Sign in to follow this  
sirrrius

red graphics

Graphics are red looks like living in hell, have tried many different things to correct this, needs to be addressed badly !

have bought new computer , windows 7 duel core, have shader 4.0 , T&L 4.o, 4 gigs ram 3Ghz cpu, tried jave oracle 64 bit and 32 bit, browsers Firefox and IE , set my graphics low and high before login no change except speed at high end! I have heard others say it is happening to them also

Heard a player with similar issues yesterday,  they had to change a Compatability setting in Settings.

I believe they said they changed FBO support form extension to Core.  They were using an Intel chip though.

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers from the chip manufacturer?  And what video chip or card do you have?

I am having this problem too, with an integrated Intel graphics card and chipset. I know Java in general doesn't like Intel chips, but for some reason it's worse than with other Java games I've played. To elaborate on what exactly it seems to be (To me, at least) is some failure of the overgrowth things that "float" over the actual ground tiles (Things like grass, flowers, etc.). When I look straight down, it's usually the correct color (Though it's not the texture, oddly enough). I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, with this:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU    T6600  @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

4096MB RAM

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Display Memory: 1695 MB

Dedicated Memory: 64 MB

(Copy pasted from DxDiag)

Please help. I also have problems with the images for some GUI things being horribly blurred to the point that I can't tell what they are. (Happens in other games too, such as Osmos and Aquaria). This includes the attack window and the compass. Any fixes for any of these problems would be immensely appreciated.

yeah I have that on my laptop. Wurm not like Intel integrated graphics.

I'm getting this as well.

On a laptop, Windows 7, Intel integrated graphics.

I'll try switching FBO to core and see what happens.

Switching it to core doesn't fix it.

Here is a picture of what is happening: It look like the sunlight is turning red. Poor superman...

16589886.png

I had it and got rid of it by ensuring all intel drivers were up to date.

I have as well, just bought myself a new laptop with intergrated i5 duo hyperweaved 2.66 ghz processor, 4 gbs of ram and Window 7 64 bit.

wurm201102211447_1.jpg

Updated all my graphics drivers, didn't work.

I tried to switch my FBO support from Extension to Core, but oddly enough I couldn't get it work. It always said FBO core doesn't work. I think that's it, but I just need to find a way for my computer to support FBO support core instead of extension.

I have to bump this. Very annoying. Ruining all of my screen shots.

Its becuase the intel graphics card. I had one on my laptop, got random red, white, or black fields like that. I played on my laptop for years and never found a way to fix it :/

I had got it fixed, by turning all my setting to near null however... with the recent server change it has nullified that option. So I'm going to see if Trashman solution works. Though, I do think that this probably from that fact that newer Intel Chips can't handle FrameBufferObject Support in the core, only in the Extension support in advance graphics options in the client.

Nope, didn't work for me at least, the manufactures drivers were not compatible with the intel's so that sucks.

Trying to get wurm working on a Dell Latitude, Windows 7, 64bit, 8gb ram and have the same redness everywhere, tried changing the VBO setting, no dice. Horrible. If I had toys and a pram I chuck one out of the other.

For the record, I have Intel Core 2Duoe T6670, 2.ghz, with the dreaded mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family :(

So even well over a year later than the last post, no fix for this even after downloading the latest intel drivers :angry:

Edited by Pryath

Usually happens because laptop users disconnected the recharger from the laptop. (Since that triggers a switch between graphic cards.)

Usually happens because laptop users disconnected the recharger from the laptop. (Since that triggers a switch between graphic cards.)

Thanks! I have tried everything, but no matter what, the redness refuses to give in! The search is on for a different machine :)

I had this issue on an old lap top and could not find a solution, intel just doesn't like java sometimes. There is alot of forum information about why intel has this problem if you want to get in the deep magic.

Used to be lots of threads including one stickied. Dunno why they are gone now but they had all the info.

As

Install the latest driver from Intel. http://wurmpedia.com...hic_Cards#Intel

As I said in my post yesterday, I have already updated to the latest intel video driver. Makes no difference. It doesn't work, and on the evidence of this thread, doesn't look like it will any time soon sadly.

thanks for trying to help.

I scrolled straight to the bottom I'm sorry if this has been fixed already.

The fix is simple.

1. Go to the website for the people who make your video card. (For me this was Intel)

2. Download and install their latest video drivers. (its an easy interface on the intel website, just search for the model of video card you have)

My problem was that my manufacturer (HP) shipped the laptop with old Intel drivers (and subsequently refuses to update to the new ones). installing the latest Intel drivers MANUALLY solved the issue. (At the same time increased my FPS 3x)

Could we please sticky this? It took me months to figure out on my own.

EDIT

I can see above that this apparently didn't work, I'm going to wager somethings gone wrong during installation.

Please paste your current driver version, hardware details (video card model), and the steps you took to update said driver initially.

I had an issue with picking the correct driver, the intel website made it hard to see that i was choosing the wrong OS. (It is very important you get the 64bit driver if you are on w7 64bit)

It's important to note this issue is unrelated to the wurm client and java in any way.

Edited by Manifestation