2: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg417176#msg417176

3: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg417726#msg417726

4: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg417896#msg417896

5: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg418203#msg418203

6: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg418265#msg418265

7: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg418464#msg418464

8: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg418538#msg418538

9: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.msg418902#msg418902

Alright. Horton said to go ahead and start a new game. I don't want this one following the path of the previous game, so there is no more religion, and there are rules which must be followed.

Map

http://i.imgur.com/r88ol.png

Turns should be sent as follows:

Military:

-Actions taken by your troops.

-Expansion into neutral zones.

Production:

-Which unit to be produced where. Only one unit per city.

Technology:

-tech 1

-tech 2

-tech 3

Stuff:

-Anything happening in your nation not related to technology or military.

Rules:

1. Send in turns in the format that I have instructed. If you must edit your turn, resend the whole thing.

2. Do not enrage Gorb.

3. Gorb, do not become enraged. If you do become enraged, keep it off these forums

4. If you are not Gorb, do not act like Gorb.

5. You may not post anything which will warrant moderator influence in my thread.

If you break rule one then your turn will be ignored.

If you break any of rules two through four, you will have your nation removed from the current game.

If you break rule five you will be barred from playing a WiB hosted by me ever again.

Technology:

There are very few rules about technology now. Just remember that you need to rely on current technologies to build up to new ones. Do not attempt to build a chariot directly after discovering the wheel unless you have domesticated animals first. Fortunately for you, both of these things are in the original techs granted to you. For ideas on what to advance in technilogically, I would suggest using common sense.

If you attempt to make a technology that you are (by my logic) unable to create yet, I will not warn you about it; that will be considered a failed technilogical advance. Do not ask me beforehand if you will be able to build something. And don't gripe if you do not get something.

Each technology will have a picture attached to it so that you understand exactly what kind of technology it is.

The following techs are given to you from the start:

Subsistence Farming, Plow, Firemaking, Wheel, Canoe, Grass Huts, Pottery, Domestication, Stone Spears

Example sheet:

Nation Name

fW87A.png

Colour - Your Name

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Firemaking, Wheel, Canoe, Grass Huts, Pottery, Domestication, Stone Spears

-I will need to know where you want your nation to be placed.

-There is to be no tech trading.

-Newcoming midgame players will gain startup technology dependent upon what the rest of the world has.

-For the convenience of all, post your nation, its flag, colour, and location in this thread. Do not PM it to me.

Aw three rules all for me? I love you red.

I reserve Ukraine and colour red. Will post sheet in a minute

Veran Empire

9914161v.png

Blood Red - Vira Khail-Ovych

Location: Ukraine, Romania, Caucasus, focusing on coastline around the black sea.

Capitol: Bakhchisar, located on the Crimea peninsula.

How many techs can we research at once, and do we send the first turn now or wait?

Is the tech 'choose one and get it' or 'research so many and get % each turn' based this game?

What's the turn schedule going to be? One every 24 hours?

I hope so. I won't have my computer up until later.

Just so you know, I'm aware of the existence of this game and am considering joining.

Turn 2

57620605.png

http://i.imgur.com/2NnLj.png

England

ywx24.png

Red - Scion Breshnev

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Firemaking, Wheel, Canoe, Grass Huts, Pottery, Domestication, Bronze Spears, Bronzeworking, Archery, Textiles,

-The secrets of bronzeworking are discovered, bringing England into the Bronze Age.

-Primitive bows are invented, enabling the English to engage their enemies at a moderate distance.

-Textiles are developed, meaning more comfortable and reliable clothes for those who can afford it.

-Simple tracks are cut through the vegatation, creating basic pathways to important locations. These trackways degrade quickly over time, and are usually maintained by frequent traffic.

-Granaries are built to help villages survive throughout the winter without the need to attempt farming then.

-An expedition is sent out on canoes northwards to sail over the North Sea. They are never heard from again.

Veran Empire

9914161v.png

Maroon - Gorbachyov

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Firemaking, Wheel, Canoe, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Bronze Spears, Bronzeworking,

-The secrets of Bronzeworking are discovered, bringing Vera into the Bronze age.

-Masonry is developed, enabling stronger and permanent buildings to be built.

-The Verans attempt to discover agriculture. However, this is too broad of a field to discover all at once, and confuses Veran wisemen.

-Marketplaces attract foreign traders, and textiles are purchased from England.

-The Verans begin to prize otherwise worthless metals such as gold and silver, coining them as currency.

-Rough pathways are built of long stretches of land, and then paved with stone bricks.

-An expedition is sent out southward on canoes to sail over the Black Sea. They are never heard from again.

Nice game.

::)

Your eye rolling confuses and offends me!

:(

I'm bored, it's the weekend, and my time is ticking away. Of course higher logic escapes me.

I'm bored, it's the weekend, and my time is ticking away. Of course higher logic escapes me.

Turn 3

75405035.png

http://i.imgur.com/eJ9QH.png

England

ywx24.png

Red - Scion Breshnev

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Firemaking, Wheel, Galley, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Iron Spears, Iron Blacksmithing, Archery, Textiles,

-Galleys are invented, using sails and ores to rapidly travel along coasts without much effort.

-Masonry is developed.

-England enters the iron age.

-More permanent stone paved roads are built.

-In order to make use of large amounts of land and a relatively low population, the first purpose for lands is pasture for sheep until the population grows sufficiently in that area to allow proper farms to be established.

-All males over 6 years of age, except for the nobility and persons of degree, are to wear caps of wool manufacture on force of a small fine.

-Farming goods and wool production exceed their consumption, allowing more extraneous professions to develop, such as medicine men and tax collectors.

-Following excessive trade with the Verans, the idea of currency is adopted. However, the English monetary system is established with pennies and pounds, requiring banks and exchange centers to be built, which trade out currencies between kingdoms.

-All sports apart from archery are banned on Sundays.

-Small lighthouses consisting of bonfires lit at night upon tall hills and stone towers.

Veran Empire

9914161v.png

Maroon - Gorbachyov

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Wheel, Canoe, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Iron Spears, Iron Blacksmithing, Archery, Naptha,

-Vera enters the iron age.

-Bows are invented.

-Through the distilation of petroleum and coal tar, naphtha flamables are invented.

-Fishing becomes very popular.

-Granaries are built, and store smoked fish meat, sealed in "cans" made of clay.

-More roads are paved into stone.

I take it cavalry isn't researchable yet...?

Nevermind I forgot that I put Cavalry as a 'if I can't research this yet' tech. Heh

Turn 4

13304725.png

http://i.imgur.com/if6Fn.png

England

ywx24.png

Red - Scion Breshnev

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Firemaking, Wheel, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Iron Blacksmithing, Archery, Textiles, Carrack, Iron Halberds, Mill,

-Carracks are invented, allowing sailors to travel over larger expanses of sea without needing to row or stop for supplies.

-The English invent the Halberd.

-Various forms of mills are invented, including water, wind, and animal powered. These allow the English to grind grain into flour, among other things, without much effort.

-Trading outposts, animal pastures, and farms are built in the European continental lands.

-Land on the continent is granted to anybody who asks for it.

-Wine is made from grapes grown on the continent. Britanny becomes the greatest supplier of wine in the kingdom.

-Silver mines are built, adding to the monetary supply, causing inflation and a greater distribution of wealth.

-The English attempt to make contact with the indiginous tribes of eastern Europe to trade excess production. However, being that the only humans on earth are either English or Veran, they find nobody to trade with.

-Guildes and universities of higher learning are built. However, there are not enough people requiring jobs to fully employ all of these areas, and the guildes go mostly forgotten.

Veran Empire

9914161v.png

Maroon - Gorbachyov

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Wheel, Canoe, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Iron Spears, Archery, Naptha, Primitive Flamethrowers, Steel Blacksmithing, Bear Cavalry,

-A primitive method of propelling flamable liquids over a distance is invented.

-Crude methods of steel forging is invented. However, without more powerful methods of fuel and heat conservation, further steel purification will not be possible.

-The Verans attempt to tame wolves and bears to ride as mounts. However, they are unable to find a wolf that can support the weight of a human being on its back, and bears (even those bread in captivity) prove to be very agressive, difficult to train, slow moving, and rebellious.

-An unneccisarily wide road is built upriver along the Danube, to streamline trade with the English.

-English Textiles, cloth, and flour is traded for Veran flamables and superior metal craftsmanship.

-Written language is made. Veran writings are extremely confusing, using a combination of logograms and phonograms to express ideas.

-The number zero is discovered.

-Schools are built, but similar to the English, there are not enough workers available to man the teaching posts.

Red's fault for a stealth game start, i just checked the forums and surprise 2 turns already generated....

How is it a stealth game start? He's never announced them. It started just like always lol

Turn 5

wib.png

http://imgur.com/n4mdY.png

England

ywx24.png

Red - Scion Breshnev

Tech: Firemaking, Wheel, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Iron Blacksmithing, Archery, Textiles, Carrack, Iron Halberds, Mill, Animal Plow, Crop Rotation, Horse Cavalry,

-Animals are employed upon the farms to haul large equipment, such as plows and carts.

-The secrets of crop rotation are discovered.

-Horses are equipped with riders and armour to create English cavalry. These units prove to be an indispensible part of the military, moving faster, further, and more reliably than infantry.

-Mills are now exploited for numerous professions, everything from sawing planks, to driving furnace bellows.

-A writing system is developed based on phonograms.

-All barrels, sacks, crates, and other storage units are printed upon with the product's region and the date of production.

-Official documents, trading contracts, and the such are now accurately recorded in written English.

Veran Empire

9914161v.png

Maroon - Gorbachyov

Tech: Subsistence Farming, Plow, Wheel, Masonry, Pottery, Domestication, Archery, Naptha, Primitive Flamethrowers, Steel Blacksmithing, Steel Spears, Bear Cavalry, Steel Longsword, Coal, Galley

-Longswords are invented.

-The secrets of coal are discovered.

-Galleys are invented.

-Verans have begun to brew various alcoholic beverages, although mainly beer. Bartending become a very respected occupation.

-Monetary rewards are given out by the royals to subjects whom have multiple children. This encourages rapid and massive growth of farmland, as well as a dramatic reduction of accepted age for right-of-passage into adulthood.

-An attempt is made to make the Veran written language less confusing, while still keeping the phonograms and logograms as significant as possible. However, they are unable to simplify it, and now several different literate insitutions write in varying versions of Veran.

5 Turn Summary

England:

England, an Empire built upon the seas, relies upon waterways for their main methods of transport. Most of the nation's farming capability is upon the islands of Britain and Ireland, however, there is also a significant grain growing region in Normandy and Denmark, as well as grape farming (mainly for use in wine) in Britanny. England is slowly growing in terms of population, although mostly due to territorial gains in fertile regions of Europe. England exports flour and textiles, as well as wine to a certain extent. Imports include various steel and iron products, gold, and silver.

England is a very slow kingdom in terms of currency growth, due mainly to the majority of their gold and silver being attained through trade with Vera. Most English coins are actually minted by the Empire.

The English military is slow and short ranged, relying primarily upon their archers to engage the enemy, although halberds and spearmen also hold high prestige in the military.

Vera:

The Veran Empire is a vast, sprawling land based kingdom occupying the steppes of eastern Europe. A majority of all successful farms are in eastern Romania, central Russia, and along the Danube River. However, Veran grown foods are expensive at market price, and only account for about 70% of the nation's food consumption; the remaining food is imported from fertile English lands. The Veran Empire remains woefully underpopulated, and most of the kingdom's small population is either starved, or a farmer. Primary trading resources in Vera include crafted steel and iron goods, such as pots, pans, nails, belt clips, and animal collars. Imports include flour, various grains, and clothes.

Vera accounts for nearly 100% of all the mined gold and silver in the world, although nearly all of this wealth is controlled completely by wealthy merchants. These merchants control their own mines, and coin their own currency, as well as melting down Veran coins into British pounds and pence, and vice versa, to trade with their neighbors.

The Veran military is a slow and lumbering machine, armed primarily with finely crafted steel spears, their other weapons include the massive naptha flamethrower, and the unreliable bear cavalry. Archers play the most significant role in the veran army, often hailed as the most effective unit in their ar.senal.

Exports Map

http://i.imgur.com/7nEmZ.png

This map shows the top three resources that are exported from each region. This map will only be used once every five turns, along with the 5 Turn Summary.

Red you should join as your own nation somewhere in the world so it's just not two of us..