months.

50 is a title level for prayer and it should be treated as an achievement from the title as though many hours were spent learning your gods favored items.

There are other skill enhancements that unlock at lower levels; however, having such at 50 is probably best for this situation.

I'd throw it in at something like 70 faith, not 50 prayer, personally.

High prayer skill is not in any way related to normal advancement as a priest, even people who spam it for months don't reach 50 prayer easily.

Umm, no way. Its my idea, and if that counts for anything, please ignore these people trying to make so only hardcore gamers benefit. I can't believe some of the feedback this thread had got. I kinda wish I never brought It up.

I got 58 prayer and like 69 faith. So I'm not objecting for selfish reasons. Its important that new players can see themselves achieving something without dedicating the next year of their life.

Maybe 3 months to achieve the goal while spending ~ 15 hours a week would be more acceptable. That is 180 hours of work. I know that a power gamer could bang that out fast, but its a bad idea to design a game around people who play 12 to 16 hours a day. I think making casual gamers happy is more important that worrying about power gamers getting bored.

+1, and I do agree setting it at high prayer or high faith is a bad idea.Ā  My priest is maybe 3 or 4 months old now not sure, but I'm just closing in on 40 prayer and I've pray spammed a whole lot at times.Ā  50 prayer is too much in my opinion.Ā  Going in mind with what you said roughly 3 months of playing, maybe 30 prayer?

+1.Ā  I think I'm with Gary on 50 being too high and 30 being more reasonable.Ā  30 prayer still takes quite a lot of time to get to.

You seem to be under the illusion that wurm was ever created for the casual player. Achievements should be made through long, dedicated effort. +/-1 only if a minimum of 50 prayer was required to see how much favor you would get.

why do the gods favor cordage rope anywhays?

They are simply worth more at getprice, therefore they are the preferred rope to sacrifice.Ā  Mooring ropes are a better option at lower ropemaking skill, but have half the worth of an equal ql cordage rope.Ā  Normal ropes were nerfed in value and are virtually worthless for sacrificial value now.

Locks are another good option for favor.Ā  JS items as well, but they can be labor intensive.

You seem to be under the illusion that wurm was ever created for the casual player. Achievements should be made through long, dedicated effort. +/-1 only if a minimum of 50 prayer was required to see how much favor you would get.

And you seem to be under the illusion that wurm will stay for the hardcore gamer only. Little by little changes get introduced that make it friendlier to the casual gamer and you can't prevent it ;)

• Like 1

And you seem to be under the illusion that wurm will stay for the hardcore gamer only. Little by little changes get introduced that make it friendlier to the casual gamer and you can't prevent it ;)

Wurm only competes because it is a niche game.Ā  Those of us who play it the most probably wouldn't if it wasn't, because as mass market games go, its not competing.

Wurm only competes because it is a niche game.Ā  Those of us who play it the most probably wouldn't if it wasn't, because as mass market games go, its not competing.

+1, and I do agree setting it at high prayer or high faith is a bad idea.Ā  My priest is maybe 3 or 4 months old now not sure, but I'm just closing in on 40 prayer and I've pray spammed a whole lot at times.Ā  50 prayer is too much in my opinion.Ā  Ā Going in mind with what you said roughly 3 months of playing, maybe 30 prayer?

Took my Fo priest about 5-7 days at 2 hours a day to get to 30 prayer. It does get noticeably more difficult to raise around then though.

I like the idea, but I am against all of you that want this to be unlocked at a high skill.Ā  It does not affect their ability to cast spells, just helps them figure out how much favor they will get from a sacrifice.Ā  This isn't a game breaker that will ruin the game if it is easy to get.Ā  It should be kept low, like being able to see the status of crops without examining, or seeing the slope of a tile border.Ā  And I also am one of those that is already above the skill levels you are talking about, so it's not for selfish reasons I say this.

We could perhaps have get price shown instead. Then the player would convert that using the ratio 5c to 1 favor. I think the biggest difficulty with favor is actually calculating get price.

I keep my locks separated by ql in satchels, usually 10ql divisions, I just use a dinky little script

#!/bin/bash

#
# script to calculate how much favour 10 of a particular ql
# will provide, optional argsĀ  QL QTY
#

QL=${1:-50}
QTY=${2:-10}

# calculate actual favour
FAVOUR=`echo "scale=2; ( ${QL} * ${QL} * ${QTY} ) / 1000" | bc `

# give results
echo "processing ${QTY} ${QL}ql locks gives ${FAVOUR} favour"

which gives me a reasonable estimate on how much favour the locks give. If I use from two different satchels I use the script twice and then use mental arithmetic to get the total, surprisingly easy and rarely get variations beyond +/- 2favour

though to be honest I rarely use it now, I've a good feel for how many locks will meet my favour needs.

I don't understand that code snip. I do know that players shouldn't have to make scrips or spread sheets(what I do) in order to figure out how much favor is in the altar. When your sacrificing a stack of the same item, all of which are the same ql, it is easier to figure out favor. Try putting a variety of items at different qls in the altar.

Gaeron made me realize that just showing get-price isn't good. I want to be able to see the favor at a glance.