generic epic topic #131412

How do you expect to play on epic  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How do you expect to play on epic

• plan to play permanently
    • Will make an account to see how it goes - expect to quit soon after
    • Will make an account to see how it goes - expect to stay
    • wont play on epic

i'd rather Rolf give more definitive statements on how everything in epic will work in regards to skilgain, skill rests, map/scenario changes etc etc.

Can't really make much of a decision based on the sketchy ideas we currently have.

I'll probably take a alt over but after reading Rolfs blog and working on sounds for the various new critters I'm excited about it.

Events that change the course of the map until a end is reached. Smells like a end game to me.

Epic is almost a must for me to rejoin the game.  As the game is now I know any character I start now will never be able to equal those characters whose body stats are beyond reach.  As such the only real way to play on wild is to purchase a character, anything else just wont work.  Since I would much rather build my own character from start the only real choice is epic. 

I know those who have old characters who surpass anything new people can build dont like the idea, but I think Rolf has little choice but to make a server where things are equal for all not just a few.

I'll probably take a alt over but after reading Rolfs blog and working on sounds for the various new critters I'm excited about it.

I would wait until a proper feature list comes out, then maybe give it a try before scuttling back to wild.

IMO Wurm's player-base... problem... could be helped by something as simple as x10 skill-gain. Will probably annoy off the current community, but if Wurm's character development rate is measured in years rather then months or weeks it will probably remain a minority game.

I would wait until a proper feature list comes out, then maybe give it a try before scuttling back to wild.

IMO Wurm's player-base... problem... could be helped by something as simple as x10 skill-gain. Will probably annoy off the current community, but if Wurm's character development rate is measured in years rather then months or weeks it will probably remain a minority game.

could be interesting. ;)

Something like that happened at end of last beta map. Last month had skill gain x10 or x12.

SPOILER ALERT!!!  ;D

I'm reading blog but don't remember new critters being mentioned.

However I saw large shark and other water critters on test server.

I think I will come back just to try epic.

me too

can someone tell me when epic is actually going to come out

and is there player made kingdoms?

i bet all the people who voted "wont play on epic" are the same people that voted blow up kyara in the volcanoes post. lol

I won't be playing Epic as things stand.

I've been carefully keeping track of the rumours, IRC comments and the things Rolf has said over time that he was considering for being part of Epic. He can, and I fully expect him to, change direction on any number of things  previously mentioned. So far  there has been nothing that really differentiates it from Wild for me in a positive way. This doesn't say that it won't be good, just that I don't think its going to be anything near to meeting my gaming requirements. I'm talking the game play as the graphics and such don't bother me at all. Once Rolf releases the core information i may change my mind but until then I'm not even taking a wait and see stance any more

I voted - won't be playing on Epic.

While I found what Rolf has hinted to about Epic interesting, it's not my cup of tea.

Ontopic - i will create an alt on epic and think it will be fun for some time and will fail later.

offtopic- people seem not to understand why raids are not worth the time anymore.

Let's see...

1)Guards. They are too cheap now, only heavies, so it's a pain in the  to kill all them. They are also too powerful.

2)Too cheap deed perimeter, ending in huge deeds + heavy guards=your weakest players getting owned every guard respawn (which is too fast btw)

3)Repair alts - everyone start loading them and repairing walls

4)Long time to get to the town, to mine ore etc etc. Raids are too time consuming

5)Even if you finally get into the town, there is nothing to take, all valuable stuff is on vyn champ alt/alt/90+ ql chests. There were some good loots before but only because deed holders were  idiots. Oh, and I forgot to say you got like 5 mins to try to loot sometheing before stupid guards respawn.

Where is the fun? I forgot to add that town citizens will just log off if you got to the token, because no one cares about a few euro loss (or even less).

Now, you can lose your guys, can lose drake/scale sets, ranks, fs and all.

me defending = checking names in local and calling Legionnaire to log on

Ontopic - i will create an alt on epic and think it will be fun for some time and will fail later.

offtopic- people seem not to understand why raids are not worth the time anymore.

Let's see...

1)Guards. They are too cheap now, only heavies, so it's a pain in the  to kill all them. They are also too powerful.

2)Too cheap deed perimeter, ending in huge deeds + heavy guards=your weakest players getting owned every guard respawn (which is too fast btw)

4)Long time to get to the town, to mine ore etc etc. Raids are too time consuming

5)Even if you finally get into the town, there is nothing to take, all valuable stuff is on vyn champ alt/alt/90+ ql chests. There were some good loots before but only because deed holders were  idiots. Oh, and I forgot to say you got like 5 mins to try to loot sometheing before stupid guards respawn.

Where is the fun? I forgot to add that town citizens will just log off if you got to the token, because no one cares about a few euro loss (or even less).

Pretty sure this is the point I was making before about the current raiding situation (though said in less detail) when you were asking people in the barracks why they bothered speaking to me because I'm on Freedom.

If Epic is a copy of wild's code base with some new scenarios (even though wild seems to already have scenarios sanctioned by Rolf, err I mean Magranon whenever he feels the need, anyway) and volcanoes to destroy your work withour reward, then no thanks. :D

I certainly can agree with this, and certainly not skill resets at the end of each map. If that's case I definitely will not be playing on Epic. There is no game in existence that resets skills or stats at a certain point. Players should be rewarded for playing, not penalized.

Let's see...

1)Guards. They are too cheap now, only heavies, so it's a pain in the  to kill all them. They are also too powerful.

All of this is true, there's just no real point in attacking any village, it's too much work with too much risk for too little reward.

ditching wild going epic, assuming it comes out before, you know, january. if not ill let my sub run out (buy yearly)

Let's see...

1)Guards. They are too cheap now, only heavies, so it's a pain in the  to kill all them. They are also too powerful.

If Epic is a copy of wild's code base with some new scenarios (even though wild seems to already have scenarios sanctioned by Rolf, err I mean Magranon whenever he feels the need, anyway) and volcanoes to destroy your work withour reward, then no thanks. :D

I certainly can agree with this, and certainly not skill resets at the end of each map. If that's case I definitely will not be playing on Epic. There is no game in existence that resets skills or stats at a certain point. Players should be rewarded for playing, not penalized.

I thought ATiTD did just that?

Yes ATITD does but its not really the same thing.  Many of the ways to raise your stats and just they way you play the game in general changes with every reset.