Sign in to follow this  
EliasTheCrimson

Wurm Mapping In Google Sketchup

I think thats caused by Tichs wall model pack, those invisible bits are for the roof to connect on to, but not have a wall texture inside the roof model.

yup that's what they are for

Also, make your houses 3.5 (iirc, could be 3) meters high.

Will look nicer

just use tich models, they are well scaled

OK here's my village deed on MR home :)

hiddenplanuv6.th.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys. The buildings were from Tich's models, I just flattened them. Might have been better if I had bothered with the roofs, but it was 7am here and I had been up all night working on it. :P

Nice map. Did you make the fountain, oven, and forge yourself or can they be downloaded somewhere?

Ahoy mateys.

I'm having an odd problem, and what to see what other mappers think of it...

For some reason, the paint tool only works in short 5 second bursts. That is, it wont paint ANYTHING when I want it to, then randomly (very low chance) it lets me paint 2-4 tiles before stopping again. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, any tips on putting in structures such as fences and homes?

Try selecting all the tiles you want to paint with that texture first with shift click or ctrl click, that way you only have to quickly paint one of those tiles and the rest will change too.

For structure, grab Tichs model pack and just copy/paste or drag each model over to the intersection/border you want them.

Made the fountain, lamps, forge and oven myself there :) the fountain looks good only from a distance though  :)

Bump for a great thread. 

I do have a question, how can you tell how many dirts high a thing is? Im no terraformer, I just want to know how I can measure it correctly.

dreamtown1imagepk2.jpg

Just a small town I thought of making one day.  Comments?

(I was really lazy and didn't want to do all the textures.)

I have one up on you all... I have mapped my town in Hammer (the map editor for the Source engine).

I have one up on you all... I have mapped my town in Hammer (the map editor for the Source engine).

OMGOMGOMGO, me too.

Also, make your houses 3.5 (iirc, could be 3) meters high.

Will look nicer

It is 3

So post screenshots.

May I say that these "3d blue prints" or "maps" look amazing. I have been modeling for awhile and I have never thought of this. I use blender, so I'll either learn sketchup or try one in blender.

Wish me luck!

I hope I don't get banned for necroing this thread.

I think it is a good and interesting thread. =)

I've been practicing in sketchup and produced what I would have as a personal haven if I didn't already live in HoM.

myhavenpic.png

This is probably going to be a stupid question but do you save each of the files Tich made as a single file? How do you access them in sketchup then?

I saved them to my desktop, then organized them into a folder. And then in Sketchup, go to File > Import and select which tile you want. Make sure you rename the filename when you save the tiles.

Oh how i love sketchup! Awesome to see it used in wurm too, I might have a bash myself =)

The Freedom version of SH would never have looked the way it did without the help of Sketchup :)

sh3.png

Also a tip; if your model seem to be rendering sluggishly, you can disable Shadows under the view menu (I seem to recall these being enabled by default?).

Awesome and fancy. I think you guys at SH will like what I plan to do with grapes.

Awesome and fancy. I think you guys at SH will like what I plan to do with grapes.

How will you get past the North-South or East-West choice? I think I know, but can't wait to see how it looks!

that trees and bushes and stuff not growing on certain sides needs to be removed. Trees are way above even the tallest walls, and most other plants do just fine with a little shade.

that trees and bushes and stuff not growing on certain sides needs to be removed.

Is already fixed.

I think you guys at SH will like what I plan to do with grapes.

Can't wait to see it :D