Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

So long and thanks for all the fish

I believe I may be leaving Wurm for good.  I attribute this to several things:

1) As time goes by the vitriol and immaturity in the forums just seems to get worse and worse.  The average apparent age of most of the frequent posters in Barracks is in freefall.  In a few more months, all the posts will be "goo gaa mama papa poopy" language if the trend continues.  Moderation of the forums is meaningless because forum accounts are not linked to player accounts, and player accounts are not segregated in the forums to paid and free access categories.

2) Too many changes that make no sense (removing indoor mine entrances, moving the Freedom spawn point with no warning, and a strange problem with wanting to apply major patches on Fridays rather than Mondays)

3) Failure to address a few longstanding and serious problems with the game which should NOT be hard to fix. (inability to measure underground slopes with a tool, inability to actually fix griefed rock surfaces, frequent "random" occurrences of extremely unlikely sequences of events that seem to indicate a faulty RNG.)

When epic comes out, I might poke my head in and look around.

No, my account isn't for sale, I never share passwords, nor do I ever sell an account in any game.

Bye Bob, hope you have fun with whatever you find and do.  Take care man.

Bye Bob. Will miss you.

You have always been a voice of logic and reason in a chaotic world.

I dont see what would be so hard with having a forum setup like this?  

http://forum.fomportal.com/

With the same linked forum accounts to game characters.  

And under the character name and faction it says neatly "premium" or nothing because they are freeloaders.  

It could be modified here so instead of looking like the Face Of Mankind version...

Hodo

Vortex Inc

Rank 1

Premium

It could go something like this.

Hodo

Mol Rehan

Wild

Premium

Real simple, it would go under your avatar on the left hand side of the forum windows... simple.

One forum account per character.   This means people with a hundred alt accounts would either have to link 100 different accounts to forums if they want every account to post in the forums, or just have one that is their main account to talk in the forums on.   And leave the others un-linked.

If done properly you dont even have to worry about accounts getting stolen.  

I've been looking at http://www.perpetuum-online.com/

Downloaded the client yesterday and fiddled for a bit.  Seems a lot like EVE, but robots on a planet, not ships in space.

The learning curve seems to be at least as steep as EVE's is.  The game appears to have inherent depth, but I suspect manufacturing will be limited in most of the same ways EVE manufacturing was limited.

We'll see  ;D

I've been looking at http://www.perpetuum-online.com/

Downloaded the client yesterday and fiddled for a bit.  Seems a lot like EVE, but robots on a planet, not ships in space.

The learning curve seems to be at least as steep as EVE's is.  The game appears to have inherent depth, but I suspect manufacturing will be limited in most of the same ways EVE manufacturing was limited.

We'll see  ;D

Is this the same "Farmerbob" from back in early to mid beta? The one that was at Kreator's little village on map 6 and Chuddox's place maps before that? If so... woah, dude, wtf took you so long? LOL

Is this the same "Farmerbob" from back in early to mid beta? The one that was at Kreator's little village on map 6 and Chuddox's place maps before that? If so... woah, dude, wtf took you so long? LOL

I'll be waiting to see the green lettering of 'Farmerbob has signed in' or whatever it is. Really sorry to see you go and I hope it won't be permanent, set up so your alerted by e-mail when you're PM'd because I'll PM you when rock surface raising is brought in (I'll continue to champion it) ;) Also, if you've got BoKs, spyglasses you want to be used rather than left sitting on an account you're not using for a bit, then let me know, I'll look after them for you while you're away :D Also, you know where I live so it's easy enough for you to get them back :P - I know, no drop, but seriously, my life would be misery with you camping the bowl ;) )

Bye Bob, sad to see you going. Good luck and take care.

Hope to see you in Epic then.

1) As time goes by the vitriol and immaturity in the forums just seems to get worse and worse.  The average apparent age of most of the frequent posters in Barracks is in freefall.  In a few more months, all the posts will be "goo gaa mama papa poopy" language if the trend continues.  Moderation of the forums is meaningless because forum accounts are not linked to player accounts, and player accounts are not segregated in the forums to paid and free access categories.

Take care Bob, you were pretty fun to hang around with. Hope you change your mind later on and decide to come back and play. Bye

It's a shame to see you leave, Bob.  :'(

If you have a change of heart and decide that you want to continue playing wurm, you're more than welcome to come back to Freedom and stay in Tenakill.

It's a shame to see you leave, Bob.  :'(

If you have a change of heart and decide that you want to continue playing wurm, you're more than welcome to come back to Freedom and stay in Tenakill.

Dont stay in Tenakill! Asidecay will turn you into meals and then feed them to players! (Einherjar btw lol)

So long bob, you'll be back :P

To the carebear fools he's ours forever becase he's a fo champ :)

You guys are just proving his point >.<

Have fun elsewhere Bob, we'll miss you in HoM!

Sucks you're leaving :( Wurm will bring you back one day! Hope it'll be better by that time.

I dont see what would be so hard with having a forum setup like this?  

http://forum.fomportal.com/

With the same linked forum accounts to game characters.  

And under the character name and faction it says neatly "premium" or nothing because they are freeloaders.  

It could be modified here so instead of looking like the Face Of Mankind version...

Hodo

Vortex Inc

Rank 1

Premium

It could go something like this.

Hodo

Mol Rehan

Wild

Premium

Real simple, it would go under your avatar on the left hand side of the forum windows... simple.

One forum account per character.   This means people with a hundred alt accounts would either have to link 100 different accounts to forums if they want every account to post in the forums, or just have one that is their main account to talk in the forums on.   And leave the others un-linked.

If done properly you dont even have to worry about accounts getting stolen.  

sad to see you go bob, i always appriciated our friendship ingame, so long and hope to see you again in the near future.