Sign in to follow this  
Mrbloodworth

Lots of images of Works in progress over this past year. From the art team.

magic_chest.jpg

That doesnt look like it belongs in wurm, looks like some ancient Egyptian style thing

You guys should check dates on things you respond to. I think you have been having a conversation with yourselves for days now.

Meanwhile:

l347277860000_1_29435.jpg

BEHOLD!

( Youtube )

New gui is sexy and contemporary. When we get custom avatars and visible armor, it will all blend in well. Funny to see people panic over a WIP.

Funny to see people panic over a WIP.

Better to speak up when it's still in progress. Once it's all done and on the live servers the devs are usually asking why no one was objecting before.

magic_chest.jpg

That doesnt look like it belongs in wurm, looks like some ancient Egyptian style thing

Not really, that's actually a celtic-medieval pattern on it.  How did I know!  Looks great as always, Saro.  :)

The box shape has a bit of ancient, middle-eastern flair to it, though.  I like the mix in styles.  Nice job, Saroman!

Funny to see people panic over a WIP.

Better to speak up when it's still in progress. Once it's all done and on the live servers the devs are usually asking why no one was objecting before.

Usually its due to the people who play this game changing, or some newer players have become older and feel their voices now matter, etc. etc.

Things change, as does wurm.  And wurms development cycle is that of a [Place a nice metaphor here, perhaps pertaining to some ex-girlfriends].

The fact that some gfx are being made and put in game is amazing.  The fire on the torches looks awesome,  I look forward to playing and seeing all these new things suck me back into the wurld of wurm, since I havn't felt its pull in ages.

And stop arguing over the UI.  MrB isn't an idiot, he read the comments (a long time ago) and he won't ruin what you all are used too.

But sometimes, you just have to get used to a change, and realize the core game is still there, even if there are still too many random flower sprites in your grass and you hate it *shakes fist*.

PS. /me misses beta

The new graphics look great, but I agree that the interface portion seems to be a step backwards. The current "plain" textual inventory / interface fits well with Wurm, as it is a straight forward list of the myriad of skills and items that you have/need. A new graphical interface would just be more clutter and would make it harder to find what you need.

While i dont think the current GUI is good enough, i still do agree with arthlo that a slimmer GUI should be available.

The GUI in the pic is only really suitable for fullscreen mode.

There is a lot of extra space used simply due to the graphics.

comparison (ignore QL/DMG/Improvement and focus on borders, scrollbar, etc):

GUI.png

and i assume that quality/dmg etc is intended to be added to the menu later and that its more of a "show off" picture... otherwise the GUI is horrible compared to the current.

Those kinds of info is needed.

Its a game, not windows 3.0.  ;)

and thats a silly comment... Good GUI is important.

Hm, not sure I like the accents on them, sticks out way too much.  however the glow in dark appeal is nice.

Can we have hullplanks and sterns next, 'cause I hardly see magical chests as often as sterns; nice work tho.  :P