Sign in to follow this  
Tamorlane

UnofficialChristmasHolidayGiveawayContestCompetitionVotingThread

Ach, moving a little slow this morning.  Voting closed.  Final tally will be sorted a bit later.

A brief closing statement:

A lot of commentary drifting around about contest padding and who should or should not be eligible to be considered.  Popular votes are by their very definition 'popularity contests' and will always favor the nominee who can muster up the most support.  I could hardly set up a contest and then tell certain groups that they are ineligible to participate because someone in the community doesn't like them.  If that was possible then most of the modern world would have no politicians at all.  Not saying that is a bad thing necessarily, but you ought to get the point.  ;)

Greed of Brotunheimr belongs to me btw when you come check out the boats to hand out the prizes.

See you all at the next popularity contest.

Still think the best one was Do Not Take out of Cart.  Wish that boat had an owner so to speak.

Still think the best one was Do Not Take out of Cart.  Wish that boat had an owner so to speak.

2nd. Give the guy some flowers or something

A boat that made me laugh a mere year ago:

"More like snailboat!" - Thorgot, sailboat

Thank you John for your timely vote.  ;)

I have exhausted every effort to ensure that votes are (mostly) accurate.  For public record, I have not counted votes from players not on Freedom in cases where there was no corresponding Freedom alt, nor were votes from accounts created after the commencement of the competition included.  This was done to the best of my ability, so there is a small margin of error. However, not a large enough one to matter in the end.  So since you obviously are not able to add without my intervention, the results are as follows:

With ~28 votes, The Grand Prizeiest (Popular Vote Overall Winner) goes to:

More Like Snailboat! – Thorgot

With ~17 votes, The Not So Grand Prize (Popular Vote Runner-Up) goes to:

Greed of Brotunheimer - Lanx

By popular decree, the fabled vessel “NOT TAKE OUT OF CART†receives the Shouldabeenu Award.  Should said vessels owner ever return, an appropriately awesome prize will be arranged.

Winners will be contacted to arrange for relatively convenient delivery of items.  Happy New Year!