Sign in to follow this  
EliasTheCrimson

Wurm Mapping In Google Sketchup

Zekezor you are awesome man. The above saves me so much work on my future deed concept. Thanks alot.

how do i make the tiles 4x4?

it's explained in the first post of this thread.

how do i make the tiles 4x4?

it's explained in the first post of this thread.

no, how do i do this?:

2. Then set the grid size to 4m, the default size is 3m.

Oh and i'd like to thank Rolf for allowing the models to be used for sketchup :)

Ah hem.

Oh and i'd like to thank Rolf for allowing the models to be used for sketchup :)

Ah hem.

and mrB for also approving of it when i asked. ^_^

no, how do i do this?:

2. Then set the grid size to 4m, the default size is 3m.

Ow rightie, you are correct... that is not fully explained, my bad.

Upon clicking on the "from scratch tool" you will see in the bottom right what your current gridsize is.

Upon pressing enter you can edit it into 4m by simply typing in "4m".

wow, i really love this! thanks for the models, textures and for the howtos. im a sketch noob, but i can make our deed so fast and easy!

/subscribe to this topic :)

edit: btw, a noob question.

whats the easiest way, or the best way to add a mine entrance and a mine to our model? should i use layers?

and how to make the mine tunnels, build it by tile by tile (i mean, i have to draw its sides by tile by tile using "from scratch/rectangle" drawer? or is there an easier way to do that?)

thanks a lot

start off with making all the tunnel floors as a thing separately.

Do it in the same way as you made the terrain.

after doing so add horisontal "sticks" of the same height as it is to the ceiling in each squares corners.

then add lines inbetween the top part of those sticks which generate flat surfaces that are walls and ceilings.

apply texture.

after having a complete tunnel system done attatch it to the entrance.

thats probably the best way if you want to replicate your village.

Optionally you could make the tunnel system as a separate thing that is more like a map...

iow just the floor of the tunnels to show how it connects and keep it as a separate thing.

anyway, its up to you.

thanks for your fast respond, ill try it at home.

Zeke I just started using your/rolfs models in Sketch8, but how do I separate the individual items?

Zeke I just started using your/rolfs models in Sketch8, but how do I separate the individual items?

If you import something, then the whole file will made into a single object. (so its objects within an object)

So basicly you got a box with candy inside it and to get the candy you need to open the box, after that you can eat as much candy as you want. lol.

Double click it in order to start working with the internal objects.

*opens the box*

click once on the model you want to use.

*choose a candy type*

copy it (ctrl + C)

*grab it*

deselect the larger object by clicking outside of it (otherwise sketchup think you still work inside the larger object)

*bring the candy outside the box*

paste the model wherever you want it.

*consume*

:D

lol, nice howto :)

btw i just used explode on the big box, so the box exploded and i got all the candies :D

Zekezor, thanks again for the sketchup models, i really love them.

Zekezor, thanks again for the sketchup models, i really love them.

You're Welcome. :)

One more thing if youre on zeke, is there anyway to lock the tiles so they don't move? (Terrain modification is done, now onto object placement)

make the terrain into a component by right clicking it when having it all selected and choosing "make component". (all your terrain while be considered one object now)

then go to the edit tab in the topleft of the window and choose Lock.

Instead of blue outlines, its now red and cant be manipulated in any way untill unlocked.

Brillo :3 Almost got my first sketch done then.

Sans fences:

Bgc32l.jpg

That's the final deed plan for Uksi. Just have the entire lower tier to flatten down. The sharp drop is actually two slopes (147 + 53). Once the lower tier is doneI can finally start work on walling it in and then the colossus :3

Ok, something I am struggling with...as you progress, knowing how much to raise/lower each tile around you.

Try working your way out from your starting "level"...as you progressively raise/lower each tile's border, you have to keep track of the total amount to lower the next one. I guess what I'm asking is, how to lower the next tile's border, relative to the height of the current border. Not sure if that makes sense or not...but it took a lot longer than I would have liked.

Honestly...I think it may have been simpler to just add 1 tile at a time. Snap it onto the existing one, THEN lower it, instead of adding a huge section of tiles.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

if you start moving a corner and hover above an excisting one for a second, then it will auto snap if you have around the same height as that one.

iow you can instantly get it to the height of a previous tile next to it.

once at the same height as the other one you can simply add the appropiate slope change.

if you start moving a corner and hover above an excisting one for a second, then it will auto snap if you have around the same height as that one.

iow you can instantly get it to the height of a previous tile next to it.

once at the same height as the other one you can simply add the appropiate slope change.

Also, if making ramps, you do the same thing with a sloped tile your selected tile will not only match the height, but also the angle. Meaning you dont have to remember to increment the ramps 2/4/6/8/10, just set the first ramp to 2 and the others will follow the order.

Thank you Zekezor for making these packs available.

I am glad MrBloodworth and Rolf allowed this as it has saved me days of work. 

I have simply been making my own visual approximations until Spellcast linked me to this.

My only issue is making them skew with slopes like they do in game....

only issue i have now is i cant stretch skew fences (make them look right on slopes) maybe need pro version to achive that?

There needs to be more of this happening. Anyone have pictures to share?

I'll be mapping our deed tomorrow, I think :)