Sign in to follow this  
FeralShadow

Client constantly flashes black screen while playing

It's a good thing I don't have epilepsy

While I'm playing, the wurm client is constantly flickering black.  The only way to stop this is by holding down the mouse button and moving the camera around while moving or walking or doing anything.  Otherwise, it's like playing with 10 fps where 2 of the frames are complete black.  It's on a laptop with intel chipset (VPO or whatever is disabled)

No change with the unstable client.  Going to try one last reinstall of java and reinstall of wurm to maybe fix it.. otherwise i'm completely dumbfounded.

Ok.. Didn't work.  However, we did notice something strange.  If the mouse cursor was on any of the chat windows the client stopped flickering, you could walk around and do whatever normally as long as the cursor was on the chat boxes.  If it went off the chat box, the client would start flickering immediately.  Wierd.

If it only happens when the mouse is over the world, you could try disabling color picking in the compatibility tab.

Nice! it worked  ;D

Why would i have to disable it now (didn't use to have it disabled) and what does color picking do, anyways?

Color picking is a method for detecting the object underneath the mouse. It's needed because some drivers are dropping support for the old built-in API.

Eventually color picking may be the only option, so we should try to figure out why it misbehaves in your case. Could you post a console.log for later analysis?